AVIC411.com

GTIMatt's Mods

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After a few requests I have posted my data.zip file for anyone who wants to try it out. I've put a couple of screenshots below to show how it looks when a route is present and when it's not.   [atta

I run with smartzoom on all the time, so I never noticed it either. I'll try turning it off tomorrow and see if I can replicate the issue.

Well let me know if you manage it. I have just turned smartzoom off and mucked about with the tilt settings and smartzoom never turned back on. If anyone is having this problem then can you let me know exactly what you are pressing in case I missed somthing but I've looked at the code too and can't see any reason why this would affect the smartzoom setting.

Maybe a newbie question, but how do I need to copy the mod to the flashdisk?

When I copy them into the specified folder, nothing happens on my F900.

So what I am basically looking for is a bit more detailed installation guide. Let's say I downloaded the mod, formatted my flashdisk. What should I need to do then exactly?

Maybe a newbie question, but how do I need to copy the mod to the flashdisk?

When I copy them into the specified folder, nothing happens on my F900.

So what I am basically looking for is a bit more detailed installation guide. Let's say I downloaded the mod, formatted my flashdisk. What should I need to do then exactly?

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=127139#p127139

First of all let me say thank you for all of your work on these mods. With that said I was wanting to know if anyone else has experianced this? When routing a a location with a specific street address such as 1942 Lewis Street,

when I get to the location it will show at the top a random adress at that street such as 1900 Lewis Street.

This will only happen if I select adresses in the history and route from there. I just want to know is this something

only I am experiencing.

Hi all--I'm new at this so please bear with me...

First off: hats off to all of you modders; this is teriffic stuff and us regular users are extremely grateful!!! That having been said, I already need some help, please.

I did install cmh928's "newbie-eze" mod without a problem 2 days ago. It works great and is very nice. Thanks for all that work!

Still, as everyone here, I was also curious about GTIMatt's. And, so --just now-- I installed his latest by following his instructions. It was only a partial success, in the sense that the unit works but most of his buttons and boxes aren't there... I sort of think that I have now a mixture of both mods in there, but the crucial elements (buttons, options, etc) are missing... Does that make sense?

Therefore let me ask something really basic: when switching from one mod to the other, does one have to go back to the original Pioneer data.zip file first, restore that, and then install the new mod? Or can one mod be installed right over the other? If it is the latter, something went wrong with my install...

Any help and explanation would be appreciated.

It looks like if you restored the /APL/iGo folder on your avic with the one on your backup and then installed GTIMatts mod it should work without glitches. It'll keep the icon theme and sound changes, too, although you'll have to do the software bypass yourself.

edit:

To clarify a little bit: if two mods change the exact same files, or if they change completely different files, you're fine. Anything else, and you should restore first.

Hi Matt,

first of all thanks a lot for you work and for sharing it!

After one month of reading through this forum I installed my first MOD: yours, it worked perfectly on my F900bt european.

Just one question, actually 2:

1. is it normal that the altimeter (set in meters) is showing not progressive increasing or decreasing altitude but it’s jumping from 50 to 100 meters. Example 1750 meters shown, then instead og going to 1751 and so on it stays on 1750 and then jumps to 1800.

2. second question: I installed your previous version, without the zoom tilting option, which I'm going to love, but now if I want to upgrade to your new one should I restore the original first or should I copy your new MOD over the previous one? I'm a little confused from the previous posts!

thanks again, you rock big time!!!!

Hi Matt,

After one month of reading through this forum I installed my first MOD: yours, it worked perfectly on my F900bt european.

1. is it normal that the altimeter (set in meters) is showing not progressive increasing or decreasing altitude but it’s jumping from 50 to 100 meters. Example 1750 meters shown, then instead og going to 1751 and so on it stays on 1750 and then jumps to 1800.

2. second question: I installed your previous version, without the zoom tilting option, which I'm going to love, but now if I want to upgrade to your new one should I restore the original first or should I copy your new MOD over the previous one? I'm a little confused from the previous posts!

1. The altimeter data comes from the map data, all I am displaying is what is stored within the map so I guess this is down to the data on the map. I use ft and it may not go down to the exact foot (I'm not 100%) but is certainly down to 10ft.

2. Just copy the new data.zip over your old one and it should be fine (that's all I do every time I install a new version).

thanks,

I'll do what you said for the data.zip, but about the altimeter the strange thing is that on the gps view, I mean when you click on the gps icon and you see the satellite connected, the altimeter is changing meter by meter, or foot by foot (almost) but in the navigation view only every 50-100 meter is updating.

Hi Matt,

1. The altimeter data comes from the map data, all I am displaying is what is stored within the map so I guess this is down to the data on the map. I use ft and it may not go down to the exact foot (I'm not 100%) but is certainly down to 10ft.

2. Just copy the new data.zip over your old one and it should be fine (that's all I do every time I install a new version).

Hmmm... technically, altitude data should be coming from GPS, not from the map...

Indeed, altitude is derived from GPS data and can vary a few hundred feet even while sitting still. I know mine reads to the foot, i.e., 951 feet. It's possible that when set to metric, the avic does some rounding. Unless you are using the avic in an airplane, I don't think 50 meters either way is going to kill you. :-)

It's not a big deal at all, however, I was wondering technically what's happening! If it's reading the gps how can it be that on the navigation screen it's "jumping" while on the satellite screen shot is increasing meter by meter, shouldn't it be the same?

anyway, again, not a big deal!

Indeed, altitude is derived from GPS data and can vary a few hundred feet even while sitting still. I know mine reads to the foot, i.e., 951 feet. It's possible that when set to metric, the avic does some rounding. Unless you are using the avic in an airplane, I don't think 50 meters either way is going to kill you. :-)