AVIC411.com

Australian Map Update (R17 Maps Page 23)

hi 34by151,

Having some issues.

i have extracted your updated to sd and have copied as per your instructions and it hasnt worked and is now constantly restarting.

i have clicked on map when its loading up and it seems to restart when "MAINSCREEN LOAD" comes up.

any idea why this is happening?

Fortunately for me, (unlike the other guy) i have made a backup and was able to revert my actions but i would love for this update to work.

stupid question do i delete the old apl2 folder or just overwrite the files which are included in the latest update?

thanks,

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like the licemce file.

Apply my First V3 update. That will padate the licence file and driver warning

Once you do that apply the 16.1 maps again.

The easy way is to extract the V3.01 update to your SD card then extract the Map update over the top of it.

Follow the 301 instructions and all should be well

Cheers

34by151

Hi I am new to this forum and have just brought an Australian AVIC F900BT (I live in Melbourne). I have updated the firmware to Ver_2.009000 from the pioneer website. I have looked through posts on this forum and I have become a little confused. Now please don't get mad at me for asking this, I'm not too certain if this is the right place to ask but I was wondering if it would be at all possible for any of you nice people to post a complete in-depth guide including download links on how to update my AVIC to the latest firmware, the latest maps and traffic cam info, get the "traffic" working & install mods like the voice guidance mute and any other good mods. (also if you could post any draw backs of doing this)

also if you could tell me if there is any way of doing the following:

• control the guidance voice volume with the volume knob (ie having the music louder also turns up the volume for the GPS)

• voice control things with the AU AVIC (ie say something like "play artist eminem" and have the AVIC do it)(Maybe with some third party software)

• improve boot time

thank you, and if no one wants to do it that's fine I just thought I'd ask

Merry Christmas :)

You have 2 choices for Updates

1. With V2 Firmware use my original mods.

2. With V3 Firmware use my V3 Mod and map update.

Both have detailed instructions and both can be found in this thread. If you are unsure about anything read and search then ask. Everything you need to know is here.

To answer your other questions.

I am working on a Mod for Oz units. For now I recommend using IDT's V2 mod that allows to set all the volumes separately. None of the mods have dynamic volume using the audio volume. Dynamic volumes increases the Nav sounds with vehicle speed. Something I want to look at but way down on my list. No promises on that.

Voice control or VR is shipped with US units and not in the OZ or EU. Again something on my list to look at. It's been tried with V2 firmware but I don't think anyone has looked at this yet for V3.

V3 is much faster booting than V2. With my mod the Audio powers up before the Igo Nav. So your Radio, Ipod ect will be working then The Camera, Then Igo (nav). When you boot into audio you can press map and see the Map software loading. I recommend purchasing V3 if you did not get the free update. V3 will also enable the TMC (suna traffic)

Cheers

34by151

Well I've applied the 3.0 firmware and the map updates to my US F900BT. He problem I'm having now though is that my navigation has no voice directions. The music mutes for the prompts but no voice is emitted. WHat files are responsible for this and how can I go about fixing it?

Cheers

Toby

I think i need the voice files to go with the australian maps. I currently only have the US ones. I tried to use the previous aus ones from the v2 map updates but with no success. Also is it just me or does the nav take longer to load after this update?

Thanks

Toby

Ok so i got it all working. I just deleted the phenome file and it all seems to be good now. One other thing i have noticed and its probably unrelated to this update is that my VR doesnt seem to be working properly. When i click the menue buton the screen pops up but there is no beep sound to indicate i can start talking. The wheel starts to spin however. I can make calls and stuff although when i ask it to play an aritist is just goes to the ipod screen and doesnt change artists.