AVIC411.com

GTIMatt's Mods

You guys with reboot problems, try commenting out the following lines in browsemap.ui in the common/ui folder.

;spr_battery.hide

;vsp_Compass.show

;spr_Compass.show

Since GTIMatt uses the linear compass, the sprites called here do not exist.

I caught it when I was debugging mine before posting the final version. It would cause a reboot when going to the POI map screen or any other browseable map screen. It wouldn't be speed related, however.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After a few requests I have posted my data.zip file for anyone who wants to try it out. I've put a couple of screenshots below to show how it looks when a route is present and when it's not.   [atta

You guys with reboot problems, try commenting out the following lines in browsemap.ui in the common/ui folder.
;spr_battery.hide

;vsp_Compass.show

;spr_Compass.show

Since GTIMatt uses the linear compass, the sprites called here do not exist.

I caught it when I was debugging mine before posting the final version. It would cause a reboot when going to the POI map screen or any other browseable map screen. It wouldn't be speed related, however.

Nice catch, I'll make those changes in my data.zip (although spr_battery should exist because I never bothered commenting it out of navigatemap_800_480).

Awesom mod! It's quite sad the F900 series doesn't have these options by default. Glad that there are some intelligent ppl around here :)

One suggestion: is it possible to post the latest version on your 1st post?

Thanks in advance!

There is a link to my latest mods (3rd April) on the first page, I decided to post links in the first post because it was getting overwhelming with every update being described there.

Hope this helps

Matt.

You guys with reboot problems, try commenting out the following lines in browsemap.ui in the common/ui folder. ;spr_battery.hide

;vsp_Compass.show

;spr_Compass.show

Thanks--will do that today and test it this evening when I get home. I'm not a computer code person or modder but this is actually kinda fun--when a person has time to do it.

Thanks cmh928.

I would still bet that users having a reboot at speed failed to copy the transportm.ttf to apl2\igo.

Anyone with the issue, verify the file is there and possibly copy a fresh one to the folder.

Most of my scripts were stolen from GTIMatt's newest version and I'm not having anyone report reboot at speed issues.

I did NOT use his custom font for my speed limit signs, though.. Just to avoid this problem. It is prettier, but wasn't worth the risk to me.

Nice catch, I'll make those changes in my data.zip (although spr_battery should exist because I never bothered commenting it out of navigatemap_800_480).

I did remove the reference to that battery sprite in my nm8x4 and it led me to find the other 2 lurking in browsemap.

There is still a mini-battery sprite in nm8x4, so the other was pointless. It is still safe to comment it out in browsemap if you already have, regardless.

I would still bet that users having a reboot at speed failed to copy the transportm.ttf to apl2\igo.

Anyone with the issue, verify the file is there and possibly copy a fresh one to the folder.

Yep, that's exactly what happened to me. My mistake--not Matt's. I guess that particular font was used for the UK speed limit sign that came up when there was speed limit data. I knew it had something to do with the speed limit.

Got home from trip this evening and checked to see if the transportm.ttf was in my apl2\igo folder--it was not.

It is now and all is well.

Thanks everyone for the help. Maybe someone else will benefit from my mistake.

New Version posted here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?y2ymvtmztmu

This version has added:

- A new custom subscreen under Navi Settings > Visual.

- Moved the US/Euro speed limit style option to the custom menu

- Added option to turn off showing turn restrictions to the custom menu

- Added option to turn off showing the zoom/tilt buttons when clicking on the map in 3d mode to the custom menu

- Cosmetic changes for full screen cockpit

- Added clip_planes.ini to common for better building visibility (I don't have buildings in my area so don't know what difference it makes, this was a request by another user).

Most of my scripts were stolen from GTIMatt's newest version and I'm not having anyone report reboot at speed issues.

I did NOT use his custom font for my speed limit signs, though.. Just to avoid this problem. It is prettier, but wasn't worth the risk to me.

I did remove the reference to that battery sprite in my nm8x4 and it led me to find the other 2 lurking in browsemap.

There is still a mini-battery sprite in nm8x4, so the other was pointless. It is still safe to comment it out in browsemap if you already have, regardless.

Well, I did the speed limit mod before I was planning on taking this public and it was just meant for me in the UK. I did a bit of research and found that font is the official one used on road signs here so decided to use it. Just me being anal really, lol.

Great.. Now I have more work to do. Keeping up with your mods is a full time job! ;-)

Looks like these mods will be a bit easier to integrate at least.

I already uploaded your new file to your folder on the FTP along with updating the readme. ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us/GTIMatt

Thanks for keeping me out of the bars,

mike

PS. What happens if you put the transportm.ttf inside the font or root folder of the data.zip?

New Version posted here:

This version has added:

- Added option to turn off showing the zoom/tilt buttons when clicking on the map in 3d mode to the custom menu

- Added clip_planes.ini to common for better building visibility (I don't have buildings in my area so don't know what difference it makes, this was a request by another user).

sweet,

New Version posted here:

This version has added:

Dude, seriously?? You totally freakin rock man. I didn't even know I wanted the option to turn off the tilt/zoom buttons!

FF