AVIC411.com

Wyatt, off hand I would guess there is still an error in your sys.txt. You need to use my original sys.txt but modify the device type to PIONEER749UC for US/Canada or PIONEER749EW for a European model.

Misterblue, you would be better off asking BorisM or GTIMatt about the speedcam variables. I don't believe there is an option available beyond 300 meters.

There is, supposedly, a SYS.TXT option to change warning distances, but it is not linear, you modify correlation between your speed and distance to the camera.

I'll need to look up the name of the variable and check to see if it is actually supported in our version of iGO. May be on Monday...

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alright, yes..I'm an idiot and don't know how to read instructions.

I downloaded the zip file from Cmh928's server. (Thank you by the way...this is a TON of work, and from what everyone else says...it's going to be awesome)

Well, I plopped it on my SD card and then into my F700BT.

It booted up and said it was copying to my hard drive. This confused me, because I didn't read the part where Cmh928 talked about how he created an auto installer..which is awesome.

Then I rebooted and the unit kept going to the start up screen and rebooting automatically.

I would restore from back up..but I was going to back up to my SD card before I installed the mod..not realizing the autoinstaller was going to kick in, therefore, I don't have a back up. (Cardinal rule...I know)

I then tried installing 2.0 thinking it would fix everything, but now my unit just stalls at the splash screen.

Any ideas? Am I doomed?

Alright, yes..I'm an idiot and don't know how to read instructions.

I downloaded the zip file from Cmh928's server. (Thank you by the way...this is a TON of work, and from what everyone else says...it's going to be awesome)

Well, I plopped it on my SD card and then into my F700BT.

It booted up and said it was copying to my hard drive. This confused me, because I didn't read the part where Cmh928 talked about how he created an auto installer..which is awesome.

Then I rebooted and the unit kept going to the start up screen and rebooting automatically.

I would restore from back up..but I was going to back up to my SD card before I installed the mod..not realizing the autoinstaller was going to kick in, therefore, I don't have a back up. (Cardinal rule...I know)

I then tried installing 2.0 thinking it would fix everything, but now my unit just stalls at the splash screen.

Any ideas? Am I doomed?

Looks like you didn't do something right. You can try to download his "reset to oem" file and "FOLLOW the instructions before you do anything.

Thanks! That got me back to rebooting automatically..and past the splash screen. :( Still can't do anything though...it says the System Startup in progress. Please Wait. Then it reboots :(

Looks like something else was changed. There are some threads on this forum with some answers. Try here first and go from there... http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21618

Sweet! Thanks mate! Got it fixed by deleting my userdata directory and all non pioneer schemes

Glad to hear that you fixed it. Now be careful what you change from here on out. I hosed mine a few times, but always managed to get mine back. But I did make a backup of my flash disk and carry it in the car at all times just in case.

BorisM thank you in advance

You're welcome.

Theoretically, this is controlled by this entry in SYS.TXT:

[warning]

warn_distances="100:1500,70:1000,50:500,0:200"

where the number before the colon is speed (Km/h obviously) and one after being distance in meters. It affects the non-linear function that iGO uses to start warning about the camera.

I could not see warn_distances in our build of EZRider, but I do not have IDA Pro handy right now...

Hey Cmh928 ... thank you for making life real easy.

Just picked up my F500BT last Saturday. Installed the 2.0 firmware update. Uploaded your late April version of your all-in-one. Edited the SYS.TXT so that my device was "Pioneer749UC", and loaded the mod onto the F500. Then, for icing on the cake - upgraded the maps to 2008.4.

LOL - the unit hasn't even made it to its "permanent" home in the car yet. Thanks for your work in putting the mod together.

Now, if I could get my head around importing POI's....

What exactly will these lines of code in the Sys.txt do? Will these override the "Terrain In 3D" settings in the setup menu?

3d_dem=1      ;(1)
3d_dem_detail=2      ;(3)
terrain_in_2d=1      ;(1)
3d_roads=1      ;(1)

Thanx,

Bud

i think it would just set it by default and everytime you boot up your unit it will use that setting

69six, Those lines in sys.txt will only set the initial environment just like they set the voice to Jason(US). Any settings made in the setup screens will stick and have precedence over sys.txt.

Northpohl, be aware that 2008.4 maps screw up TTS street naming compared to the original 2007.10 maps. If TTS is important to you, you may want to revert back.

69six, Those lines in sys.txt will only set the initial environment just like they set the voice to Jason(US). Any settings made in the setup screens will stick and have precedence over sys.txt.

Northpohl, be aware that 2008.4 maps screw up TTS street naming compared to the original 2007.10 maps. If TTS is important to you, you may want to revert back.

Thanx!

..:)