AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z3 Hard Drive Image **OFFICIAL**

FTP - This will be very fast...

Holy crap, no kidding! I'm getting 9.3mbs down!

So, FTP d/l finished in about 3 hours. Waited for a lunch break to drop it onto the Z1's HDD (took about 20 minutes) and took it to the car.

Thank god my Franken-Z (Z1, upped to Z2, upped to Z2/Z3 Mash-Up) took the firmware update and is now a true Z3. Voice commands work perfectly (not that I use them).

Current versions:

VERSION: 03.0000

CDDB: 07-01-0030

PLATFORM: 3.000100

GPS PROGRAM: 1.200000

HDD APPLICATION: 3.100200

Wait a minute... The FTP Z3 image has the old CDDB? lol. At least that can be updated.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So with the bigger harddrive, do you have extra space for songs I assume. I am just nervous messing with the components. If I buy an 80 gig will someone upload the program for me? Or I will even just pay someone to get the 80 gig for me. Thanks for my ignorance...I just dont wanna mess up my system.

Waiting for a new Toshiba HDD to load the new Z3 image.

Anyone have any issues with a Z3 image on a new HDD.

just curious

Thanks

Nope, threw mine on an 80GB Toshiba today. Working like a champ.

Has anyone noticed if the voice commands are better recognized by the system with the Z3 update applied? I know on the Z2, no matter where my mic is, it's sometimes a pain to get it to understand me. I hope this was somewhat improved (at the least) with the Z3.

And I would test this myself but I don't have a spare hdd lying around... yet. 8)

So with the bigger harddrive, do you have extra space for songs I assume. I am just nervous messing with the components. If I buy an 80 gig will someone upload the program for me? Or I will even just pay someone to get the 80 gig for me. Thanks for my ignorance...I just dont wanna mess up my system.

Waiting for a new Toshiba HDD to load the new Z3 image.

Anyone have any issues with a Z3 image on a new HDD.

just curious

Thanks

Nope, threw mine on an 80GB Toshiba today. Working like a champ.

I think Pioneer only gives you 30 gigs for music, regardless of the size of your drive.

Has anyone noticed if the voice commands are better recognized by the system with the Z3 update applied? I know on the Z2, no matter where my mic is, it's sometimes a pain to get it to understand me. I hope this was somewhat improved (at the least) with the Z3.

And I would test this myself but I don't have a spare hdd lying around... yet. 8)

Nothing appears to have improved. In a nutshell, the bitch understands the basic commands that are listed on the screen and as far as understanding anything else: Your chances of winning the lottery are better. :lol:

I D/L the image from megapath and i have a Z1 that was upgraded last year to Z2 and now Z3 with this image and I can confirm that when hitting the voice command button my unit reboots. :(

I am currently D/L the image from the FTP and will try with that next.

The map update from megaupload is GOOD . You just have to redo the second partition (SData).

:wink:

I have completed the upgrade walkthrough. This will show you how to upgrade your exisiting avic-z hard drive to the latest maps and software while retaining your existing music library and phonebook.

Hi,

I heard that you have a Z3 image cloned on the HDD, helping AVIC411 by selling them at cost. Do you still have any? If so, can I have the specs of the HDD, I mean size/speed/brand? Please advice, how do you prefer to make this transaction.

Thanks for your help!

Dave

I lost my voice comand feature, everything works perfect except the voice comand, everytime I press the voice comand icon it resets

Someone should be able to send you the files for that partition only (SData, right?). It's only a few hundred MB rather than 10 gig. I had to do the same thing... huge waste of bandwidth.

I'd collect the files myself, but don't have access to the resources at the moment. Anyone else want to step up to the plate and offer a "megaupload fix"?