AVIC411.com

Progress Report

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Boris, I tried the new setting file replacing the ui files on your 2.0 files. it showed a new menu under setting that allows changing the setting of building visibility as expected. however, I could not notice any difference, it seems to have not effect (unless i'm looking the wrong thing) i was expecting to get buildings to show in addition to the common 3d landmarks. I installed the maps 2008.4 NA on my avic and I have the same maps on my IGO8 on my PDA, the PDA show a lot o buildings on Cleveland, but the AVIC only show the 3d landmarks not the buildings.

Do i expect to see the buildings with this mod?

Do I need to do any other mod to show the buildings?

Thanks

Did you copy the (hacked) EzRider executable and 3DC files for your location?

There's a thread about adding 3D buildings somewhere here... but basically Pioneer only gave us Landmark files but not buildings so you need to add them yourself.

Boris,

1st wow... thanks for the quick response...

2nd, yes, i installed the hacked ezrider and a new set of maps 2008.4 NA, this includes maps, pois, and buildings (3dl landmarks and 3dc buildings). i made sure that there are 3dl and 3dc files for Ohio. also checked the sys.txt and it contains:

[debug]

enable_buildings=1

Any idea?

By the way i own a 90BT, i don't know if it makes any difference

• 2 weeks later...

Boris,

I finally managed to get the 3d city buildings to show (*.3dc) i was just missing the right license file... anyways... now that i can see the buildings, i noticed that the unit is rendering only the 3d models not the textures (i mean, only 3d transparent blocks). On my PDA version the buildings get transparent only when you are close to them (so you are able to see the roads behind) but other buildings are rendered with their proper texture (showing buildings with windows, and other details) any idea of how to get the unit to display the textures in the building?

i tried with "use_all_building_textures=1" under the [3d] section of the sys.txt with not luck.

any ideas?

Thanks

2v9upsh.jpg

Boris,

I finally managed to get the 3d city buildings to show (*.3dc) i was just missing the right license file... anyways... now that i can see the buildings, i noticed that the unit is rendering only the 3d models not the textures (i mean, only 3d transparent blocks). On my PDA version the buildings get transparent only when you are close to them (so you are able to see the roads behind) but other buildings are rendered with their proper texture (showing buildings with windows, and other details) any idea of how to get the unit to display the textures in the building?

i tried with "use_all_building_textures=1" under the [3d] section of the sys.txt with not luck.

any ideas?

Thanks

Try using a different color scheme. Some give you far better looking buildings than others.

these are just the edited files, correct?

I guess I'll have to change to a eng warning system.

All the UI files, actually, from ui subfolders. They are all at least a bit cleaned up...

English warnings should not be all the difficult, actually. It needs a set of audio files I did not include, but I can set you up with English ones...