AVIC411.com

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cmh I installed your software and I am very pleased with it - it works great! One question though, I did notice that now I do not see as many street names on the map when driving - maybe it is one of the settings I need to change or is it how this software is? Could you please let me know what I need to do to get it to show up more street names? Thanks again for a great piece of work! :D

Cmh I installed your software and I am very pleased with it - it works great! One question though, I did notice that now I do not see as many street names on the map when driving - maybe it is one of the settings I need to change or is it how this software is? Could you please let me know what I need to do to get it to show up more street names? Thanks again for a great piece of work! :D

i added a file called clip_planes.ini into my ui pioneer/ common folder. I would attach the file but the forum doesn't allow the extension. What you can do is download my file and open the data.zip and extract the file i named and add it into your data.zip file and that should do the trick.

I have a high resolution dem file that i would like to use but i read somewhere that it is too large to use and that you have to run it off of an sd card. do you know anything about this cmh928?

i've read somewhere that someone was able to use it but he had to delete some maps to accomodate the size of the DEM

I have a high resolution dem file that i would like to use but i read somewhere that it is too large to use and that you have to run it off of an sd card. do you know anything about this cmh928?

i've read somewhere that someone was able to use it but he had to delete some maps to accomodate the size of the DEM

your right i think they had deleted some of their canadian files. i was asking because it seems like dpdurst was using in his mod but he might have deleted some files as well.

Here are my latest pics.

What files do you have to modify to overlay the POI icons on the map like that? That is pretty awesome.

Also, thanks to Cmh for making such an easy to use mod, and to everyone else that contributed to it. I've been using the vanilla 2.0 software for a couple of weeks, and it's amazing how much it's been improved.

Here are my latest pics.

What files do you have to modify to overlay the POI icons on the map like that? That is pretty awesome.

Also, thanks to Cmh for making such an easy to use mod, and to everyone else that contributed to it. I've been using the vanilla 2.0 software for a couple of weeks, and it's amazing how much it's been improved.

go to destination and hit the poi button then at the bottom hit manage poi. that is where you turn on and off the poi.

gnars i tried using ur clip planes file but it still isn't where it used to be when I was previously using Mav's mod. Also, do you know what the settings were for the default tilt settings because the tilt setting is bugging me lol

unless your using a modded sys.txt file, you won't be able to have a horizon. If you are using my or a modified sys.txt, then look for

[interface]

defaulttilt3d=7800 - change 7800 to whatever horizon you like

gnars i tried using ur clip planes file but it still isn't where it used to be when I was previously using Mav's mod. Also, do you know what the settings were for the default tilt settings because the tilt setting is bugging me lol

if that doesn't work, try unzipping your scheme file that you are using and copy the clip_planes file in there and paste it into your ui pioneer/ common folder in the data.zip. That might work.

i added a file called clip_planes.ini into my ui pioneer/ common folder. I would attach the file but the forum doesn't allow the extension. What you can do is download my file and open the data.zip and extract the file i named and add it into your data.zip file and that should do the trick.

My file already has the clip_planes mod in it. More than likely it is related to the default 3D angle as well as colorscheme being used. more tilt=fewer names.

This is controlled in sys.txt. The clip-planes file deals with 3D buildings showing up in different colorschemes,

The important bit in sys.txt is under [smartzoom] min and max 3d angles.

You can also just turn smartzoom off and turn 3D Tilt buttons on to change the angle to whatever you like.