AVIC411.com

GTIMatt's Mods

I love you mod and in no way do I want to sound like I am complaining cause I am not. Just wanted to let you know that I am also having the reboot problem when I get to around 60-65 mph on the highway. Once i slow down it will reboot and stay on.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After a few requests I have posted my data.zip file for anyone who wants to try it out. I've put a couple of screenshots below to show how it looks when a route is present and when it's not.   [atta

Really like this mod--thank you GTIMatt. I do have one problem--just like the poster a couple of replies above this one--he says when driving at "highway speeds" his AVIC reboots with this mod--mine rebooted when I entered an interstate highway (US) this morning and continued to reboot the entire time I was on it if I tried to access the map page. It was fine on the top page with the radio working just fine. I was only on the interstate for about 5 miles though and as soon as I left the interstate highway--the unit resumed working just fine. I would say my problem was the driving at the highway speeds like the previous poster I mentioned--but I wasn't going any faster than I had been going on the rural roads I drive to work that aren't interstates. I think the problem is related to the speed limit database and this mod on roads that it knows the speed limit on. Previously, this portion of my drive to work--on the interstate--is the only portion of highway that my AVIC would display speed limit info on ( I've been using Maverickster's mod previously). So--I know that as soon as I entered that highway-- my AVIC rebooted continuously until I was off the "speed limited" area. For me--it's got nothing to do with the hardware bypass or the speed at which I'm driving. The common denominator is the speed limit thing.

Could this be happening simply because I didn't set my Visual settings for speed limit to US as you just mentioned(I hadn't realized I needed to set something for this in my visual settings until checking this forum this morning)?

Or is something else funky going on? I'm out of town right now--unable to get to my vehicle till Wednesday to see which setting you are talking about in the Visual section--but--I was just curious.

Hmmm, I'm not sure, there is lots of speed limit info in the UK so I have been driving around with the speed limit mod for a while, the limits varied from 30mph up to 70mph and never had a reboot (I've also driven up to about 100mph). The visual setting was added in the latest version but it shouldn't matter if it is set or not as it checks for a 1 in the variable and if is any other value (or nothing) it should default to the euro style.

I did notice the other day when I tried to switch to full screen cockpit it rebooted, I haven't had a chance to look at it yet and don't know if it is related to what you are seeing.

I love you mod and in no way do I want to sound like I am complaining cause I am not. Just wanted to let you know that I am also having the reboot problem when I get to around 60-65 mph on the highway. Once i slow down it will reboot and stay on.

Based on others here, there definitely seems to be a problem but it is not one I have been able to recreate and all the reports appear to be from the USA so not sure if it something unique to the US model or settings. As I've said before I've been driving with mods for weeks and at speeds well over 65mph and never had a reboot. I'm not actually sure is happening code wise when you hit those speeds so not even really sure where to start looking.

Someone above wondered if it was to do with speed limit, I'll look into posting some files that will remove the speed limit mod and see if that resolves the problem.

Thanks for the quick reply. Just wondering if I edited out just the lines involving the speed limit on the naigatemap_800_480.ui file and then drove on the interstate again to troubleshoot that one issue--if it didn't reboot--then I would know if the speed limit section is the problem --if it did reboot--then something else is the problem.

Does this sound like a good plan or is removing the speed limit stuff more involved than that?

Thanks for the quick reply. Just wondering if I edited out just the lines involving the speed limit on the naigatemap_800_480.ui file and then drove on the interstate again to troubleshoot that one issue--if it didn't reboot--then I would know if the speed limit section is the problem --if it did reboot--then something else is the problem.

Does this sound like a good plan or is removing the speed limit stuff more involved than that?

if you remove the 2 layers within the <> marks in navigatemap_800_480.ui and then there is a little bit more code in navigate.ui in the script sc_FullScreen (again remove the code within the above marks which is checking the variable and showing the appropriate speedlimit layer) and that should be it.

Wow-thanks for the quick, detailed replies. I'll give that a shot--but unfortunately for me it'll be two or three days before I"m back home to do it.

I really think Pioneer's software programmers should be taking lessons from you.

Thanks again.

Wow-thanks for the quick, detailed replies. I'll give that a shot--but unfortunately for me it'll be two or three days before I"m back home to do it.

I really think Pioneer's software programmers should be taking lessons from you.

Thanks again.

No problem, I love the fact that people are so willing to help track down problems that I can't recreate!

Ok i restored my flashdisk and then re applied your mod. I changed the brake speed setting from the standard to 1024.0. Wanted to make it high enough to remove any doubt. I did about 2 hours of highway driving today and I didnt have one instance of a problem. Starting to wonder if this is just a ghost in the machine kinda thing.

I agree--this mod is really great--which is why I want it so badly to work on my unit. Soo--I've slept on this and started thinking last night that the reboot problem could be something as simple as me forgetting or misplacing the font that came with GTIMatt's file. I can't for the life of me remember if I put it in the IGO folder or not. I think I did-but not sure-and won't know till I get home tomorrow evening.

Question is--if that font is missing--and I enter a highway with a known speed limit in the database--will that cause the AVIC to reboot? And continue rebooting until leaving the highway with a speed limit in the database?

I agree--this mod is really great--which is why I want it so badly to work on my unit. Soo--I've slept on this and started thinking last night that the reboot problem could be something as simple as me forgetting or misplacing the font that came with GTIMatt's file. I can't for the life of me remember if I put it in the IGO folder or not. I think I did-but not sure-and won't know till I get home tomorrow evening.

Question is--if that font is missing--and I enter a highway with a known speed limit in the database--will that cause the AVIC to reboot? And continue rebooting until leaving the highway with a speed limit in the database?

if you forgot the font it wont even get pass the startup screen

Ok i restored my flashdisk and then re applied your mod. I changed the brake speed setting from the standard to 1024.0. Wanted to make it high enough to remove any doubt. I did about 2 hours of highway driving today and I didnt have one instance of a problem. Starting to wonder if this is just a ghost in the machine kinda thing.

So if i applied the brake speed setting to 1024.0 it should fix the reboot prob. right?

So if i applied the brake speed setting to 1024.0 it should fix the reboot prob. right?

Well that is what worked for me it is still working today. I also had a backup of the stock disk. I input the mod into a copy of the backup before I putt it back onto the device.

While it is still working OK I wonder if it may have something to do with the amount of ram and processing power that the unit have. I have not yet looked at the specs of the unit to see what it has.

This may just be a case of to many things running at once and it forces the unit to restart. The unit seems to save the state and rerun at start up where the memory and processing ability are at a premium and then causes the unit to crash again.

I am very new to navigation devices like this so these are just theories that I am throwing out.