AVIC411.com

AVIC "F" Series Bypass

Got my 900 yesterday.

Installed it and connected the speed sensor to the ECU.

I started the engine and reset the unit.

The unit powers up, radio is working, XM is working.

A few problems:

1. CD player isn't showing track names when I play a CD.

2. Phone functions are all grayed out.

3. Systems settings menu and NAV settings menu is grayed out.

I didn't hook up he ebrake cable, is this why all of this is happening?

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. CD player isn't showing track names when I play a CD.

2. Phone functions are all grayed out.

3. Systems settings menu and NAV settings menu is grayed out.

I didn't hook up he ebrake cable, is this why all of this is happening?

1. the CD info lies in whether the CD has the ID tags filled out or not. My Fiance' just bought the Mama Mia soundtrack (STRONGLY DO NOT RECOMMEND :lol: ) and it didn't display anything as well

2. You have to pair and connect your phone, and/or do the bypass

3. That's because you didn't hook up the parking brake lead to your parking brake or you didn't complete the bypass (whichever you prefer). If you do the bypass, all those options will be fully accessible 24/7. If you wire it to the parking brake, they will only be accessible when the brake is up.

Hello people,

I didnt know if I should post this here or on a new thread but I just bought the AVIC-F500bt and I understand how to do the bypass for the avic-90bt, 900, and 700.

However, the Avic-f500bt is different. I dont have a wire harness like the other Avic's. Instead I have the wire harness that has DC5v, Parking Brake (light green), reverse gear signal input (I assume for rear camera), amp control (will not use), audio output (aux), battery cable w fuse (yellow), and rear view camera input (also wont use).

Please tell me what I need to do to bypass my AVIC-F500bt. I have the parking brake wire but I dont have the mute wire? Should I just need to ground the parking brake wire? I apologize for having no pic but the pdf file for the avic-f500bt connection is encrypted so I cant post a pic of the image. If its too confusing I can take a pic of my harness. Thanks!!!

Grounding is attaching the wire to something that has a path to the negative terminal on the battery. In this case, that would be either the radio's ground wire, or to a bolt or screw on a metal part of the car.

I'm sorry if this sounds mean, but i don't want to beat around the bush here... if you don't know how to or what a ground is, you probably should not be messing with any wiring in your car.

I'd say for now, just ground the parking brake wire and see what that does. If that bypasses the motion lockout, good. If it doesn't, I guess take a pic of the wiring harness so we can see what wires are on it and if there are any empty loots on it that could possibly be used in a bypass.

Okay, I got my 500 working in my car and unfortunately grounding the parking brake wire didnt work. I couldnt even change the settings while I was parked!

So, I can post up the wiring diagram that pioneer sent out but I dont want to get in trouble for copyright infringement. Will I get busted if I post it? I could just draw my own diagram. Let me know guys, I want to get this bypasses ASAP. Thanks.