AVIC411.com

Maverickster's Mods - UPDATED 12/9/08

Can anyone tell me how to make 'time-to-destination' show instead of 'time of arrival'?

I tried doing it in the UI (settings>nav settings>visual>etc), but it doesn't change anything...

I currently have all three boxes showing time-to-destination in the UI, and yet it's still MPH, Time-of-Arrival, and Distance-To-Destination (I think... it's however the mod has it)

Thanks in advance

bump

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, mcast25 , I got it to work perfectly; however, I have two questions for you. First of all, the home icon on the left of the screen is right on top of the scale icon. Did I copy the wrong text or wut lol? And secondly, things seem to be a bit laggy when im on the map screen doing things such as touching the buttons on the screen but its only laggy on the map screen.

Haha, mcast25 , I got it to work perfectly; however, I have two questions for you. First of all, the home icon on the left of the screen is right on top of the scale icon. Did I copy the wrong text or wut lol? And secondly, things seem to be a bit laggy when im on the map screen doing things such as touching the buttons on the screen but its only laggy on the map screen.

As you can see from my screenshot, the map scale icon does not appear at all. This comes from Mav's SPEEDO/ALTIMETER/ROUTE INFO MOD. I honestly can't tell you why it's still showing on yours. As far as the sluggish response from the map screen goes, I'd have to agree with you. I have noticed that it's a slightly slower. Not enough to be a factor for me. Maybe someone else can help with the response time.

Can anyone tell me how to make 'time-to-destination' show instead of 'time of arrival'?

I tried doing it in the UI (settings>nav settings>visual>etc), but it doesn't change anything...

I currently have all three boxes showing time-to-destination in the UI, and yet it's still MPH, Time-of-Arrival, and Distance-To-Destination (I think... it's however the mod has it)

Thanks in advance

bump

...Really....no one can tell me how to fix this??

Seems like it would be pretty basic...

Wow, thank you so much for doing this! This was something i've been waiting for 6 months for Pioneer to do! Pretty f'in sad if you ask me Pioneer couldn't have figured this out and added this in the 2.0 update.

Things like on screen voice mute, on screen route cancellation, more readable time to destination and clock.

Owell, like someone's quote here says, screw you pioneer, ill do it myself, or rather do it with the help of those smart fellows on here.

Once again thank you! Now to just get the ipod art covering up the route cancel button. Guess I have to add that fix I saw a few posts back.

I can't get over how amateurish and clueless pioneer looks right now, I mean I jsut don't get it, magellan has these, I would of thought it would be standard? Is it copyrighted or something? I mean wtf?

Anyway, hoorah!

Nice! Just what I was looking for! How pathetic of PIONEER! WOW! This is awesome!

Anyway, does anyone have these files edited that they can upload? Or does the code need to be edited individually?

I say this because I'm trying to edit the files, but it's a bit more complicated than I thought.

I thought I could use someone else's files as a template...

Nice! Just what I was looking for! How pathetic of PIONEER! WOW! This is awesome!

Anyway, does anyone have these files edited that they can upload? Or does the code need to be edited individually?

I say this because I'm trying to edit the files, but it's a bit more complicated than I thought.

I thought I could use someone else's files as a template...

Mav posted his data.zip in the first post of the thread (right above where the pics start).

And I'd like to personally throw out my opinion on something...

Pioneer programmers don't suck.. Their opinion of how to lay out the user interface is just different. I guarantee they know how to make all of Mav's mods, but they actually preferred it the way they made it.

Now I think all of Mav's mods are fantastic, but I could see how a programmer could see it as cluttered (too many buttons on one screen).

It's all preference.

Now when we start seeing forum posters fixing all the bugs not helped by 2.0 and decreasing boot time to 5 seconds - I'll agree that the Pioneer programmers suck.

Just my 2 cents - unnecessary people bashing is...well...unnecessary

I've been quietly reading all of these threads for the past week, making a sweet "hybrid" navigation UI using Maverick's & Keeper's mods (GREAT job btw guys!).

Rather than having a POI button, I'd prefer a button that launches back to the Destination screen from the Top Menu.... this way I can choose a Favorite, POI, Home, etc.

I've created the button, but after hours of digging through .ui files I still can't find how to execute it to the menu I want.

Any ideas?

(Feel free to use this button, or make it better. I'm self-taught in Photoshop so I don't know all the tricks!)

EDIT: Added the attachment and code

;***Stop Nav Button

post-26862-12872756699987_thumb.jpg

Hi guys,

I'm new to this site, new to being the owner of a F500BT, and relatively new to computing. Although not a complete tit I must admit I need your advice on how to perform several things:

1- how to make a backup copy of pre-installed files/folders on my F500 to SDcard

2- the exact way to install and copy Mavericksters DATAzip, both from pc to SDcard and then from SDcard to F500

I think I've copied it correctly to SDcard, but once I get into Windows on the F500 I must admit I'm not having much luck (I'm lost tbh) :oops:

And although I've done lots of searching I'm still none the wiser! So any help would be much appreciated - after all, we all gotta start somewhere, and if you dont ask....... etc...

Cheers,

Mark

Hey Maverick-

Are the speed cam scripts loaded into your DATA.ZIP file? I am thinking about doing that but I don't want to overwrite your tweaks. :)

Can I just add the camera location data and be ready to rock? I am looking in your data.zip and see some speedcam*.bmp files.

EDIT: Cancel this! I see where you posted that the speed cams are complimentary to this. I added them in pretty easily. I just have to see how to easily add in a cam when needed. I think the add POI button has been removed with your mods. Not a huge problem since this should not happen all that often. ;)

Thanks again for sharing your data file with all of us.