AVIC411.com

Progress Report

Changres are in Navigatemap and Route UI files. I'll need to look up what the exact changes were, since I am not running it right now. Pretty miunor, though. You basically need to call SIMULATE instead of FLYOVER mode from the Route information screen.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Changres are in Navigatemap and Route UI files. I'll need to look up what the exact changes were, since I am not running it right now. Pretty miunor, though. You basically need to call SIMULATE instead of FLYOVER mode from the Route information screen.

if ever you have the chance could you post it up, thanks

Standard speed display code will work for simulation.

To hide other buttons, replicate exactly what it does for Stop button.

All other buttons hide when I press the stop button. But what I want to know is how do I get the buttons to hide when the simulation finishes and I did not get the chance to press the stop button.

if ever you have the chance could you post it up, thanks

I'll try, need to find if I still have these files somewhere.

All other buttons hide when I press the stop button. But what I want to know is how do I get the buttons to hide when the simulation finishes and I did not get the chance to press the stop button.

I would think it should be the same code that makes the Stop button disappear. I'll see if I can find it...

Hi Guys,

I created my own speedindicators. I expanded the box in the downleft corner so that it shows the speedlimit, drivespeed and elevation. Al of them with icons and transparency.

What I want to do now is change the color from drive speed into red when you exceed the speedlimit and position the visual speedcam warning all to the right of the screen because it is displayed behind the modification now.

Does anyone know how to change color on this condition and where I can reposition the visual speedcam warning?

BorisM, did you have any luck on finding out how the stop button gets hidden when the simulation ends?

If someone is interested in this mod, please let me know and I will post my files.

post-29225-12872757266938_thumb.jpg

What I want to do now is change the color from drive speed into red when you exceed the speedlimit and position the visual speedcam warning all to the right of the screen because it is displayed behind the modification now.

Does anyone know how to change color on this condition and where I can reposition the visual speedcam warning?

To change the speedcam warning position you need to modify the ui_SpeedCamWarningLayer in speedcam_800_480.ui in ui_pioneer\800_480\ui. Here is my code that moves it to the right. Bear in mind I use an Ipod so mine stops short of the ipod artwork, if you don't use an ipod then you might want to move the x of the all the elements in the box further right.

;
;	
;	
;	
;	
;	
; 
;	
;	
;	
;

Hope this helps.

Matt

you exceed the speedlimit and position the visual speedcam warning all to the right of the screen because it is displayed behind the modification now.

BorisM, did you have any luck on finding out how the stop button gets hidden when the simulation ends?

If someone is interested in this mod, please let me know and I will post my files.

Haven't looked at stop button yet -- wasn't home over the weekend.

For speed numbers, you could try something like this (from Gurjon skin):

You'll need to adjust positions and colors acordingly...

I would think it should be the same code that makes the Stop button disappear. I'll see if I can find it...

si i was able to figure out the simulation controls and all taht, now i'm having the same problem as TOXIT

GTIMatt

I have changed the speedcamwarning code as you suggested. Unfortunately I don't get speedcamwarnings when I'm simulating my route for some reason so I can't test it yet, but I'm sure it will work. Thank you for your reply!

BorisM

I used your advise for the color change and it works perfectly. When I'm over the speedlimit the speedindicator turns red. Thank you for your reply!

Dumpystig

The previous pic was made with my mobile phone. I have made one with my digital camera now. If you want the files, please let me know.

The only thing left to do is to find out how to hide the simulation buttons when the simulation ends without pressing the stop button. If anyone has any suggestions, please reply.

post-29225-12872757275079_thumb.jpg

Toxit,

That looks really good, but what's the display at bottom right, and what is the icon?

Next thing, I'm no Photoshop man (as you can see :lol: ), so how much trouble would it be for you to make a similar box as yours, only with all the info displayed one above the other, as in the pic below?

post-26891-12872757276334_thumb.jpg

Dumpystig,

Creating the box isn't the most of the work. Finding out the exact positions of the icons and text is what takes the most time because you have to run in and out of your car all the time to change the pixels one or two positions. The box on the bottom right shows your elevation.

If you position the boxes on top of each other, you don't have enough free place. The top box would be positioned on top of your second driving instruction. Also, the scale indicator would be visible through the boxes. All of that has to be changed to make it work like that and that will take a lot of time. That's why I made it like this.

I'm no photoshop man either, I used a program called Slavasoft Paint Express. This program shows you the transparency while you edit your picture like in Windows Paint. Editing the box is very easy this way. All you have to do then is figure out the exact locations of the icons and text. The box is called: "746_32K_OM-014_32b.bmp" and is located in the "\ui_pioneer\800_480\" folder. The icons are: "746_32K_OM-062_32b.bmp", "746_32K_OM-063_32b.bmp" and "746_32K_OM-066_32b.bmp" in the same folder.

Iknow plenty about altering 'x', 'y', 'w' coordinates, I had to change a shed load in my DATA.zip mod, so for me that's the easy part! But I've got the 500 so I do whatever I need in the comfort of my den LOL. And I've got rid of map scale.

I can still have a column of six boxes, it's a simple case of altering outer box height to suit available space and then dividing into six boxes slightly shallower than yours. Then if any fontsizes need to be adjusted I can also do them to suit.

Can you post your mods to date so I can have a look at doing my mod to your mod :)

And thanks for info on Slavasoft, I'll have a look at it tonight.

Cheers