AVIC411.com

LeetLauncher v3.0!!!

Leetcoder,

I have not installed your launcher yet but would like to say thank you for the good work first.

Secondly, would it be possible to build a stock version of igo8 with the original AV map overlays that show the source, track or station and artwork from the AVIC?

To me, this is the holy grail because I can use a better nav interface, skin as I wish, and keep all of the AVIC AV functions. I am thinking it could even be installed directly to the AVIC.

Do you think it can be pulled off?

I think he's already working on this, on pg1 item 6 i think. This would be sic to use stock Avic and Igo8 interface. Not sure how the BT POI calls and voice commands would work though. TomTom may be more difficult.

Is it possible to change the menu hard button to a switch of some sort to cycle Launcher and Avic Main Menu? when using tomtom or igo, we cant get into main avic menu to change settings or make phone call cause menu button brings up launcher. My issue today was my ipod sound wasnt working and i realized i had to change AV1 to ipod but i couldnt get to settings.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isn't there a fix for that already?

with the new sys.txt and data.zip

i load up avic .. start up my ipod.. then if i need to NAV i go back to avic main menu.. (by pushing the ipod icon then the back arrow) ... then from there i push the MENU hard button.. and that brings me to the launcher.. then i hit IGO ... from there you can push MENU hard button to go back to launcher.. and push AVIC..

it's really roundabout .. i think if i could hit MENU from the ipod screen to go to launcher that'd help quite a bit ..

but i can switch between avic and igo

To let you guys know the progress, I'm not going to fix any bugs to the launcher at this time. My focus is currently on the Audio Video player, it will be based on the media player TCPMP 0.72.

I am currently still rewriting the codes to support skinning and interface that is more user friendly to be safe for daily driving.

I just notice something. The AVIC have another built in unit that is seperrated from the Windows CE. This means that even if the pioneer software is not loaded your deck can still use the FM/AM tuner, CD,DVD to play music and movies. The pioneer software however communicate with that component to navigate tracks and volume etc.

This could also explain why I could not get the rear speaker to work. The whole audio is amplified through a different module of the deck.

I did not notice this before because haven't try putting in an audio cd and mp3 cd. So even if you guys use the Launcher 1.5, you can still put a cd into the unit and use the audio. Another thing I notice is that the unit can load up and play the cd really fast within 5-10 seconds of booting up the unit.

I am currently working on skinning TCPMP but thinking of putting this project on hold and continue to work on improving the launcher to see if it can communicate with this module. I will probably will continue skinning the TCPMP later for those that have a deck that doesn't support DIVX.

i think that's a logical decision as well. i'm all for a fully functional interface prior to recoding a music player when there's a working one semi there.

i'd almost would like to see the AVIC launcher auto load pioneer AVIC.. because i actually use the ipod interface.. then if i wanted to run navi.. i could use the customized igo 8 ...

is it possible to remap the MAP button to run igo8 (through the launcher so you could still minimize) maybe?

Wow, i just extracted all the files from the Laucnher at the root of the SD, and copied Maps, poi & 3d buildings from another Igo version i have for PDA.

and then tried it in my car :

results : AMAZING !

- the launcher is ready in 20 secs.

- Igo8 runs exactly as on my PDA, sound works and TMC too !

- drawings of maps in Igo are pretty fast and the screen reacts as soon as i touch it ! (that feeling is really great. And it just demonstrate that the original Pioneer avic firmware is coded too heavy)

I'm finally a bit more happy about the F900bt thanks to you :)

I know you are working on the player right now, do u think we gonna be able to listen to music (radop or SD) and navigate with Igo8 at the same time ??

also how hard would it be to keep the rear camera view ability ?

THANKS again leetcoder