AVIC411.com

external hard drive

theres been a few older threads on this.

hdd's dont get enough power to spin up via the usb input. not on the f900bt anyway. you need a secondary usb dedicated for feeding power to the hdd, and the other usb just for data. so far the most ive been able to get a hdd to boot up with is about 17GB of music recognized. right now, it makes more sense to buy a compatible ipod with a large capacity. im not gonna fold and do that though.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=24072

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=23298

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

1) i bought an ipod classic 120gig of music and video i dont need a touch ipod cuz i touch my avic and not the ipod

2) you can feed the external drive i have someone making me a power supply the local car audio shops in your area will prob make you one for like $20 this is the cheaper way to go for under $100 you can get 100gigs at your fingers

A company called Tuxera has announced that they've developed software (drivers, etc.) for Windows CE that will allow it to access (read/write) NTFS-formatted devices. They made the announcement in January but I don't see yet that it's been released to the public.

The Web site is: http://www.tuxera.com/. If you're really interested in using an external NTFS drive it may be worth contacting them about availability/expected release date.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello everybody sometimes you read a post after posts,just to end up in e dead end,,, with your head burning from a the scratching and the problem is that some people give nothing but smart ass coments and useless opinions

and hightech talk that at the end only leaves more questions :oops: Ok this is how it is I took the risk on buying a 320 GB Seagate Free Agent Go from walmart for about $54.00 not an expensive risk In my Opinion

I formated the hard drive to FAT32 with this sotware and yes it is free here is the link

http://www.mediafire.com/?ebcldjye10m

I do not know if it will work for you my unis is f900bt and i got 30gb of music in tha harddrive ant it work good it takes amout a minute to start keep in mine that every time you rerwrite the drive you woul have to go to the media options to select it manually and after the unit writes and saves the files you dont have to do it it goes automaticly :D hope this info. helps anyone and if the harddrive dont work on your unit DON BLAME for it Im just shering my Experiences so TAKE CARE

• 1 month later...