AVIC411.com

I Would, but with my dyslexia I don't like to mess around with code too much. I have heard that if you don't use a certain program to unzip/zip the files it might mess them up in a way that the avic wont read them correctly? is this true (i need to know b/c I'm on a mac and i can't use the program they say to zip the data.zip back up with.

I have evrything in my mod except the ability to click the compass and change the night day mode. I guess if you want that as well I can add it tomorrow. Right now my compass changes the route itinerary when you click it when you are in route. Other than that my mod has everything that Cmh has

cool, thx for the info, my biggest thing was having the tilt/zoom thing turned off.

That and the MSN button,I know your mod does not have that, but maybe you could add it like Cmh928's, But it would be nice to have that below the compass always on so that way there is a quick link to history AND MSN, and the msn is available while in route to quick look up near gas stations and prices (thats what i use it for)

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why don't you pick a button across the top that you don't use and replace the code with that of the history button. The whole point of this mod is to keep the map screen as wide-open as possible.

Well, I do use them, and like i said before, if i could code it myself i would, but untill i get a newer intel mac it does not seem like i will be able to work with the files right, But then again I might have done it right the last time, but my dyslexia might have come into play and i messed up the coding the last time i tried. I'll try again tonight while at work to try redoing it again.

BUT if I had to pick one button to replace it with, that would be the sat status button. Its nice to have but not something i need to have ready all the time

7zip is not available for osx, can I just use winrar for mac? Scott

Should work as well.

One thing to look for with Macs, they tend to add the whole resource fork (hidden files starting with _) to the archive. While not critical, it is better to keep extraneous files out of DATA.ZIP

There's something on the FTP for you DJDisturbed.

ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us/cmh928/

This has the latest branding POIs in it as well. Not quite sure if I like them.

Speedway gas is about the only thing that shows up around here and I hate the bread icon for food.

Latest SamHybridTTS is in it as well.

Orange clock and CurrentStreet background in the same dark blue as the route info boxes helps readability.

Let me know what you think.

I Would, but with my dyslexia I don't like to mess around with code too much. I have heard that if you don't use a certain program to unzip/zip the files it might mess them up in a way that the avic wont read them correctly? is this true (i need to know b/c I'm on a mac and i can't use the program they say to zip the data.zip back up with.

I have evrything in my mod except the ability to click the compass and change the night day mode. I guess if you want that as well I can add it tomorrow. Right now my compass changes the route itinerary when you click it when you are in route. Other than that my mod has everything that Cmh has

cool, thx for the info, my biggest thing was having the tilt/zoom thing turned off.

That and the MSN button,I know your mod does not have that, but maybe you could add it like Cmh928's, But it would be nice to have that below the compass always on so that way there is a quick link to history AND MSN, and the msn is available while in route to quick look up near gas stations and prices (thats what i use it for)

my mod has the tilt on/ off but doesnt have msn icon since i dont have msn. if you are still interested i can easily add the msn icon. let me know.

Cmh928, incredible work overall! One quick question- I live in Calgary, Canada and am wondering if I can add the 45 green and red light cameras (yes we have both!) through Avic Feeds? I am grateful for all of your hard work and the addition of the traffic cam info but am not sure on how to add new ones other than touching the map.

I added all of my cities cameras as POI's but that doesn't give me the audio or visual alerts that I want. Since I only have the intersection addresses for all of the cameras, its difficult to add them individually as I don't have a specific street address for each.

Any suggestions would be great.....I've only installed my system yesterday but only purchased it because of this forum and b/c of all the hard work by people like you and the avic's ability to alert me of traffic cams.

There's something on the FTP for you DJDisturbed.

ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us/cmh928/

This has the latest branding POIs in it as well. Not quite sure if I like them.

Speedway gas is about the only thing that shows up around here and I hate the bread icon for food.

Latest SamHybridTTS is in it as well.

Orange clock and CurrentStreet background in the same dark blue as the route info boxes helps readability.

Let me know what you think.

Cool, I'll give it a try in a bit once the rain lets up. Then all try it out overnight (35 min drive to and from work will give me a chance to see how I like it) and let you know. Thx for the help!!!!

my mod has the tilt on/ off but doesnt have msn icon since i dont have msn. if you are still interested i can easily add the msn icon. let me know.

I'm going to give Cmh's newest one a try tonight, but if you feel like making one with MSN on it also then I'm sure others would appreciate it as well. I like you bigger clock up top, But I'm also torn between the normal compass (easy to read at quick glance,useless in 2d mode) and the linear Compass (looks better, More useful in 2d mode, but harder to read at a quick glance).

these are kinda what i was thinking about, or put the MSN there the navi status button is (icons cut and pasted, not to scale, but just to show where) I know it starts to take up more of the screen, BUT since my main concern is the middle of the screen to see where it says to go I don't mind that little bit of edge taken up if it means quicker access to shortcuts i use, plus it solves the lenear/original compass issue for me.

I added all of my cities cameras as POI's but that doesn't give me the audio or visual alerts that I want. Since I only have the intersection addresses for all of the cameras, its difficult to add them individually as I don't have a specific street address for each.

This is off topic for this thread. Try asking in a speedcamera thread. I already included the latest speedcam.txt in the AIO. If it doesn't have your city's cameras, you'll need to either add them manually using the cursor icon, or find a site that lists them in IGo format.

BTW, I found a program that allows me to access the files within the DATA.zip without un-zipping them, BUT it wont let me put them back in to the zip once i'm done changing things.. so i'll keep searching for a program that works well, once i find one I'll post it up for mac users to know what to use!

I have been browzing through the file structure of the DATA.ZIP you made for Disturbed and was noticing the POI's, (poi_brand_XXX.spr)files in the COMMON file and I saw some (i.e. Fast Food) that are not currently in my file yet I am using the Branded POI's that I downloaded from here. albeit somewhat sketchy as far as adding them. There is now and extra folder called "UI_pioneer" in the flash disk in the IGO/APL2 directory that houses these in that directory and an .ini file called "Branding.ini" in the root that calls these up.

So then I need not bother manually adding these to my current DATA.ZIP??

Thanx,

Bud

The ones in apl2\igo will override anything found in the data.zip. Unless you have the latest POIs installed for your region, this is kinda pointless as there are no fast-food sub-categories in the POI setup screens using the original files.

I honestly don't feel they were worth the effort and I hate the bread icon for restaurants. I will be changing that soon.