AVIC411.com

Version 2.0 is LIVE!

Just updated mine and found all my presents for XM and FM and AV settings all retained :) Also my background image was not reset.

The phone contacts are still there, but not accessible til after phone is added.

Took a quick look around and though I saw new options under XM > Func > Memo? I don't remember the Alert on/off or what appears to be the ability to select/deselected individual songs?

Also doesn't seem to have the continued slow response after the booting message disappears like before where it would take several minutes before performance was "normal"

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just updated mine and found all my presents for XM and FM and AV settings all retained :) Also my background image was not reset.

The phone contacts were wiped...

Took a quick look around and though I saw new options under XM > Func > Memo? I don't remember the Alert on/off or what appears to be the ability to select/deselected individual songs?

Also doesn't seem to have the continued slow response after the booting message disappears like before where it would take several minutes before performance was "normal"

Your XM or Sirius presets are saved in the actual XM box.

The system does load quicker and gets rid of that "System Starting Up" message.

IPOD

From the measurements I took, Ipod with VR cataloging turned off, the Ipod starting playing in around 25 sec. I have not tested the SD card yet because the 2.0 firmware was on there. The Ipod didn't disconnect one time while I was testing the new firmware but only time will tell on that too. Bluetooth connectivity after about a 80 seconds.

Navigation

Still doesn't tell you what side of the street the destination is on, but I would suspect that is a problem with the version of iGo. The system still give you a whole lot of direction too, I call it beating you up with directions. The system did reboot once while inputing in a point of intrest.

Hope this is not a problem. Again no heads up in 2 d mode.

Button response

Seems to be pretty responsive, only time will tell.

Screen Brightness

Can't really tell the difference but it is night time here in New Jersey.

Bluetooth

Contact are still duplicated however there is a the word "mobile" "home" indicating which number you are dialing. (nice)

Other than that I didn't have any problems with my HTC xv6800 phone. But I'm ridding in a 2007 Mercedes, so the ride is pretty quite. And I didn't have a issue after the first update.

Finial thoughts

Just to wrap this thing up I have a F90bt, 5th Gen IPod 80 GB, 12" Kicker L7 with a 1000 Watt MA audio mono block amp. 10 Farad Capacitor.

Wish List

1. Navi update so it tells you what side of the street your target is on.

2. A little less directions ( don't need an update every 50 ft, seriously)

3. Way to download radio setting to (SD Card, so you don't have to configure everything when you do a reset)

4. Diagnostic screen (like n3, where you can see signals, voltages, stats)

Thanks Pioneer for supporting your product.

night-at-the-roxbury-poster-0.jpg

Just did a 5 mile loop around my neighborhood with nav on to "Return Home", and FINALLY, once the unit tells you "You have arrived at your destination" it turns off the directions...... the fact I had to manually "delete route" before 2.0 was flat out frustrating!!

The system does load quicker and gets rid of that "System Starting Up" message.

Bluetooth

Contact are still duplicated however there is a the word "mobile" "home" indicating which number you are dialing. (nice)

Contact names remained unchanged for me and no additions of "mobile" "home" etc.. I also cleared the memory on the unit then transfered the phone book again, but no change... BTW I am AT&T w/ Motarola V3xx

I was really hoping this would be fixed

I'm sure no one has an answer for me but I figured I'd ask anyways:

For those who have bricked units that died without any hacking or anything, I know there were a few of us that had common problems where the unit would restart constantly, does this update revive our dead headunits?

Ok what a difference in start up time. (like mentioned above no more dumb system start up box)

I have not hooked up my I touch 2nd gen but it work flawless before (I will try that in a min).

Button and touch screen response also much better.

Screen brightness I used to run it @ 8 or 9, now it is set at 6. It is night time (i'll see what it looks like tomorrow in the daytime)

Blue boxes on map screen bye bye..... Very cool

BT Motorola Z3 connected perfect and phone book transfered no problem.

Ahh one more thing.. I was able to get a new MSN direct key and activate it for the free 3 months. I had to send my unit it for repair a few days after the install, my eject button was broke and I could not reactivate the unit when it came back the key was missing. So its up and running again :D

If I was ever thinking of the Kenwood 8120 before, I sure as hell am glad I went with this unit now!

Just did a 5 mile loop around my neighborhood

Do you happen to have an iPod connected? did it fail a connection?

Heh, funny story about that:

Since i had so many "drops" of iPod usage, I bought a 4 gig SD card months ago and have been using that exclusively for music...... i will for sure hook up my Nano or Classic or iPhone to test for USB drops..... it was the worst with the Classic....

Speaking of music off SD, i was hoping this update would continue a song upon powering back up, but it doesn't, still restarts the song that was last playing....

ah well, it's better than my old Jensen unit that would forget where it was all together

That's weird. My bootup time is definately better, but i still get the "system startup in progress" box

Is it there all of the time, or only once the UI pops up? It used to be there all of the time (which meant the bottom of the boot screen wasn't visible), on mine it doesn't show up until the UI loads (which makes sense, as it's telling you the system is still loading).