AVIC411.com

GTIMatt's Mods

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After a few requests I have posted my data.zip file for anyone who wants to try it out. I've put a couple of screenshots below to show how it looks when a route is present and when it's not.   [atta

Hi Matt,

just wanted to say I really like your mod. I've tried the rest but IMO yours has the best balance of looks and functionality. I do like some of the options available in IDT's and CMH928's setup, like the enhanced simulation mode, the 'Nav Options' button and the 'day/night' button but not too keen on the buttons being along the top, much prefer your layout. I wouldn't even consider putting it back to standard now, especially with no bloody nav mute button!!! :x

Anyway, I was just looking to make some changes to the box colours as Blue doesn't really go with my Nissan's Orange dash (although the original silver metal effect did). I think I'm happy with changing the existing images to the colour I want and from what I've read previous posts and it seems the files I need to change in ui_pioneer\800_480\ are:

info_bg.bmp - Route Info Box

746_32K_OM-003_32.bmp - Next Instruction box

746_32K_OM-005_32.bmp - 2nd Instruction box

746_32K_OM-007_32.bmp - Next street box

746_32K_OM-001_32b.bmp - Street Box

Just have a couple of questions about this though:

1. I can't open the 'info_bg.bmp' file to edit, it doesn't seem to be like the other .bmp's.

2. What about the borders of the boxes, this doesn't seem to be included in the image, where can these be edited?

3. Do you know how I could put the boxes back to the standard silver metal effect but with your layout?

Hope that makes sense and thanks in advance for any help you can offer!!

kdk_0057.jpg

kdk_0058.jpg

kdk_0059.jpg

All my dreams are coming true... I hope you see this MATT, I told you I would post pics.

*edit* I love you all

Looks great!

1. See IDT's post. They are Igo formatted so you need special software to read them.

2. Not sure what you mean by borders, the rounded corners and white lines are all in my custom bmp images.

3. Can't remember if I kept copies of the originals in my data.zip, if I did they will have the same name with something like _orig tacked on the filename. If not then just get them from your data.zip backup (although I probably changed the position of the boxes slightly so the originals might not fit perfectly)

Thanks for your answers Matt/IDT. I've stopped being dense now and worked out what I needed to do. I've created my own custom boxes and icons too so it sort of matches my car. Went for a greyish silver look instead of the orange but I'm pleased with it now....almost! Added a nav settings and day/night button too when no route is active. I do have 3 more issues, would be great if you could help....will go for A B C style questions this time :D

A. The '2D/3D' icon and the 'info' icons always fade after several seconds to a more translucent state, where as all the other icons don't. At first I thought it was because they are those 3 icons in 1 .bmp's which have different alpha channels, so I made all 3 images the same but still didn't work. I can't work out what controls the translucent effect. I've noticed IDT's icons dim when inactive.....so guessing it's possible to stop icons dimming too.

B. Same 'info' icon (or 746_32K_OM-013_32b.bmp) doesn't seem to line up on the screen where I tell it to. I've tried renaming it (and updated the navigatemap_800_480.ui file accordingly) but no joy. Why is this one being awkward?

C. What file controls the poition of the route boxes? i.e. 'info_bg.bmp' in your data.zip.

Thanks alot, I'll post pics when it's all done so you can see what a mess I've made :roll:

Looks nice superman. How's the visiblity of the bmp's at night?

Its very visible, and sinces its red... there is really no glare or nothing to your eyes. I kepted ALL the alpha channels, and i even made the speed camera warning alpha channeled (it wasnt before).

I do have to admit though... the red is a little too red (blood red) and i kind of want to tune the red down a little. but thats a lot of work

but lonestar seems to be a fan of my red theme LOL, Lone, i dunno if you done any changed to your DATA.zip but i can either give you the DATA.zip (if no changes are made) or i can give you the bmp pictures to inject into your DATA.ZIP

1. See IDT's post. They are Igo formatted so you need special software to read them.

2. Not sure what you mean by borders, the rounded corners and white lines are all in my custom bmp images.

3. Can't remember if I kept copies of the originals in my data.zip, if I did they will have the same name with something like _orig tacked on the filename. If not then just get them from your data.zip backup (although I probably changed the position of the boxes slightly so the originals might not fit perfectly)

Thanks for your answers Matt/IDT. I've stopped being dense now and worked out what I needed to do. I've created my own custom boxes and icons too so it sort of matches my car. Went for a greyish silver look instead of the orange but I'm pleased with it now....almost! Added a nav settings and day/night button too when no route is active. I do have 3 more issues, would be great if you could help....will go for A B C style questions this time :D

A. The '2D/3D' icon and the 'info' icons always fade after several seconds to a more translucent state, where as all the other icons don't. At first I thought it was because they are those 3 icons in 1 .bmp's which have different alpha channels, so I made all 3 images the same but still didn't work. I can't work out what controls the translucent effect. I've noticed IDT's icons dim when inactive.....so guessing it's possible to stop icons dimming too.

B. Same 'info' icon (or 746_32K_OM-013_32b.bmp) doesn't seem to line up on the screen where I tell it to. I've tried renaming it (and updated the navigatemap_800_480.ui file accordingly) but no joy. Why is this one being awkward?

C. What file controls the poition of the route boxes? i.e. 'info_bg.bmp' in your data.zip.

Thanks alot, I'll post pics when it's all done so you can see what a mess I've made :roll:

A. tha fading of the buttons are controlled by a script in navigatemap.ui,for the rest of your buttons to fade you will have to declare all those buttons and include them in the script in the navigate.ui, you will have to check m ythread if you're not sure what i'm talking about

Matt

Thanks for your mod's - they're great. One issue that I have is that the speed limit data seems really haphazard. I know that this is likely to be the maps but it is really weird. For example, on the A38 north of Bristol, going north the speed limits shows either 30 or 60mph but going south it (correctly) shows 40mph. Do you have the same problems in Swindon? Are there newer maps? Or have I corrupted something?

Matt

Thanks for your mod's - they're great. One issue that I have is that the speed limit data seems really haphazard. I know that this is likely to be the maps but it is really weird. For example, on the A38 north of Bristol, going north the speed limits shows either 30 or 60mph but going south it (correctly) shows 40mph. Do you have the same problems in Swindon? Are there newer maps? Or have I corrupted something?

blame teleatlas for the maps,

Matt

I haven't noticed the same road showing different limits depending on which way you are traveling but there are roads where it is wrong though. I'm using maps 2008.10 but to be honest I didn't notice any improvement with the speed limit data in my area when I switched to them. The data is part of the maps and my mod just shows it I doubt you have corrupted anything the data is not just 100% accurate.

Matt

Thanks. I will try updating the maps. I will have to move back from firmware 2.005000 as I understand this has a different Ezrider that has not been hacked. Are you using 2.001000 or 1.900000?

Apparently 2.005 has also been patched recently. I'll ask the author if I can repost it here.