AVIC411.com

IDT v4.2 on p46, last for 2.0

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my newest mods completed now.

ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us/

cmh928 folder. Read the readme and DL the data.zip or all-in-one file.

GTIMatt's speedcam voices and IDT's new graphics are integrated.

Let me know what you think of the compass and time location and size. they are both buttons, so I wanted them large enough to click easily. Pushing Time shows house numbers and compass shows road list. SpeedcamVoice files are inside the data.zip so no need to copy files to the audio folder.

The small triangle in the lower left corner now shows MSN traffic alerts.

Colorscheme is MonopolyNight

ENJOY![attachment=1]new.no-route.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]new.route.jpg[/attachment]

I have my newest mods completed now.

ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us/

cmh928 folder. Read the readme and DL the data.zip or all-in-one file.

GTIMatt's speedcam voices and IDT's new graphics are integrated.

Let me know what you think of the compass and time location and size. they are both buttons, so I wanted them large enough to click easily. Pushing Time shows house numbers and compass shows road list. SpeedcamVoice files are inside the data.zip so no need to copy files to the audio folder.

The small triangle in the lower left corner now shows MSN traffic alerts.

looking good, one thing i would suggest is making the text in the speedcam warning box more visible,

how's the speedcam voice going? still not sure if i want to use it as the quality of the voice file is not the best, are you having any issues with it?

I tried to be newbie friendly since the board can be a hostile place for the un-initiated. I also made sure to put in any files that aren't needed by my mod, but are by some other updates. I was surprised the 1st time my unit locked up just from applying a color scheme for the lack of 2 tiny files. I also put in the parking brake hack since it's easier to copy an entire data.zip over than to hack an existing one and reload it onto the unit.

I marked the 2 harder mods as optional in the readme just to avoid people bricking their units by digging too deep.

As always, your feedback is welcome. Send me some ideas. :-)

i finally completed my new mod. Thanks to illdietrying, Maverickster, BorisM, GTIMatt, Keeper22, cmh928. This forum is great, it helped me do all of this and I have never done this before. Anyway here are some pics. I am going to try to post it later.

Hmm, I want the Speed Limit Mod, but prefer IDT's "digital" compass...decisions, decisions...

you can have both just add IDT's compass code over mine in the navigate 800_480 ui file. I will try and see if i can inject it into my file and post it for you later.

As I suspected, when I copied IDT's compass code and two required .bmps over to yours, there was a conflict between his compass and your time (both occupy the upper right corner). If you can talk me through moving the position in code, I can give it a shot.

SPE999

anyone else having problem with the V2 loading slow?

if yes, are you adjusting the alloted memory?

Will adjusting this improve the speed? It does seem to bog down more often than before.

i think it works for me, try it out and let me know if you notice any difference

DAmn!

You beat me to it!

I had already changed the clock to a click button but mine starts datalogging and changes color (Taken from GTI_Matts) from green to red when logging/not-logging.

I just changed the location, font size/type and colors. The house numbers show/hide from clicking the current street bar. The MSN traffic shows up from a click of the road screen icon in the LH corner. I also made the route navigation boxes toggle-able when under way..another of Matts mods I integrated into this particular mod. I changed the barking dog to a doorbell if you want to enable the sounds but don't want that annoying dog!

I upped the variable volume of the spoken camera warnings a tad more so I can hear them when I am bumping my music. I added 5MPH increments to the speedcam selector slider too. A few more tweaks but this is pretty much the way I like it now.

Oh, yea,..I changed the fonts and the colors of the current/posted speed and GPS elevation.

I'll snap some pics but am still waiting for Matt's adjustable speedcam volume bar :)

As I suspected, when I copied IDT's compass code and two required .bmps over to yours, there was a conflict between his compass and your time (both occupy the upper right corner). If you can talk me through moving the position in code, I can give it a shot.

SPE999

Here are a couple of tips I got from IDT and cmh928 for moving icons and positions.

the x corresponds to horizontal position and the y is the vertical position, changing the values will change the positions, if you want to move icons/buttons around you have to know what the icon name is, look in your 800_480 and common folders and you'll find pretty much all bmp's that you are using, for example, go to your 800_480 folder and look for the poi icon, once you see the icon copy the name and search your navigate_800_480.ui for it and there you'll see the x & y and experiment on it.

Be aware that you can change x values all you want, but several of the buttons will not move or will "ghost" if you change their y values. This is due to them being referenced in navigatemap.ui under the common folder. If you change y values in the 800_480\ui ones, be sure to update the "pos. y" values in the common\ui folder. The same goes for deleting buttons or commenting them out. Make sure to make updates to both files.

how's the speedcam voice going? still not sure if i want to use it as the quality of the voice file is not the best, are you having any issues with it?

the speedcam voices work pretty good. not having any issues with them, they even work when i am in route. love then new speedcam graphics and I used your settings for the location of the warning and your text. It looks much better than before. Great job.

here is the link to my mod in case anyone is interested. ftp://buckeyecollision.us/GNasr74

Password and username?

try the link now it seems to be working. if not pm me and i will send you the info

your screen shot of the speedcam in the ftp site shows the speed limit working, however, it does not work on my deck. Is it not on this data? Also I have a question on your sirius label, I have xm and it does not show the song playing, only the channel name when in nav mode, how did you get the song to show?