AVIC411.com

Z1 - $1,114.00 New

Has anyone been bold enough to buy from these guys? They have an amazing price and supposedly on brand new products.

[url=http://froogle.google.com/froogle_cluster?q=pioneer+avic+z1&hl=en&btnG=Search+Froogle&lmode=online&oid=633718354025961061]http://froogle.google.com/froogle_clust ... 4025961061[/url]

I'm wondering if my credit card company would protect me if this ended up being a scam.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call you CC company and find out specifically if they will protect you.

If they will, great! Go buy it and and be sure to tell us if it is new and not a scam.

If it is a scam, then you have your CC company to fall back on. Just make sure you don't miss the deadline to file for the chargeback.
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to check with the CC company just to make sure.
I also sent the seller an email and asked them to confirm that it is a brand new product, undamaged, unopened box and to also fully explain their return policy in case the product is damaged in shipment.

I noticed that they're running through Google Checkout which I've never used before. Says on the Google site that they will protect me from fraudulent charges. Perhaps that would be an extra little layer of protection.

I was also planning to use the temporary credit card numbers that my CC web site is able to issue so I'm not all that worried about giving out the card number anyway. I think my main concern is either not getting the product or it is damaged or non-functional.

If I do decide to go with these guys and it works out, I'll let everyone know.
[quote name="jmoney715"]looks pretty fishy to me. by the looks of their website and lack of a contact number, id stay away.[/quote]

I disagree.

If they really wanted to scam people, they could just go on eBay. Scammers don't take the time to make a nice presentable website like this place has. It actually pretty legit to me.

Everything you've said regarding protection soulds like a good idea. The temp CC #s is also good; never thought of doing that before. Check out Google's protection level. I know PayPal offers $1000 if the seller meets certain criteria.
Their reply:

Hi,

Yes all of our products are brand new, unopened and we never sell any refurbished or returned items. I really can't tell you why we don't have a rating. If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thank You.

(Hmmm. I don't know what to think)
Here's the reply I received...

Hi Richard,

I completely understand, what we do is we buy from companies that are closing (Car Audio stores, catalog companies, etc...), we also buy from companies that may have a lot of dead stock and need some working capital, etc.. It is a great offer but after our halloween specials they will be going up higher than the 1214.00 original price. Our pricing ALWAYS depends on what we buy the products for and we always make sure we are lower than everyone else (we make less than everyone else also) we enjoy having a great customer base and strive in keeping each and everyone of our customers satisfied and want them to continue shopping with us. We also do a lot of wholesale orders for Ebay sellers, internet sellers, etc.. so we have to have rock bottom prices. YES all of our items are unopened, not damaged and no returns. We do offer a money back guarantee for 7 days after you receive the item, for any reason we don't ask questions as long as the product is in its original packaging and has not been opened. We also guarantee none of our items are dead on arrival (if you receive the unit and it does not work) we will send out another one to you asap and also pay for you to send us the defective unit back. Well I hope I have answered all of your quetions and eased your mind a bit. If you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to contact us, and we hope to be serving you soon.

Thank You.

Richard wrote:
I’m interested in your Pioneer Avic Z1 that you posted up. This is several hundred lower than any other online vendor that I’ve seen. That makes me a little hesitant to order though.
This is for the product listed and is completely new, undamaged, and unopened box? If the product is damaged, how long do I have to return the product and will I be able to have it replaced?

I sincerely appreciate your time and your response. I would like to be able to take you up on this great deal, so I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks.
I just ordered one - yikes!!! I guess I'll put my faith in Google and Electronic Treasures. The site said there was only 7 units in stock, so you guys might not want to wait until my unit comes in to know how it makes out. I will post something as soon as it does come in.

BTW, I noticed on some of the harddrive posts that I should Ghost my drive before booting up if I want to use a clone. Is that still correct?
I did a domain name search and it appears that the domain was just registered on 09/02/2006. How long have they been in business?

I also did a google search on the PO box listed in the domain information and find a lot of them dealing in electronics and it turned out to be scamers on almost every link I clicked on.
Be carefull man...

[quote] Domain Name.......... electronictreasures.com
Creation Date........ 2006-09-02
Registration Date.... 2006-09-02
Expiry Date.......... 2007-09-02
Organisation Name.... will lewis
Organisation Address. P O Box 99800
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. EmeryVille
Organisation Address. 94662
Organisation Address. CA
Organisation Address. US

Admin Name........... PrivateRegContact Admin
Admin Address........ P O Box 99800
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ EmeryVille
Admin Address........ 94662
Admin Address........ CA
Admin Address........ US
Admin Email.......... contact@myprivateregistration.com
Admin Phone.......... +1.5105952002
Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ PrivateRegContact TECH
Tech Address......... P O Box 99800
Tech Address.........
Tech Address......... EmeryVille
Tech Address......... 94662
Tech Address......... CA
Tech Address......... US
Tech Email........... contact@myprivateregistration.com
Tech Phone........... +1.5105952002
Tech Fax.............
Name Server.......... yns1.yahoo.com
Name Server.......... yns2.yahoo.com

Current Registrar: MELBOURNE IT, LTD. D/B/A INTERNET NAMES WORLDWIDE
IP Address: 68.142.212.127 (ARIN & RIPE IP search)
IP Location: US(UNITED STATES)-CALIFORNIA-SUNNYVALE
Lock Status: REGISTRAR-LOCK
DMOZ no listings
Y! Directory: see listings
Web Site Title: Home
Data as of: 14-Jun-2005
[/quote]
uhh yeah, ok right. manufactures warranty from some shop they dont know of? Pioneer sure as hell aint warranting anything like that. I am not to far from the city address listed in the domain search above. And, just how many shops you think are closing AND have z1's? in addition, why would pioneer have a HALLOWEEN sale? cuz they dont. would like to know how this turns out though.
The address in the domain registration doesn't really mean much, found this about another registration with the same PO box:

"The Emeryville address is revealing: It shows that the domain was
registered through an anoymizing service offered by Yahoo under the
name "Yahoo! Private Domain Registration". Only registrations done
through that service have that P.O. Box address. It is a fact that
reputable companies have no reason to conceal their identities and
actual locations. Only the owner's name remains unchanged, but nothing
is easier than to register a domain with a fake name. Only fraudsters
have reason to hide behind a such mask, because they don't want to be
tracked by their victims."

That said, it could still be a legit business that just happened to use Yahoo private registration.

I hope so, because the deals seem to be too good to be true. No warranty is an issue, but seems to be with most internet sellers anyway.

Good luck Paul, I look forward to hearing good news soon.

p.s. It appears that Google doesn't protect you from online scammers, only from "non-authorized transactions".
[quote name="PaulWatkins"]The site said there was only 7 units in stock, so you guys might not want to wait until my unit comes in to know how it makes out. [/quote]

Paul:

Where do you see inventory on the site? I'm curious if the number decreased after your purchase. I can't find anything that indicates how many of anything in stock.