AVIC411.com

GTIMatt's Mods

Go for it, it's the main reason I put it out there so that people can cherry pick the mods they want and incorporate them into their own, I tried to comment the code logically so it was easy to take the bits people wanted. Besides if it wasn't for your help I would never have got this far!

Thanks. Your code is clean enough so it should be easy...

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After a few requests I have posted my data.zip file for anyone who wants to try it out. I've put a couple of screenshots below to show how it looks when a route is present and when it's not.   [atta

Go for it, it's the main reason I put it out there so that people can cherry pick the mods they want and incorporate them into their own, I tried to comment the code logically so it was easy to take the bits people wanted. Besides if it wasn't for your help I would never have got this far!

with your permission i would like to integrate a couple of your mods with mine in my next update

with your permission i would like to integrate a couple of your mods with mine in my next update

Not sure if this was being asked of me or Boris but if it was me then feel free to use whatever you want.

Hey Boris when I click on save as there is no Add Camera button. There is add Pin, Favorite, And something else dont remember right now, but no add camera.

I'm gonna install the new DATA.ZIP and see if I can do it there.

That means that your PLACExxx.UI files do not enable it... Are you using Matt's ones? Since he's in Europe where the functionality is enabled by default may be he didn't change it... I guess you could try using mine. I don't think there's anything in mine that would make iincompatible with the rest of Matt's files...

I installed the new Data.zip and it has the add camera option.

Thanx for reply

That means that your PLACExxx.UI files do not enable it... Are you using Matt's ones? Since he's in Europe where the functionality is enabled by default may be he didn't change it... I guess you could try using mine. I don't think there's anything in mine that would make iincompatible with the rest of Matt's files...

I installed the new Data.zip and it has the add camera option.

Thanx for reply

Good.Things like Speed cameras affect more than a single file, so you have to make sure you get all the code to support them properly...

Hi Matt,

Great development on your mod. You keep suprising me.

But can you please update your data file with this issue??

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... it=finally

Its for the building visability in the new color schemes and maps.

I only dont know if it affects settings with normal color schemes and older maps

Thanks

This will be in my next version.

Check that. Just took it out for a drive and I dont get ANY speed limit indicator. Pretty sure I have all the settings right. What am i missing? :?

As said it probably means that there is no speed limit info in your area. I assume you set the style you wanted under visual settings as I found out that the setting doesn't default to anything when you first install the mod so if you don't go in and set it you wont get any speed limit display.

I've tried doing the software bypass so many times on your data.zip. I tried changing the value from 128 to 255...my unit turns on and off while driving at highway speeds. regular driving is fine. I reinstalled the orginal factory flash disk....did the software bypass...it works with no glitch. I love your data zip and want to use it. Can u figure out whats wrong.

As said it probably means that there is no speed limit info in your area. I assume you set the style you wanted under visual settings as I found out that the setting doesn't default to anything when you first install the mod so if you don't go in and set it you wont get any speed limit display.

Yeah, I set it to US. Guess theres no speed limit here. SWEET! :lol::P

Really like this mod--thank you GTIMatt. I do have one problem--just like the poster a couple of replies above this one--he says when driving at "highway speeds" his AVIC reboots with this mod--mine rebooted when I entered an interstate highway (US) this morning and continued to reboot the entire time I was on it if I tried to access the map page. It was fine on the top page with the radio working just fine. I was only on the interstate for about 5 miles though and as soon as I left the interstate highway--the unit resumed working just fine. I would say my problem was the driving at the highway speeds like the previous poster I mentioned--but I wasn't going any faster than I had been going on the rural roads I drive to work that aren't interstates. I think the problem is related to the speed limit database and this mod on roads that it knows the speed limit on. Previously, this portion of my drive to work--on the interstate--is the only portion of highway that my AVIC would display speed limit info on ( I've been using Maverickster's mod previously). So--I know that as soon as I entered that highway-- my AVIC rebooted continuously until I was off the "speed limited" area. For me--it's got nothing to do with the hardware bypass or the speed at which I'm driving. The common denominator is the speed limit thing.

Could this be happening simply because I didn't set my Visual settings for speed limit to US as you just mentioned(I hadn't realized I needed to set something for this in my visual settings until checking this forum this morning)?

Or is something else funky going on? I'm out of town right now--unable to get to my vehicle till Wednesday to see which setting you are talking about in the Visual section--but--I was just curious.