AVIC411.com

GTIMatt's Mods

Matt

Thanks. I will try updating the maps. I will have to move back from firmware 2.005000 as I understand this has a different Ezrider that has not been hacked. Are you using 2.001000 or 1.900000?

Apparently 2.005 has also been patched recently. I'll ask the author if I can repost it here.

BorisM

That would be great. Not suprisingly, rolling back firmware does not seem to be something that any has done. A cracked ezrider for 2.005000 would be brilliant.

Thanks for trying.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After a few requests I have posted my data.zip file for anyone who wants to try it out. I've put a couple of screenshots below to show how it looks when a route is present and when it's not.   [atta

Whats the problem with the 2.005 update and the old ezrider.exe?? As mentioned in another post. I have no problems with the old one. Everything works fine.

2.005 firmware contains changed EZRider to fix a TMC bug in Germany.

Whats the problem with the 2.005 update and the old ezrider.exe?? As mentioned in another post. I have no problems with the old one. Everything works fine.

2.005 firmware contains changed EZRider to fix a TMC bug in Germany.

BorisM and wackid

Puting these two ideas together: I read wackid as saying that 2.005 works with the old ezrider; and BorisM says that ezrider was changed for 2.005 in order to fix the TMC bug in Germany.

Therefore, as I am in the UK and don't want / need the German TMC, it may be that if you use the old ezrider with 2.005, you can get to use the updated maps but the TMC won't work.

It must be worth a try. I guess the worst that can happen is either it does not work or that the other TMC code left in the firmware causes other instabilities. I'm off to try.

A proper cracked new ezrider would still be good....

Puting these two ideas together: I read wackid as saying that 2.005 works with the old ezrider; and BorisM says that ezrider was changed for 2.005 in order to fix the TMC bug in Germany.

Therefore, as I am in the UK and don't want / need the German TMC, it may be that if you use the old ezrider with 2.005, you can get to use the updated maps but the TMC won't work.

It must be worth a try. I guess the worst that can happen is either it does not work or that the other TMC code left in the firmware causes other instabilities. I'm off to try.

A proper cracked new ezrider would still be good....

I don't think 2.005 changed much more than EZRider itself, so if you load the old patched one in, you've pretty much rolled back the update.

In any case, I've posted a link to a patched 2.005 version of EZRider...

GTI,

i've redone my my speedcam settings and removed some stuff, the spoken warning has an on/off option instead of the having the custom in the audible warning and proper spoken anouncement will be called depending on the regional unit settings, the one thing i can't figure out is the setting of the spoken warning volume, could you tell me what i have to look for, been busy the last few days redoing the speedcam settings and a little help would be appreciated

I don't think 2.005 changed much more than EZRider itself, so if you load the old patched one in, you've pretty much rolled back the update.

In any case, I've posted a link to a patched 2.005 version of EZRider...

BorisM - thanks for the file (info for others: search for "ezrider 2.005" for link)

wicked - it seemed to work as you said so thanks as well (didn't have time to drive to Germany to test TMC....)

First off, along with the others I'd like to thank you for the excellent work - it is much appreciated. I wonder if you could help with a couple of questions. I've scanned through all 20 pages, but can't seem to find the answers:

Which sound file is used for the over-speed warning beeps? I'd like to substitute a louder .wav file.

Can I increase the volume of the spoken warnings? ie, is there a value for the maximum I can set for the volume slider?

TIA

Richard

Matt

I was wondering if the following are possible or not?

1. Stop the speed camera warning muting the audio source until you have driven past it, maybe just have it beep every 50 yds or so?

2. Decrease the notification distance to no more than 300yds, seems to be around 600 at the moment.

3. Be able to tap the speed camera button and stop it from alerting (some cams are deactivated).

4. Add an option to the TMC to only show on the list those events which are active on your route (when a route has been activated of course).

5. Shortcut button on map screen to the phone contacts list.

6. Display on the map screen the phone signal and battery level icons.

Obviously a big ask but hey, you dont ask, you dont get. So far loving your mod though, huge improvement over stock.

Thanks

Andy

First off, along with the others I'd like to thank you for the excellent work - it is much appreciated. I wonder if you could help with a couple of questions. I've scanned through all 20 pages, but can't seem to find the answers:

Which sound file is used for the over-speed warning beeps? I'd like to substitute a louder .wav file.

Can I increase the volume of the spoken warnings? ie, is there a value for the maximum I can set for the volume slider?

TIA

Richard

the overspeed warning is !alert5

Matt

I was wondering if the following are possible or not?

1. Stop the speed camera warning muting the audio source until you have driven past it, maybe just have it beep every 50 yds or so?

2. Decrease the notification distance to no more than 300yds, seems to be around 600 at the moment.

3. Be able to tap the speed camera button and stop it from alerting (some cams are deactivated).

4. Add an option to the TMC to only show on the list those events which are active on your route (when a route has been activated of course).

5. Shortcut button on map screen to the phone contacts list.

6. Display on the map screen the phone signal and battery level icons.

Obviously a big ask but hey, you dont ask, you dont get. So far loving your mod though, huge improvement over stock.

Thanks

Andy

3)posssible,

5)not possible

6)not possible

TIA

Richard

Strange. !alert5.wav in Matt's data.zip is the original dog barking, but the overspeed warning is a beep.

TIA

Richard

Strange. !alert5.wav in Matt's data.zip is the original dog barking, but the overspeed warning is a beep.

then !alert3

GTI,

i've redone my my speedcam settings and removed some stuff, the spoken warning has an on/off option instead of the having the custom in the audible warning and proper spoken anouncement will be called depending on the regional unit settings, the one thing i can't figure out is the setting of the spoken warning volume, could you tell me what i have to look for, been busy the last few days redoing the speedcam settings and a little help would be appreciated

so anything?

GTI,

so anything?

I haven't changed much here from the original mod posted by Boris. What I have done is add the slider to the settings screen which sets the variable vSpeedcamAlertVolume. This variable is then used in script sc_SetSpeedcamSoundVolume in speedcam.ui to set the sound level. Previously the variable was originally set to 32 in model_variables.ui and could not be changed without editing the ui file.

Hope this helps.