AVIC411.com

Progress Report

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, indeed, but that would be something up Leet's alley. All A/V information is overlayed on the map by A/V software. iGO has no clue about it. If somebody can hack A/V executables to display different information, it would be doable...

Boris,

For the last few day I have been trying to upload your changes with no luck the start up message just stays up until it reboots sometime later. I am pretty comfortable messing with the .ui files so I must be missing something.

I have tried adding your files to my data.zip minus your navigatemap_800_480.ui (I want to keep the mads I have done)

I tried adding the UI_pioneer files to IGO and still the same results

Is there a mod I might have done that is conflicting, or some setting. I am totally stumped.

Hmmm... This is strange. I do not think there are any prerequisite mods.

However, if you are using my navigatemap.ui than you can not us your navigatemap_800_480.ui. They have to match, and I believe you have added things to yours so scripts (in navigatemap.ui) do not match with elements defined in navigatemap_800_480.ui file. This might cause it to hang on startup.

Technically, other files could also refer to content of either navigatemap file, but I don't think there is anything in my hacks that does it beyond what was already on there.

Try it with both navigatemapXXX.ui files either yours or mine and see if it works. If it does, you'll need to merge changes together...

BorisM

Would you please let me know if I ONLY want speedcam and redlight warning, what are the script files I need to modify? If I read the thread right, I assume place800_480.ui setting800_480.ui and speedcam800_480.ui are the only files I need to mod. However, is it possible to state which parts? Thanks.

Then adding "leetcoder"'s .kml POIs will work?

Thank you so much.

BorisM

Would you please let me know if I ONLY want speedcam and redlight warning, what are the script files I need to modify? If I read the thread right, I assume place800_480.ui setting800_480.ui and speedcam800_480.ui are the only files I need to mod. However, is it possible to state which parts? Thanks.

Thank you so much.

You're welcome.

For basic operation, you only need setting.ui and setting_800_480.ui (these let you turn on speedcam functionality). Or you can turn speedcams on in SYS.TXT.

Then you may want placeXXX.ui (you need both files in most cases) that lets you add new or edit existing cameras. I don't think I did anything beyond basic cleanup to speedcamXXX.ui files -- they are in fine condition as is, because the functionality is in Euro version of AVIC.

However, you do NOT want KML files. Those will work as normal POIs, not as speedcameras. In the speedcam thread I've posted a program that will convert VBLUE42's KML files (I don't remember offhand where he gets them) into TXT format that iGO takes. THere should be ocnverted files there as well...

boris, in the pioneer ini can I change the location of speedcam file to \my flash disk\igo?

Also, I could use some assistance, maybe we ca work on th I want to add the shortcuts, when I startup the navi it locks up and reboots, I went through each file with exam diff pro and found changes, but there are changes on yours that he didnt... this is your code cleaning... would that cause a problem?

boris, in the pioneer ini can I change the location of speedcam file to \my flash disk\igo?

You probably could, but why would you want to?

Also, I could use some assistance, maybe we ca work on th I want to add the shortcuts, when I startup the navi it locks up and reboots, I went through each file with exam diff pro and found changes, but there are changes on yours that he didnt... this is your code cleaning... would that cause a problem?

It shouldn't since it runs fine here. Can you isolate a specific file or file pair where the problem is? Then we can see what is breaking.

BorisM

Thank you so much.

You're welcome.

For basic operation, you only need setting.ui and setting_800_480.ui (these let you turn on speedcam functionality). Or you can turn speedcams on in SYS.TXT.

Then you may want placeXXX.ui (you need both files in most cases) that lets you add new or edit existing cameras. I don't think I did anything beyond basic cleanup to speedcamXXX.ui files -- they are in fine condition as is, because the functionality is in Euro version of AVIC.

However, you do NOT want KML files. Those will work as normal POIs, not as speedcameras. In the speedcam thread I've posted a program that will convert VBLUE42's KML files (I don't remember offhand where he gets them) into TXT format that iGO takes. THere should be ocnverted files there as well...

To make sure I understand right, let me summarize it.

So basically, I need to modify setting.ui and setting_800_480.ui and place.ui and place_800_480.ui and that's it?

Then comes out the second question, again, if I only want speedcam and redlight warning, copying those four files from your zip file to my data.zip

is totally okay? But I am conerning these files contain other functions that I may not be needed. Or is it possible just simply let me know which part of scripts I need to mod.

Thanks again for your help.

VBLUE -- thanks.

Keresene -- speedcam files (TXT oiGO imports) go into iGO\content\speedcam. The directory is on the headunit already. I never actually tried importing them off of SD card, but in any case iGO should read TXT files off of it and import them into internal database, so you do not need to keep the card inserted.

mattchench -- Yes, that should do it. I did add a few more settings to setting.UI (vehicle type and something else) but nothing out of the ordinary.

If you want to add speedcams ONLY search for a line commented by xucheng (one of Pioneer's skinwriters) where he оршвуы camera controls depending on your region, and set it to show always... Same thing in PLACE, if щнг are in US/Canada he hides Camera buttons, I just return to original code.

Don't forget to add actual camera data.

Boris so if we just want to keep the speedcam settings and POI settings then all we need is place, setting, and poi ui files along with speedcam location file?

I already have those added to my avic, so can i go ahead and just copy Keeper or lava's data.zip, sys, and font files to my avic and everything will play nice? I'm referring to the quicklaunch thread.

Do we need your navigate file for those mods above to work? If so is it possible to highlight those sections so we know what part to copy to keepers file?