AVIC411.com

AVIC F Series Knob Replacements

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thomashohl, just wondering if you or anyone else tried this knob driving down ruff roads or roads with washboard ? The reason I ask, is that I'm wondering if the added weight would make the knob operate on it's own in these conditions? Given where I live and some of the roads here, I'd like to know if there's any issues with this prior to ordering one from you. Thanks

thomashohl, just wondering if you or anyone else tried this knob driving down ruff roads or roads with washboard ? The reason I ask, is that I'm wondering if the added weight would make the knob operate on it's own in these conditions? Given where I live and some of the roads here, I'd like to know if there's any issues with this prior to ordering one from you. Thanks

It's not THAT heavy. It just feels slightly better than the cheap plastic one. I have had mine on for almost a month and it doesn't make anything work any different that the stock one.

Really bumpy roads? I don't know I haven't tried it... But I seriously doubt it would make the unit change stations. Might be a cool way to impress your girlfriend though... Her knobs bouncing, your knobs bouncing, well you get the point :shock:

Might be a cool way to impress your girlfriend though... Her knobs bouncing, your knobs bouncing, well you get the point :shock:

Just don't compare them or you'll be sleeping in your shop too :lol:

Thomas, got another one here interested in a black one. I know you said they won't be for another month or so, but any idea how much extra a colored one will be?

Might be a cool way to impress your girlfriend though... Her knobs bouncing, your knobs bouncing, well you get the point :shock:

Just don't compare them or you'll be sleeping in your shop too :lol:

Thomas, got another one here interested in a black one. I know you said they won't be for another month or so, but any idea how much extra a colored one will be?

I'm going to make a few colors and put them up here for all to see. I will probably make them look really sexy so they will be pretty pricey ($30.00 or more) but they will be interchangable so that you could change colors if you wanted. Alot of people seem interested in Black as well. I just can't work on these for a month or so. Just too busy.

Thanks for the interest,

Tom

Got mine - the o-ring one - Looks GREAT! Perfect choice for the o-ring location, too (offset toward the front).

Before I mount it, though, I'm going to mount it on my (wood) lathe and do a high polish job. Then again, maybe not - gotta stare it for a while...

I didn't realize this was an "overlay" and fit *around* the existing knob. Now I understand the #40/41 drill bit (non-) issue.

For those of you concerned about the price increase, it is still worth it.

Thanks, Thomas! :D

Got mine - the o-ring one - Looks GREAT! Perfect choice for the o-ring location, too (offset toward the front).

Before I mount it, though, I'm going to mount it on my (wood) lathe and do a high polish job. Then again, maybe not - gotta stare it for a while...

I didn't realize this was an "overlay" and fit *around* the existing knob. Now I understand the #40/41 drill bit (non-) issue.

For those of you concerned about the price increase, it is still worth it.

Thanks, Thomas! :D

The reason I did it that way was so it wouldn't have a set screw, which would look like crap. At least that's what I thought.