AVIC411.com

Version 2.0 is LIVE!

Installed this on my 700bt last night. boot time is greatly increased, I would say the device is up and i can change the station in 15-20 seconds (I don't have an IPOD hooked up, I'm a Zune user). Bluetooth sound quality is greatly improved as well (using lg chocolate v2 on verizon wireless)

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I'm now on Pioneer's team - I, along with others, have talked trash about them for putting out the half-baked F series units, but at least they had the cojones to engineer up and do something about it! They obviously spent a lot of time researching and writing this 2.0 update and it shows - pretty much every complaint I had about the original version has been resolved. My contacts even sync over each time at boot up, just like a good Parrot-based Bluetooth system should! Kudos, Pioneer; you earned some major points with this latest update.

Do you happen to have an iPod connected? did it fail a connection?

I did the updates, firmware & bluetooth, last night on my F90. I didn't ride around or even mess with it after the updates.

Rolled out this morning and it dropped connectivity with my 5th gen 80gb twice and picked back up the connection then dropped it completely before I even got out my apartment complex. I unplugged it and plugged it back in....still no connection. I turned off the car and turned it back on and it worked. It did not drop the connection from that point until I arrived at school and found a parking spot so initially it sucked right now it is working.

I HATE this new style ipod cable; the last model was 100x more reliable and never dropped a connection. I still don't know if the cable is to blame or the unit, probably the unit though. I have another cable and already had my ipod replaced because I thought it was the ipod. The thing works sometimes and doesn't work other times.

After updating the 2.0 error and folowing the instructions perfectly, I went to the next step and got this error "Bluetooth software is not found. Please put it on SD/USB. Any ideas? I reformatted the SD card and loaded the update on it again, but no joy.

Same thing here, anyone else get this?

After reading of the improvements with 2.0, I am considering replacing my AVIC-D2. I have one question, a few pages back (around 5 or 6) one guy posted that after the update, this unit "still doesn't tell whether your destination i on the right or left". is this true? Seems like a simple thing after getting you across town for it NOT to say which side of the street your destination lies on. My D2 tells L/R (I think) nd my wife's GM navigation does too.

Thanks.

Contacts now have the word home, work, and mobile attached to them. Great!

Incoming calls from numbers in my contact list now have the name attached. Great!

me, "Call John Smith at home"

F700, "Please say the name or number to call"

me, "Call John Smith at home"

F700, "Calling 090"

Tried 10 different combination of contacts, etc. No go.

VR in IPOD mode works great.

Looks like they got rid of the voice recognition and vr catalog features in this update. I don't mind, it didn't work that great anyways.

Watch the video, they are indeed still part of the software

Interesting. It just doesn't work for me anymore. I'm clicking the same multifunction button. And the VR Catalog button is no longer to the right of the [Rear SP] button.

My first 900 had this issue out of the box. The Pioneer techs said they had never seen this issue. I returned it and they sent me a new one. I'd call Pioneer (though your success will depend on the tech guy you get).

Good Luck.

Our pioneer guy told us that if we have any strange issues like that (TTS not working, VR catalog not working), to re-download the update and then re-update with the fresh files. Seems sometimes if a file gets corrupted somehow during downloading, some strange things may happen. Give that a try.

After updating the 2.0 error and folowing the instructions perfectly, I went to the next step and got this error "Bluetooth software is not found. Please put it on SD/USB. Any ideas? I reformatted the SD card and loaded the update on it again, but no joy.

Same thing here, anyone else get this?

I had to create a folder on the top level of my SD card called "Bluetooth Update" and transfered the three files from the bluetooth update v3.3 folder into the "Bluetooth update" folder. I got the same error when I copied the bluetooth update v3.3 folder to my SD card. Once I transferred only the three files into the new folder, it worked like a charm.