AVIC411.com

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having a few issues...the parking brake bypass didn't work. In addition, there were a few other things like the compass changing the map from day to night. I also don't think the beeping noise was changed. Any suggestions? We download the all in one file. I did notice that some files were still zipped within the folders. Could this be the problem? We have the 900BT, if that makes any difference. The parking brake bypass is what we are most interested in.

The AIO doesn't have the newest data.zip. I stated that 3 posts ago. Compass brings up RoadList on the last version. Beeps are softer not removed. Even with the software bypass, you still need to ground the P Brake wire. Do some more reading on here. Files stay zipped when installed. DO NOT UNZIP FURTHER THAN JUST SHOWING 2 FOLDERS.

Just installed this today, I must say, it's very well done, I wish there were a quick way to preview all the color schemes for the maps.

The beeps are still as annoying as ever, especially with steering wheel remote doing the volume changing.

It was easy enough to re-mute them, but really, they need to be *MUCH* quieter or removed completely.

Thanks a ton for the effort!

I am trying to hide the speed limit when i am in route so iadded what you told me to add a while ago when i had the same problem and it worked then. this time when i added visiblemodel="navigation.has_route&navigation.current_speed_limit.valid" it is working backwards and shows the speed limit when i am in route and hides it when i am not in route. Should i be writing visiblemodel="navigation.has_no_route&navigation.current_speed_limit.valid" Thanks

The opposite of "navigation.has_route" is "!navigation.has_route". Notice the exclamation point.

visiblemodel="!navigation.has_route&navigation.current_speed_limit.valid" should do it.

Just installed this today, I must say, it's very well done, I wish there were a quick way to preview all the color schemes for the maps.

The beeps are still as annoying as ever, especially with steering wheel remote doing the volume changing.

It was easy enough to re-mute them, but really, they need to be *MUCH* quieter or removed completely.

How high do you have your amp gains set? I have mine set so that 60 on the volume out of 64 is the onset of clipping. This reduces background noise as well as making the Loudness contour behave as it should. If 30-40 on your volume is already loud, that would be why your beeps are still loud.

I've looked at various values for the clock and see the differences. Forgive me if these are dumb questions, I am really trying to figure out how this thing works. The question I have come up with is will copying someone else's navigatemap_800_480.ui into the CMH all in one work? I think I've figured out how to insert it with 7zip. Does changing that .ui file change everything or just the appearance of the map screen? I really like the lower beeps and Samantha voice and everything else. And it is just so simple to install.

One problem I just had happen with the all in one, untouched, is that my route info box disappered. It does not show up when any route is active. I am going to reload the all in one and see if that fixes it.

You can't just drop a .ui from one data.zip to another with few exceptions. The scripts called by one file need to exist in the other. You can use a file as a guide to modify the one you have, but not just replace it. Screw it up and you'll get a reboot loop and have to try again.

The Route Info box is meant to disappear if you set FullScreenCockpit to on. Check that in NaviSettings.

I am trying to hide the speed limit when i am in route so iadded what you told me to add a while ago when i had the same problem and it worked then. this time when i added visiblemodel="navigation.has_route&navigation.current_speed_limit.valid" it is working backwards and shows the speed limit when i am in route and hides it when i am not in route. Should i be writing visiblemodel="navigation.has_no_route&navigation.current_speed_limit.valid" Thanks

The opposite of "navigation.has_route" is "!navigation.has_route". Notice the exclamation point.

visiblemodel="!navigation.has_route&navigation.current_speed_limit.valid" should do it.

Thanks i missed that, but you are why I don't panic. Thanks for the suggestion i will try it out. I was loosing it and couldn't figure it out. I just looked at my old file and just noticed the !. DUH. Anyway it is a good thing you started your own thread and that you are helping people out. The newbies should really thank you for making their lives easier.

I've looked at various values for the clock and see the differences. Forgive me if these are dumb questions, I am really trying to figure out how this thing works. The question I have come up with is will copying someone else's navigatemap_800_480.ui into the CMH all in one work? I think I've figured out how to insert it with 7zip. Does changing that .ui file change everything or just the appearance of the map screen? I really like the lower beeps and Samantha voice and everything else. And it is just so simple to install.

One problem I just had happen with the all in one, untouched, is that my route info box disappered. It does not show up when any route is active. I am going to reload the all in one and see if that fixes it.

You can't just drop a .ui from one data.zip to another with few exceptions. The scripts called by one file need to exist in the other. You can use a file as a guide to modify the one you have, but not just replace it. Screw it up and you'll get a reboot loop and have to try again.

The Route Info box is meant to disappear if you set FullScreenCockpit to on. Check that in NaviSettings.

the route info box does disappear in cockpit mode check your settings. And as you can see it isn't as easy as just dropping in a ui file. I have been posting questions everytime cmh928 comes out with a mod so i can change it to suit my navigate800_480.ui file. The best thing to do is look through numerous ui files and see what they do and try a copy and paste. That is how i do it. It is trial and error and many rebooting cycles. You can also adjust the x,y values to suit, but you should still follow others files. Be careful because whatever changes you make to x,y, you don't want to have 2 buttons in the same place on the screen as well. good luck.

I silenced them. The beeps were too annoying. What i did was replace the wav file with a silent wav file and just named it the same as the old wav file. this made the beeps silent and actually made the response time better. Anyway just read the first post in this link viewtopic.php?f=34&t=17249&hilit=+silence.wav

Here are my latest pics. My new data file has everything Cmh928 has in his. I modified it to look like my previous mod but with all the additions. I also included Boris' POI file so you can search for POI's around an address. If you want to use my file when i post it, you will have to download all of CMH928's mods, follow those directions and just substitute my data file and sys.txt file instead of his. I also included my sys.txt file as well but i do not include the smaller arrow, that doesn't bother me. If you want the arrow smaller just copy and paste this under [map] in my sys.txt file:

3d_scale_carmodel=1

3dcarsizemin=3500

3dcarsizemax=5000

3dcarsizemul=30000

That's it simple, I hope.

Here is the link, it is the same as the one that Cmh928 posted below

ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us/GNasr74

one question I have is how do I get the 3d buildings to show up. I installed the aio but have YET to see ANY buildings.

BTW looking forward to the new AIO, are you going to post up a compleat list of thats been changed in this one before you put it up (hoping you added the remove zoom/tilt thing to it... lol)

Just uploaded GNasr's latest to the FTP.

ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us/GNasr74

All the files you need to see buildings are in the AIO, but if there are no 3D buildings in the map data for your area, you won't see any. Plot a course through Chicago or any other big city, and they'll be there. The pause and play buttons are only visible in simulation mode, not while actually navigating.

The current data.zips posted on the FTP have the 3D tilt mod already. The AIO's will be updated when I finsh Samantha to my liking. If you already have an AIO downloaded, using your PC you can drop the new data.zip into Mitacap\apl2\IGo\ and it will auto-install it for you.

As said numerous times before on here.... To remove the Guga Theme, delete image.res under the mitacap\apl\ folder before you put the card into the avic.