AVIC411.com

Progress Report

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eurotuner29,

I think I have an idea what's going on here. You're trying to change the color of your drivingspeedindicator on the speedlimit when not navigating. Your code says that this indicator will only show when you don't have a valid speedlimit: !navigation.current_speed_limit.valid

This means that the condition navigation.current_speed.value>navigation.current_speed_limit.value will always be true because your drivespeed will aways be greater than "not valid" (probably equals 0). Hence the always red indicator.

If you want the drivespeedindicator to change color you will have to find another way, because it is impossible to do so with a comparison to the speedlimit because the indicator will only show when there is no speedlimit available.

You can try this code instead, but I'm not sure it will work;

;*** White speed indicator only shows when manuver distance is not valid

;*** Red speed indicator shows when manuver distance is not valid, Speedlimit > 0 and Drivespeed > Speedlimit

Good luck!

Why would you want to use distance to maneuver as the visible model? Unless you want to show speed only when navigating on a route?

Just put white and red indicators on the same spot, with red one having a higher Z value. Show the white one always, and red only when there is a speed limit and current speed is greater...

Why would you want to use distance to maneuver as the visible model? Unless you want to show speed only when navigating on a route?

Just put white and red indicators on the same spot, with red one having a higher Z value. Show the white one always, and red only when there is a speed limit and current speed is greater...

I'm sorry i didnt make the code up i was just copy and pasting them to make something work and really cant understand the codes, so i must have picked that up from someone. Boris can u please modify the code above to the way u think it should look? I would appreciate it.

I'm sorry i didnt make the code up i was just copy and pasting them to make something work and really cant understand the codes, so i must have picked that up from someone. Boris can u please modify the code above to the way u think it should look? I would appreciate it.

It all depends on when you want to show it, really, but something like this (again, you'd need to adjust positions and colors to your liking... I am just lifting it from a different skin):

; Show normal white speed always

; Above it show pinkish speed, when approaching speed limit

; Same level as pink, but this one is visible if there is a speed limit and we are above it.

Something like this should work...

BorisM,

It was my bad. I have iGo 8.3 with skin mod on my other GPS, and house number shows on the map nearby the cursor. Therefore, I assumed that's where the number should show and didn't notice that you put it on the street info bar.

Thank you for sharing your scripts and help.

BTW, the script for "simulate" button which replace "fly over" seems not included in your latest script pack.

Ah, I see... One could show house numbers by the cursor here, too, but my approach is to clutter the map as little as possible, and current street line is there already, so I put it there... Besides, it also looks logical enough in 2D mode.

I didn't put simulate piece in the latest scriptset, because I didn't have slower/faster buttons disappearing correctly, and I don't use it enough to keep messing with it :)

It all depends on when you want to show it, really, but something like this (again, you'd need to adjust positions and colors to your liking... I am just lifting it from a different skin):

; Show normal white speed always

; Above it show pinkish speed, when approaching speed limit

; Same level as pink, but this one is visible if there is a speed limit and we are above it.

Something like this should work...

Boris, This will also disappear when a route is selected?

Boris, This will also disappear when a route is selected?

No, this one should just show the speed, regardless of routing. If you want to remove it when navigating, add "&!navigation.has_route" to visiblemodels.

Ah, I see... One could show house numbers by the cursor here, too, but my approach is to clutter the map as little as possible, and current street line is there already, so I put it there... Besides, it also looks logical enough in 2D mode.

I didn't put simulate piece in the latest scriptset, because I didn't have slower/faster buttons disappearing correctly, and I don't use it enough to keep messing with it :)

Yeah, I don't think it's important either. You've covered all useful items already. Great work! I am even happier with my $200 F500BT with your scripts. Thanks again!!!

Yeah, I don't think it's important either. You've covered all useful items already. Great work! I am even happier with my $200 F500BT with your scripts. Thanks again!!!

You're welcome! Glad you like it.