AVIC411.com

2007.07 maps?

Do I have this correct?

Backup Ezrider from APL2\igo and then put the new ezrider in it's place.

Place a new license in APL2\igo\license folder.

Copy the new files to APL2\igo\content\ folders.

Besides ezrider.exe, are there any other files that need to be backed up before I transfer the 2008.4 files? Are the map, poi and building files named different so that they don't replace the stock files?

How do I turn on buildings for the 700bt?

Edit/Update

I was able get the update to work. I only added one state to test it out, but I was able to check the map file and it is now 2008.4. No idea if it's any different. The streets I was hoping they added weren't.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the 2008.04 maps working. And they did have some new areas in Manteca, CA near my parents that the stock maps didn't have. Still need to get the Buildings working. And I'll test how TTS works with them. I normally dont use TTS. I like one of the non TTS male voices for nav.

10ole1d.jpg

Anyone else having a problem with the 2008.04 maps not being TTS friendly?

Like they will have a highway listed as (I) (Highway) 279 Northbound, and it will only say, "Take ramp towards I"

Yeah, that what you get using maps not encoded for our version of software...

What I noticed driving today... If the street is encoded as, say, I 90 Westbound, it will pronounce it correctly. A different entrance, (I) 94 Westbount, it only says "I".

When driving back... if a street name is encoded as just a name, with no modifiers, it says it fine. Going further, it does first announcement to turn to (State) (Hwy) Irving Park Rd. Only State is pronounced. On the second announcement it it tells to turn to Irving Park Rd (19) and everything is pronounced correctly.

I guess these 2008.4 maps aren't encoded for our version of TTS engine.Not too much of an issue for me to obsess about, and I am sure if/when Pioneer releases official updated maps, they will be more speech-friendly.

• 2 weeks later...

It's funny I installed the 2008.4 USA Maps, I agree on the TTS issues. My Samantha TTS cannot pronounce the number 3. It sounds like Tres instead of three. I also got an error when I was trying to program my home location after a reset with the new maps, and I got a Windows CE Error that popped up for the IGO but it went away and I havent seen it since, dunno what that was about. I noticed on the new maps that there are 2 streets in my routes that it tells me to go down, 1 isnt there anymore and the second doesnt connect to the street that I am on and is like back a like 100 feet and tells me to go down it again I cant. Is there a website to report map errors to hopefully get revised in next release of maps? Also does anyone know how to fix the TTS issue?

It's funny I installed the 2008.4 USA Maps, I agree on the TTS issues. My Samantha TTS cannot pronounce the number 3. It sounds like Tres instead of three. I also got an error when I was trying to program my home location after a reset with the new maps, and I got a Windows CE Error that popped up for the IGO but it went away and I havent seen it since, dunno what that was about. I noticed on the new maps that there are 2 streets in my routes that it tells me to go down, 1 isnt there anymore and the second doesnt connect to the street that I am on and is like back a like 100 feet and tells me to go down it again I cant. Is there a website to report map errors to hopefully get revised in next release of maps? Also does anyone know how to fix the TTS issue?

http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com/mapfeedback/index.php

Some TTS issues can be fixed by opening Samantha's configuration ZIP file and messing with command strings...

I am also having difficulties with the POI files. After replacing the maps and POIs, I have no poi files despite the fact that I have copied them into the corresponding folder. I've noticed a couple of posts in this thread where other users are having the same difficulties. Does anyone have any insight as to why this is happening? Does a database need to be rebuilt? That's about the only thing I can think of.