AVIC411.com

F-series bluetooth compatibility topic

F-series model: F700

Phone make/model: Motorola ROKR (z6m)

Ease of connection: Pretty strait forward

Phone book transfer: PB Xfer crashed prior to 2.0. 2.0 simply says "cannot connect"

Sound quality: TOO F'ING LOUD. Unable to turn volume down from either the phone or the HU without muting.

Comments: BT is unusable

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F-series model: F-90BT (Firmware 2.0 and bluethooth update 3.30 RC3)

Phone make/model: ATT 8525, HTC hermes

Ease of connection: Pretty easy, just make sure you set the phone visible to other devices on the Bluetooth Mode setting tab, so the Avic can locate it when it is searching for new devices. After pairing setting are done the first time, you can turn this off if you want.

Phone book transfer: Perfect

Sound quality: Really good. It got REALLY improved with the lastest update 3.30 RC3 when compared with the 2.90, there is not more hiss or weird interferences.

Comments: Just loving it! :D

F-series model: F-90BT (Firmware 2.0 and bluethooth update 3.30 RC3)

Phone make/model: Tmobile G1

Ease of connection: Very easy, just had to make the G1 discoverable. Had to redo this after the BT update.

Phone book transfer: Haven't tried this yet

Sound quality: Very good, I have no complaints at all

Comments: Works well, not the slightest issue with it so far in terms of general phone use. Haven't tried the voice dialing or the phone book transfer yet.

F-series model: F900BT

Phone make/model: Alltel LG Rumor

Ease of connection: No problems

Phone book transfer: 170 contacts transfered no problem

Sound quality: Great on my end, every now and then the other person says I sound a tad muffled but can still understand me easily

Comments : Have to answer calls from the phone, cannot answer from unit. Incoming calls do not show caller ID. But have learned that both of these problems are a phone issue as other phones work great.

• 1 month later...

F-series model: F-90BT version 2.0 from factory

Phone make/model: Sharp Sidekick LX

Ease of connection: Easy

Phone book transfer: One at a time manual marking contact with vcardand sending via BT.

Sound quality: Ok, Both ways. Mic installed by the rearview mirror

Comments: Works great no complaints.

F-series model: F90BT

Phone make/model: LG Dare

Ease of connection: No Problems

Phone book transfer: No Problems

Sound quality: Good on my end. On the other end, people have said I am "muffled" or can't hear me at times, but this is on rare occasions.

Comments: Sound quality issues could be due to my mic placement since I have stuck it on the side of my steering column.

Phone make/model: LG VX8350

Ease of connection: Easy connection

Phone book transfer: Good contacts transfer, but askes for "Bluetooth PBAP Requested by Pioneer Nav. Accept?" every time you connect. If you do not open your phone and accept this the connection does not function properly (it took me a while to figure this out). So if you don't mind opening your phone and pushing a button every time you get in the car, this phone works well. Otherwise, not so much....

Sound quality: Seems fine.

Comments: The specific problem only happens after the first outgoing phone call. The first Phone call works fine, but if you haven't accepted the PBAP request then all subsequent phone have no sound through the car speakers. If you accepth the PBAP request, then all is well.

Phone make/model: BlackBerry Curve 8310

Ease of connection: Easy connection

Phone book transfer: No Problems

Works pretty good, but have to two minor issues.

First: I don't like that it puts your contact multiple time in the contact list. It should have the contact and all the numbers associated with the contact. Also would like to be able to put my own picture for my contact

Second: Freeze after I hang up every once in a while

F-series model: F90bt

Phone make/model: Verizon LG Voyager(VX10000)

Ease of connection: Easy. Set F90 to search, and made the voyager "visible" to it.

Phone book transfer: Fast. Probably about 45 seconds, and I have well over 100 contacts with multiple numbers for each.

Sound quality: I can hear people i call very well, and they can hear me very well. Even did a three-way conference call, and it was crystal clear to everyone!(We all had verizon, and the friend i called did the conference from his phone)

Comments: Doesn't seem like the F90 supports the voyager's text seeing as i don't get notified of a text when they come in. Unless one of my settings is wrong in the f90... but i don't think that's it.