AVIC411.com

AVIC-F Hardwire Bypass for Dummies

Ok i'm new to this, and have a question about the f900bt.

Is possible to put a on and off switch on the p-brake cable?

because in europe it's forbidden to drive and watch video or dvd.

So i was thinking to install a switch. if the Cops stop me i can turn dvd off.

i would like to do this too. anybody know? i would think after u take the black/yellow mute wire and green wire and connect them like the photo except instead of then running to the ground u run it to the "accessory on" on a switch and then run the ground on the switch to a ground? then what about the power for the switch?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

question:

do u have to move the mute wire? or can i just connect another wire into the second pin?

not sure but I know it would be easier moving the wire/pin. Unless you have a spare matching pin.

Thanks for the reply Brent... i went ahead and moved over the mute wire.. it was too easy and making a new wire with pin would've been harder lol...

Can this be done with the Avic F90bt. I dont want to fry the unit. Also i have a 2006 jeep commander where can i find the VSS wire to tab into.

Yes on the F90BT.

VSS:

"Speed Sense dk. green/brown ac PCM, black/green plug, pin 32

The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is under the hood on the passenger side fender."

This was posted for a 2006 Jeep Commander back in Feb here:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13164

Search is your friend. :)

Ok i'm new to this, and have a question about the f900bt.

Is possible to put a on and off switch on the p-brake cable?

because in europe it's forbidden to drive and watch video or dvd.

So i was thinking to install a switch. if the Cops stop me i can turn dvd off.

i would like to do this too. anybody know? i would think after u take the black/yellow mute wire and green wire and connect them like the photo except instead of then running to the ground u run it to the "accessory on" on a switch and then run the ground on the switch to a ground? then what about the power for the switch?

All I do is hit the "MAP" button and turn the volume down. Vid switches right over to map view and no one's the wiser...

Will the mute function work after this mod?

There seems to be some confusion about this.

The short answer is, yes, of course it will.

The longer answer is...

The "mute" wire that is being moved was provided as an external mute input to the radio/nav unit. Almost no one is going to have any use for that. Normally, external radio mutes are used by hands-free cell phone adapters to mute the radio while a call is in progress. That isn't needed here, because the hands-free adapter is built into the nav unit. As such, it will mute the radio without needing to use the external input. The only example use of the external mute input that I can come up with is if you have the factory rear parking radar. Some of those systems have a mute output to attach to the mute input of the nav unit, that would mute the audio while the rear radar is warning that something is too close.