AVIC411.com

I just installed this on my new F700 (i bought it yesterday ;) and had a question I cant seem to find the answer to.

Theres a lot of red-light camera around work, but no speed cameras.

Each one I appproach, it warns me, "Speed Camera, 70 miles per hour" and the screen shows a 66 MPH speed camera.

I know for a fact these are red light cameras. Two of them are in 25 MPH zones - theres no way it'd be a 66 MPH speed camera in a 25 MPH zone. (And I got nailed at one once for running a red!)

Is there a way to have speed and red light cameras correctly identified?

You'd need to find a file that has them correctly listed... I am not sure if there are any good ones for North America out there, at least for free... In the meanwhile you can edit the ones you know are wrong right on the AVIC...

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You'd need to find a file that has them correctly listed... I am not sure if there are any good ones for North America out there, at least for free... In the meanwhile you can edit the ones you know are wrong right on the AVIC...

Quick tutorial on that? Whenever I try and click on a camera on screen, it just sets the cursor to where I hit the screen, the 'car' loses focus, and drives off the now static map. So how do I edit them in the avic?

I downloaded them all yesterday from some site I got the link to from here... I forget where though, but I did download two seperate files, red_light_camera_us and speedcam...

Actually I just opened the red-light-camera-us file and it has a ton of them, all set to speed of 66 (hence why its showing its a 66mph speed cam...)

How do I tag them as red light cameras instead of speed cameras?

Also, does anyone here have working data files that actually differentiate between speedcam and red light cameras? If so can you post an excerpt from your red_light_cameras_us file so I can see what it looks like? Right now, all my red light cams say it's type 7, speed 66 mph, with 0's for direction and dirtype... A line from it looks like:

X,Y,TYPE,SPEED,DIRTYPE,DIRECTION

I believe I got these directly from the speed cam mod thread, where Safety Cam Mod.zip was available for download.

I guess I could edit a cam, try and write down the coordinates, then check the data files for what changed and see... *shrug*

Ok, I went into my AVIC, selected a nearby cam, edited it, changed it to a redlight camera, rebooted into testmode, copied the red_light_camera_us.txt back to my SD card, just brought it inside, opened it up, and it's gibberish. Looks like the avic wrote it back as binary or something? Its the same exact size... still a text file, but it's binary gibberish.

Anyone have any ideas? I know this is prob in the wrong thread, I'll start a new one...

After deleting all files and turning it back to a stock unit, I tried reinstalling this mod. It uninstalled very easily and looks very pretty. I found this mod to still be somewhat unstable with my device. When shuffling between menus, I found that the previous menu would remain on the screen. Besides those flaws for me, it seems to be a nice mod.

Ok, I went into my AVIC, selected a nearby cam, edited it, changed it to a redlight camera, rebooted into testmode, copied the red_light_camera_us.txt back to my SD card, just brought it inside, opened it up, and it's gibberish. Looks like the avic wrote it back as binary or something? Its the same exact size... still a text file, but it's binary gibberish.

Anyone have any ideas? I know this is prob in the wrong thread, I'll start a new one...

once you've edited the camera whatever changes you've made will be saved, it won't show up in the text file, igo just uses the text file and converts it into a spud file and whatever you changes you make will be saved on the spud file not on the text file

For those interested in F500 install results.

I installed the allinone noob image (includes MSN) and the only problem i can see is that TTS does not work, and Samantha is actually not even an option in the language menu anymore. I have Jason, and two other countries. Actually, even picking Jason doesn't work as I don't get spoken directions at all right now. I am going to load of the most recent mod'd Samantha TTS and try to load it manually in the settings menu, as opposed to using Testmode install (copy and paste). Hopefully this will restore the spoken commands!

Anyone with the F500BT had any luck installing the allinone hack without problems?

BTW, I love the 2.0 firmware...so far, much more responsive!

BTW, I REALLY love that the F500BT can be found under 200 bucks now...makes me so glad I was an "early adopter"!

UPDATE: I did a poor job searching the thread, and now I see i need to edit the sys.txt file to reflect the right device. My question now, is do I just update the sys.txt, and then re-run the full blown allinone testmode install, or do i just need to update the sys.txt and copy over the one currently on my device (using testmode of course, but not with the auto-copying procedure).

I succesfully updated sys.txt with the right device, and now I get spoken nav guidance again, but the only option is for Jason (not TTS). I did a full reinstall of the allinone mod with the udpated sys.txt; still no go on the new Sam TTS voice. I even loaded the standalone TTS zip and went into the "language" menu on the Avic and tried to load Samantha manually of an SD card, and while appearing to load I never get the choice of Sam in the language menu once done loading.

Any ideas?

Hey guys, I'm gonna try this mod out in a few minutes but I've got one question. I have an f700bt and want the clock, so at the ftp I've downloaded the nomsn file to extract to an sd and the data&voiceonly file under the BigClock directory, but i noticed its way smaller than the nomsn autoextract. What files do I have to mod, if any, to get the big clock? Thanks

Ritu, read your owner's manual. It is supposed to behave that way. Hit the map button to turn follow mode back on.

Neveez, The NoMSN all-in-one does have a clock, but it is a smaller one in the lower left corner. Load that entire mod first. If you then decide you need the bigger clock, wipe your SD card and grab the auto-installer under BigClock/NoMSN on the FTP.

Wyatt, what language menu are you under? The one from Nav Settings won't show the TTS voices. The one under system settings is the one you need.

Thanks Cmh928...

earlier i used to tap on the arrow (which is now red car!!) and i used to come back in follow mode which is missing in this mod so i thought i would expect some fix for the same but i was not aware the trick/way/method you describe....

once again thank you so much for your wonderful work!! :mrgreen:

Hello cmh928 and congratulations for your great work.

I made some changes to better adapt to France (Speedcams warning voice in French http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=124532&whichpage=5).

Wish I could ralonge distance alert max 500 instead of 300 meters (a little short for France)

Can you tell me the file to edit, I have not found.

Your work is excellently.

Wyatt, what language menu are you under? The one from Nav Settings won't show the TTS voices. The one under system settings is the one you need.

I went under system settings...I didn't even see a setting to pick TTS voices in Nav Settings. I have three choices, Jason, Spanish Dude, and French Person.

Wyatt, off hand I would guess there is still an error in your sys.txt. You need to use my original sys.txt but modify the device type to PIONEER749UC for US/Canada or PIONEER749EW for a European model.

Misterblue, you would be better off asking BorisM or GTIMatt about the speedcam variables. I don't believe there is an option available beyond 300 meters.