AVIC411.com

AVIC F Series Knob Replacements

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys are too funny!

I'm installing this new head unit on my wife truck for x-mass would like to have the knob at the same time. when we previously looked at them in the store she said she didn't like it because of the small knob, so this will work out great.

Sorry if you think I'm asking to much and welcome to the retail world.

Merry Christmas,

Brent

You should have said something. I'll fed ex tomorrow for sure. Thanks again. Tom

I have a family member who owns a machine shop... Not the run of the mill machine shop, but one that manufacturers aero-space parts and medical appliances.

He said that as simple as a knob MAY SEEM, he would not consider doing these for less than $30 a piece with a minimum order of 100.

I dont particularly mind the skimpy little knob, But I am going to order one and send a few extra dollars because this guy has been VERY gracious in his offer!

wow he really puts the MAD in MADFLAVA; complains about thomas's 6 days on the boards when he barely has 30

get that guy a box of fucking tissue

edit: thomas, did you ever get any anodized stainless (specifically black)? whats the cost for a machined black one; no o-ring machining needed.

wow he really puts the MAD in MADFLAVA; complains about thomas's 6 days on the boards when he barely has 30

edit: thomas, did you ever get any anodized stainless (specifically black)? whats the cost for a machined black one; no o-ring machining needed.

No colors yet. I might make some in colors but it will be a while (a month or two) so don't get to excited yet. I'm still trying to catch my breath.

Thanks Terron,

You should have seen the nasty emails he wrote me (very arrogant). What an ass. I don't need his money. He would probably complain when he got his that it didn't change the station for him. Oh well can't please everyone.

How much for a square knob with a liquid filled center and a googlephonic finish?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Seriously, I applaud Tom for doing this for folks. I just got my 90 installed today so I am going to try the stock knob for a few days before I decide whether to take Tom up on his offer. It's good folks like Tom that draw me to this forum, and quite honestly played a role in my choice to go with a Pioneer head unit.

Thomas: Did you investigate the possibility of using #40 or #41 drill bits I emailed you about? Any more news on the tight fit?

BTW, I say THANKS, too! Just ignore that cretin.

I can make the entire knob, but it would be more time and money and you would also have a set screw which would not look very good IMHO

Tom