AVIC411.com

Australian Map Update (R17 Maps Page 23)

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey 34by151!

FIrst of kudos to you for all your hard work! Loving my unit now more than ever!

As mic18u mentioned in a previous post... I did not receive a message at the end to say the installation was complete.

I waited just over an hour and then rebooted it and it seems to have done it. When I check the version it now displays R17.

Was there something I might have been doing wrong?

I called Pioneer Aus this morning to inquire about getting V3 for my Aus F900BT (currently on V2) they put me through to the technical department that told me to download (from the Pioneer Aus website) the v3 software for the F910BT and load that onto my unit as that was how you get V3. Does this sound correct?

He also didn't mention having to load into service menus, formatting, etc so I have to assume everything is included in the update from Pioneer. Will be giving it a try tonight I guess if anyone can confirm for me?

IF this works, then loading the V17 maps should be as easy as download, unzip onto a clean SD and insert into the unit and let it do its thing?

Hey 34by151!

FIrst of kudos to you for all your hard work! Loving my unit now more than ever!

As mic18u mentioned in a previous post... I did not receive a message at the end to say the installation was complete.

I waited just over an hour and then rebooted it and it seems to have done it. When I check the version it now displays R17.

Was there something I might have been doing wrong?

Nope all ok, don't know why you did not get the message. The installer does an xcopy of the update files the the message. It will take about as long as the pioneer update to perform

Cheers

34by151

download (from the Pioneer Aus website) the v3 software for the F910BT and load that onto my unit as that was how you get V3. Does this sound correct?

IF this works, then loading the V17 maps should be as easy as download, unzip onto a clean SD and insert into the unit and let it do its thing?

Even if you have the v3 update you will need the code for your unit. As far as I know you cant get this without paying for the upgrade. If you were part of the free upgrade you would have had your copy by now

Once you have v3 on your unit just follow the instructions on page 23

Cheers

34by151

download (from the Pioneer Aus website) the v3 software for the F910BT and load that onto my unit as that was how you get V3. Does this sound correct?

Even if you have the v3 update you will need the code for your unit. As far as I know you cant get this without paying for the upgrade. If you were part of the free upgrade you would have had your copy by now

Once you have v3 on your unit just follow the instructions on page 23

Cheers

34by151

This is what I thought but when I called and asked spare parts about it, that's when I was transfered to the tech department and given the above information, guess I'll have to call back again until I get someone in spares that knows about it. Only thing offered was a April 09 map update for $270 and she said it didn't carry v3 upgrade as well.

That sounds like the one. It will have 2 sd cards. The first one is the v3 update that also enables SUNA TMC but this will not work if you have a us model. In that case you need to alter the sys.txt to have the correct model after that update or use a us update set.

Once you have updated to V3 then do the map upgrade.

Cheers

34by151

TTS voices do not work for the reasons you have found. It's actually an Igo problem. You have to use non TTS voices

Hi everyone and thank you 34by151 very much for all you've done! I've installed the V17 map updates and was wondering if anyone has found away around the TTS issue yet (apart from not using TTS)? I've always found the TTS very helpful and would love to be able to get it working again if anyone's found a way?

Thanks and kind regards,

Clutrz

Hi everyone and thank you 34by151 very much for all you've done! I've installed the V17 map updates and was wondering if anyone has found away around the TTS issue yet (apart from not using TTS)? I've always found the TTS very helpful and would love to be able to get it working again if anyone's found a way?

Funny enough I have updated TTS software but have not had a chance to test it either on the AVIC or with the new maps. The Skin is taking all my time and I need to get that finished first.

Once we have released the new skin I will look at that, I suspect I will have a solution

Cheers

34by151

Signposts display is controlled by the skin and can be altered by changing the settings in you sys.txt and the signpost.ini in the data.zip

Found the laneinfo_signpost.ini file in the data.zip, increased it to 18 and it looks perfect thanks! I also changed the signpost_coloring value to 0 in the sys.txt so the signs come up green. I guess that when set to 0 it uses the value set by signpost_background_color, otherwise it uses the values in signpost_colors.csv.

I tried to change the _axx.xpd file so National Route shields (black on white) appear correctly - currently they appear as State Routes (white on blue). I copied the National Highway values and changed the colours to black on white - nothing changed. The original R15 maps had them appear correctly, but for some reason they don't anymore. They are definitely National Routes according to the map though (N23 and N52 around these parts).

Found the laneinfo_signpost.ini file in the data.zip, increased it to 18 and it looks perfect thanks! I also changed the signpost_coloring value to 0 in the sys.txt so the signs come up green. I guess that when set to 0 it uses the value set by signpost_background_color, otherwise it uses the values in signpost_colors.csv.

the new skin has the ability yo change the signpost colour (green/blue), size(normal, Small,Big) and display mode (Allays and on route)

Cheers

34by151