AVIC411.com

New map up on torrent????

Jus a small update. As we all kno we on a mission tryin 2 get the new EAST COAST 2008 disc correct??? Well I called my friends work to see if he back at work and he was in today BUT left early. Im a call him tomorrow cause they say he in and ask if they have the AVIC N5 in and if so Im a ask him to lend me the EAST COAST disc IF they got it. And thats when y'all come in and guide me on how to upload it. BUt remember thats IF he gots them in.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

I had a guy I work with download and burn the update for me because I really don't know my head from my a$$ with all this stuff. Put the disk in my D3, it went through a short update process and I thought I was good to go. I noticed new roads and everything on my way home from work. Then I tried a vicinity search for a restaurant and it basically froze up. Same this happens when I try a POI search. I had a couple addresses saved already and it would map those but nothing new. It was also doing a horrible job of directing me from my local YMCA back home.

Can anyone help me here?? Something went wrong in the download I'm guessing??

I just downloaded and burned the disc. It didn't initially work on my AVIC-9DVD either, however, I went into Test Mode and discovered the reason why. The Application Program for my AVIC-9DVD is missing from the disc (EU010APT.PRG file). The AVIC-9DVD has a cool feature in that it can read missing files from the PC Card slot, so I copied the missing PRG, the matching HTM file (probably not necessary), and DVI.DAT to the PC Card and now the DVD will boot up.

The PRG file is definitely missing for the AVIC-D1/D2 also, and I suspect it won't work on AVIC-N1, N2, and N3 either.

The only PRG that's present is EU070APL.PRG. As far as I know, here is a list of PRG files and which device uses it:

EU010APT.PRG - AVIC-9DVD, 8DVD, 80DVD, 88DVD.

EU040APL.PRG - AVIC-N1, N2, N3??? This one I'm not too sure about.

EU050APL.PRG - AVIC-D1, D2

EU070APL.PRG - AVIC D3, N4, N5

In theory, you should be able to copy the appropriate PRG and DVI.DAT from whatever disc you got the PRG file to the disc and it should boot and work. DVI.DAT contains info on the disc and program versions. You must use the DVI.DAT from your old disc because the DVI.DAT on the new disc won't work. I would also copy the matching EU0x0APL.HTM file just in case... the boot process may do file checking, who knows. You definitely won't see any program updates this way, but at least the map will be newer. In fact, on mine it didn't even change the boot screen.

So I'm trying to burn this to a disc and I haven't been successful yet. When looking at the completed disc, should I see the different folders contained in the .iso, or should I see only the one .iso file?

And thanks for getting this up :D

You should see a file structure like someone posted on a previous page, about half way down the page: http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=30

it works now, thanks

My D3 boots up just fine and everything works great till I actually try plotting a new course of some kind. It will plot an existing course from my address book (apparently that doesn't get deleted in the update process) but when I select a loaction or POI it will basically lock up when it goes to actually plot the course.

The only thing I could think of was just to try re-burning the disc and see what happens. Maybe a glitch in the burn or on the disc...???

ok, i did what gnat said for my D1 and it kinda worked. the main problem is that it does update the firmware. the menus are all messed up now. they have the wrong labels on the buttons and some buttons just say 'empty'. so you kinda just have to remember where the buttons are supposed to be. i can see a few new features but havent tested them out yet. oh, and of course the maps and POIs are updated, as far as i can tell anyways. i dont recommend going with this method unless you know what files to delete off the disc image to stop it from updating your hardware. i tried putting in the old 1.2 disc. the only thing that it changed is the map, some areas are just missing. if anyone knows how to roll back the software please help!

ok, i had my original disc in the drive and i figured maybe the menus in another language were ok so i switched it to french. when it switched over it also loaded the firmware from my original disc. so now im good to go. but if someone can figure out what files to delete to stop the system from updating with the new disc then we would all be set...except for the east coast guys

but if someone can figure out what files to delete to stop the system from updating with the new disc then we would all be set...except for the east coast guys

No need to rub it in :(

Im still on the hunt for the east coast disc but no luck... Called up my boy today at work and they don't have ANY N5's NOR any N4's :shock: I think Pioneer might be gettin ROBBED by me in the days to come if they keep this shit up.

NavyMike192 - Fellow D1 owner, very interested in adjusting these files to get this iso to work. Did you change both/replace both of the files mentioned in GnatGoSplat's post? But I guess this confirms that it's not the actualy 80mp release from pioneer. Might be why they're waiting so long to release this years update, even they're having trouble getting it to work on all DVD models.

ok, i had my original disc in the drive and i figured maybe the menus in another language were ok so i switched it to french. when it switched over it also loaded the firmware from my original disc. so now im good to go. but if someone can figure out what files to delete to stop the system from updating with the new disc then we would all be set...except for the east coast guys

Hmmm, that's different. Is your disc rather old? My previous disc was CNDV-70MTP. There are other parts like GPS, System, etc. On mine, all those things matched the N5 disc, the only difference was the missing PRG file. When I did a file compare on mine, all the UC010*.* files matched mine.

If you got the PRG from an older disc with an older version, all the other files are probably newer so that's why you've got mismatched files and it tried to update the language and other parts. Total guess, but I think using an older disc, you're going to need to also copy over the UC050*.* files for the D1/D2 in order for it to not update. Probably the only reason I didn't need to is my previous disc was CNDV-70MTP.

Yeah, this is definitely not the official retail release. It's an "OEM" version specific for the N5. The CJ1226blahblah (forget exactly) version number is an indication of that, the real release will have a version starting with CNDV-80MP.

Gnat, where have you been this whole time?? Wish I knew what you did, I'd still have a DL disk left over to try out copying the 70 file over to this one. Thank you for giving your insite to this one, I'm totally in the dark in regards to the file structure.

What do you think, is it worth it to try and do this? Or just wait for the 80 release? With the map updated, does the nav track okay? or is it all over the place?

I did what GnatGoSplat suggested to do, and it worked for me too. Like him, I had the CNDV-70MTP update previously installed, so I had no icons or anything out of order, and the best thing is I have the new map updates. That's all I really wanted anyway, at least until the actual release of the CNDV-80MT for my unit (AVIC-80DVD) comes out.

Hey All,

Props to the people who made this possible. I don't have a use for the west disc, but I downloaded it and I'm seeding it to help keep it alive. However right now there are 8 seeds and 2 peers haha.. So Not a whole lot of people downloading it. I've got decent speeds, but to keep my stuff useable, I've capped it at 30K during the day.

Enjoy!

eGo