AVIC411.com

New Update Soon

i hope they do fix the blackberry issue...i got my first cell phone ticket yesterday because of that stupid thing not working on a business call...i swear to God i nearly pulled the unit out of my dashboard and smashed it to the ground.. :x i was pissed...spent nearly a G on a unit for its bluetooth and it doesn't work with such a common phone like the blackberry...ludacris...anywhom i'll post the results with the new FW regarding bberry/BT if indeed becomes available, or i will get rid of it next week, not waiting for another ticket...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just go off the phone with pioneer...The update will here today....It will go up on site in afternoon....this is the information that he heard yesterday.

Sweet, I hope your not just yanking our chain, if you are, i Have a feeling we will be having a bomb fire outside consisting of Pioneer f series units and lots of gasoline hahahaha.

Hey all!

First off I am new here so I'd just like to say hi to everyone! All of your posts have been very helpful to me.

Mizifreak, sorry to hear about your ticket. I can completely see that being as frustrating as possible. I kind of face the same situation with the iPod failure issue. I spent 1G+ on this unit MAINLY for the iPod connectivity and yet the iPod drops out at least once a day. Reaching into my glovebox to reconnect a cable everytime I want to hear music is not my idea of convenient OR safe by any means.

Other than the BT\iPod drop-out issues, I am completely satisfied with this unit and I think it would be a HUGE mistake for Pioneer to sleep on correcting these issues ASAP. Here's hoping that the update comes out today and that it improves these two issues!

If I've learned anything from owning this unit is that its like having a hot girlfriend that is mentally unstable. Looking at the unit made me buy it regardless of all the problems that you guys reported I just could not resist buying it. Now they say that they postponed the update. I sent them an email complaining about the device and they never had the audacity to respond back to me. I expect this kind of treatment from a crappy company not Pioneer. The F series (in my opinion) killed pioneers credibility.

Just got off the phone with pioneer. they dont have a ETA on the update. they are currently testing the update and estimating the release around mid of november. the fixes are the blackberry, touch 2.0, BOOT UP TIME, and few other things. soo till then, ill be waiting.

WTF, how can everyone be getting different information, someone said for suure its today, now you say not till november.

So wtf, either someone is guessing, which im going to assume is the reps at the call center. Those guys prob get their infor from avic411 too haha.

WTF!

Just got off the phone with pioneer. they dont have a ETA on the update. they are currently testing the update and estimating the release around mid of november. the fixes are the blackberry, touch 2.0, BOOT UP TIME, and few other things. soo till then, ill be waiting.

WTF, how can everyone be getting different information, someone said for suure its today, now you say not till november.

So wtf, either someone is guessing, which im going to assume is the reps at the call center. Those guys prob get their infor from avic411 too haha.

WTF!

my source is the tech support for mobile audio department from pioneers(800 #)

only thing we can do is just to wait and see.

WTF!

My source is a customer service manager....I would told it would be released today and that friday was the cut off for improvements on the update....He also told me that sometimes they yank these updates because of one failure on there test units....so who knows...but I was told today...so we will see what the brings.

WTF!

My source is a customer service manager....I would told it would be released today and that friday was the cut off for improvements on the update....He also told me that sometimes they yank these updates because of one failure on there test units....so who knows...but I was told today...so we will see what the brings.

I am confused why you would know more the even the guys at the call center would, I mean are you someone special? Have friends in high places or what?

Pretty f'in sad the average folk may know more then the call center reps, AND you have access to the customer service manager.

Very piss poor system if you ask me, granted anyone could say anything on this forum and we would all believe it.

So I think I need to stop obsessing, actually we all do. Granted I would really like the 3 hours a day I spend in my car to be that much more special with a unit that has more bugs worked out. Just a nice thought,.

Truth of the matter is that Pioneer doesn't know WTF is going on over there. They fail to update their reps with the correct info.

I find it very funny they are spending time in test considering the state the unit was launched in. Do they even have a QA dept? From the launch, it sure as hell doesn't.

Perhaps they have been drinking the water from where they are located in Long Beach because this shit is sickening.

I e-mailed Pioneer support and this is their response.

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

We don not have the date when the next firmware update will be released. Keep checking our website and the notice will be posted.

Thank You,

Brandi

Customer Service Representative

I am confused why you would know more the even the guys at the call center would, I mean are you someone special? Have friends in high places or what?

Pretty f'in sad the average folk may know more then the call center reps, AND you have access to the customer service manager.

Very piss poor system if you ask me, granted anyone could say anything on this forum and we would all believe it.

So I think I need to stop obsessing, actually we all do. Granted I would really like the 3 hours a day I spend in my car to be that much more special with a unit that has more bugs worked out. Just a nice thought,.

Damn dude, mellow out. No need to criticize the members here just because Pioneer can't get their shit straightened out.

Has anybody said to them that like 20 people called, and every person got a different response? I think that should be addressed to them and then demand to speak with a supervisor since you don't know what to believe.