AVIC411.com

New map up on torrent????

No disrespect to anybody but how do u manage to get an N5 with only the west disc? Was that question already asked and answered? It jus puzzels me... I even tried callin an audio store my friend works at to see if he had any N5's in and to lend me the demo disc to burn but he been off work since he broke his leg. Its out there BUT to find it

I agree. I would be mad if I bought a n5 and it only came with the west disc. Did the guy loose it? He never said what happened to it.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked this question back on page 10 to infinkc specifically, but never did get a reply... oh well, you can't really look a gift horse in the mouth .... I guess we will eventually get the Eastern disc.

There was also comments (from romney) that this does have a firmware update and that it seems to have some performance gains, (though that could be from the map data as well...)

Once, the firmware update is complete, the disc will function like a normal NAV disc. One thing I have noticed is that the map is faster and locating POI's is faster too.

So for everyone saying its only map data, it might be more then that, (though I agree its probably not anything to revolutionary). For the people on the West coast and having done the upgrade, would you say it was consistently better, (now that the novelty of something new is over?)

I burned the disk a few times now and keep getting this message when I stick it in my N1, "Please Insert Appropriate Disk".

I burnt it with Alcohol 120% after converting it from UIF to ISO. First burn was at Maximum, second burn was at 2.4x(slowest allowable with my burner). I exploreed the disks and all the folders look like they are there but like I said, I stick it in the N1 and no go.

Does this disk not work with the N1?

So I'm trying to burn this to a disc and I haven't been successful yet. When looking at the completed disc, should I see the different folders contained in the .iso, or should I see only the one .iso file?

And thanks for getting this up :D

You should see a file structure like someone posted on a previous page, about half way down the page: http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=30

I burned the disk a few times now and keep getting this message when I stick it in my N1, "Please Insert Appropriate Disk".

I burnt it with Alcohol 120% after converting it from UIF to ISO. First burn was at Maximum, second burn was at 2.4x(slowest allowable with my burner). I exploreed the disks and all the folders look like they are there but like I said, I stick it in the N1 and no go.

Does this disk not work with the N1?

Same thing happened to me.

Anyone get this to work on an N1?

Burning at lowered speed has a few draw backs, so in short without extensive explaination... if having trouble with any kind of burn its always good to try and lower the speed. Just dont go too low it can effect playback... if you can find out what speed the drive is that will be playing the disk its a good idea to go with that speed for your recording. When in doubt burn at 4x or 8x

I don't think these disks not working has anything to do with the speed they are burnt at. There was another person getting the same message as me. They have a D3 and I have an N1. Anyone else getting the error message "Please Insert Appropriate Disk" ? Post which system you have.