AVIC411.com

New map up on torrent????

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK- To everyone PMing me. I will no longer answer PM's regarding this torrent. Everything has been explained in this thread many times, but here it is again.

1. I only have the west coast disc.

2. Download the torrent file from the rapidshare link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/142615724/a ... rrent.html

3. Use your favorite torrent program do download this. Please don't bitch at me because of speed, I am seeding the best I can, and with over 40 people now downloading this things can go slow. YES I will continue to seed but will slow it down some over the weekend when I am home and not sleeping so I can actually use my internet connection.

4. unzip the .iso using winrar.

5. use magiciso to burn it to a DOUBLE LAYER DVD, not a regular 4.7 gig DVD.

http://www.magiciso.com/

6. When asked for the password before burning use the password "avic"

7. Let it burn, and go put it in your AVIC unit and it will upgrade, this is your map disk from now on.

If you have a problem then you fail at reading directions. Everything I posted here is what you need. It has also all been explained numerous times in this thread. Stop PMing me, I have things to do, not babysit.

Cheers! and thanks to the people seeding and following directions.

Also to add this is for Backup purposes ONLY. Many people need a backup since this disk is removed daily to play CDs or DVDs. If you do not own this disk then go buy it. I learned the expensive way with my original disks and they got all scratched up.

Yes good point this is for backup only!!!

allsounds (or anyone that has completed downloading and upgraded... )

Can you confirm that its ONLY map data, no update at all, (did anything seem different on the menus/display, version number, etc). I'm assuming all the Bypasses still work, etc...

Its still great news having a map update, but man I was hoping they would fix some stuff.

As others have mentioned, thanks to infinkc and allsounds for giving us all our ...ahh.. backups, ya that's the ticket,... backups, me and my wife, ... Morgan Fairchild... appreicate it, ...(ya I know, its super OLD!)