AVIC411.com

Version 2.0 is LIVE!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's weird. My bootup time is definately better, but i still get the "system startup in progress" box

I also get that box, but i can live with it for these sweet boot times.

My favorite part of the installation? I was able to listen to the FM radio while it was copying the files over. Sweet!

Ok I do see the system start up box only for a few seconds after the splash screen... I did change my fonts on the navi no problem, but when I put the Windows Vista theme by marmski back on, the the return button on the top right of the screen, pretty much in all of the menus, is a tad off now. There seems to be one and a half images of the button now... weird

Welp, they still havent fixed the text issue with the pre sets on HD Radio unit, but I can live with the improved performance and bootup times thumbs up.

I carry up to three cell phones at a time and I wish there was a way for the unit to automatically sync up to Cell phone B if I left cell Phone A at home, etc.

Is sombody having problems with the grey boxes (buttons) that hold the Func and EQ buttons on the ipod screen???? on mine it looks like they moved to the outside of the screen, also the "back" button it looks like that image moved. I was putting back the mods I had but used the "old" image.res file I had before the update (if the update modified the image.res to a new one is what I mean.) I didn't do a backup of the files after the update I used the old ones (I know, I know....) so if anyone would be so kind to upload the original Image.Res file of the new update so I can check that that is what caused the problem (hopefully). Thanks.

Another outstanding issue: VR still doesn't recognize contacts that have any special characters in the number. So if a contact's number has (800) 555-1212, you will not be able to voice dial that contact. It needs to be 8005551212. I know people have gotten around this by editing their contacts database with SQLite, but my contacts seem to refresh everytime the unit is powered on (which i like, that way new contacts show up automatically)

Is sombody having problems with the grey boxes (buttons) that hold the Func and EQ buttons on the ipod screen???? on mine it looks like they moved to the outside of the screen, also the "back" button it looks like that image moved. I was putting back the mods I had but used the "old" image.res file I had before the update (if the update modified the image.res to a new one is what I mean.) I didn't do a backup of the files after the update I used the old ones (I know, I know....) so if anyone would be so kind to upload the original Image.Res file of the new update so I can check that that is what caused the problem (hopefully). Thanks.

Yeah I had the same problem with the Vista theme. The buttons were all over to far and it made look like there was a button and a half button on the top right for me, I just copied the pioneer image.res file back. /no problems now...