AVIC411.com

New map up on torrent????

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, question for ya, I burnt the uif file to a +R DL RW DVD... loaded it into my D3, it checked the file and updated. When it rebooted I wasn't getting any of the beeps or pongs when touching the screen. I was like "ok, this is weird" but I was getting my sirius audio.

After a couple seconds the drive came to live and made a whirring, and I got my pongs and beeps back, it then spit out the burnt disk.

So here I am, pressing the nav button, and it doesn't do anything. Hmm... So I go into the audio setup and try switching to the nav menu.. it sits at a black screen, then crashes the unit.

So i re-boot the system with the DVD back in the drive, it comes to live, shows "Starting nav" sits at the pioneer screen showing that it's 1994-2008. Sits there for a while, then crashes the unit again.

What's going on?

I personally think that the Torrent people have burnt are really meant for the AVIC N5 and thats it. If u look at the disc that came with the N5 should say "For AVIC-N5" so it prolly has a different format somewhere in there. I dunno I jus think thats the issue. The new released discs are prolly made differently and is meant for the other systems... I dunno jus speakin out my ass lol

ok, question for ya, I burnt the uif file to a +R DL RW DVD... loaded it into my D3, it checked the file and updated. When it rebooted I wasn't getting any of the beeps or pongs when touching the screen. I was like "ok, this is weird" but I was getting my sirius audio.

After a couple seconds the drive came to live and made a whirring, and I got my pongs and beeps back, it then spit out the burnt disk.

So here I am, pressing the nav button, and it doesn't do anything. Hmm... So I go into the audio setup and try switching to the nav menu.. it sits at a black screen, then crashes the unit.

So i re-boot the system with the DVD back in the drive, it comes to live, shows "Starting nav" sits at the pioneer screen showing that it's 1994-2008. Sits there for a while, then crashes the unit again.

What's going on?

If you did indeed burn the .uif file to a disc, that won't work. You need to extract the files from the .uif, if I remember correctly, it creates an .iso file and then you burn from that.

1. I only have the west coast disc.

[that's fine, that's all I need]

2. Download the torrent file from the rapidshare link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/142615724/a ... rrent.html

[done]

3. Use your favorite torrent program do download this. Please don't bitch at me because of speed, I am seeding the best I can, and with over 40 people now downloading this things can go slow. YES I will continue to seed but will slow it down some over the weekend when I am home and not sleeping so I can actually use my internet connection.

[that's alright, it took a few days but it's downloaded]

4. unzip the .iso using winrar.

[what Iso? It was .rar format, when unrar'd there was only a .uif format file... so I burnt the uif file to disk, I'm assuming that you have to open the uif with magic iso, convert it to an .iso file and then burn that iso file to a DL DVD.]

5. use magiciso to burn it to a DOUBLE LAYER DVD, not a regular 4.7 gig DVD.

http://www.magiciso.com/

[done]

6. When asked for the password before burning use the password "avic"

[done]

7. Let it burn, and go put it in your AVIC unit and it will upgrade, this is your map disk from now on.

[it upgraded, now it's asking for the proper disk]

If you have a problem then you fail at reading directions. Everything I posted here is what you need. It has also all been explained numerous times in this thread. Stop PMing me, I have things to do, not babysit.

[followed you exact instructions, seems like you missed a step though]

Cheers! and thanks to the people seeding and following directions.

[don't worry, I have a 2.4 share ratio with the torrent]

Has anyone successfully updated their D2 with any of the files out currently? Mine bombs out even after patching in the missing EU050APL files (PRG & HTM). It updates and all the buttons work, but the map is completely borked. I'm going to just wait for an official release before I waste any more DL discs.

Ok So I've used imgburn and alcohol 120 to try this and neither works. I have the iso image it is the correct size and everything. I have one question:

Does this have to be a "Bootable image" As in magic iso you can burn the dvd as a "bootable iso image" Is that the problem everyone is having?

Yeah..... or Neah....