AVIC411.com

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To all those whining about needing a BigClock. I posted a new data.zip to the FTP.

ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us/cmh928/BigClock

The BigClock-Auto.zip will install both the data.zip and the newest SamHybridTTS voice. It is not an all-in-one files. Only those 2 mods are included.

As usual, just unzip the 2 folders to the root of a freshly formatted SD-card.

do you have any pics of the big clock mod please?

Nope, but I made it easy enough to install that you can try it out to see if you like it.

Uploaded a new version of Data.zip to the FTP. The RouteInfo is now moved up to join the other 2 blue boxes. Stop and Mute are moved down to the bottom. Orange clock on blue background for better legibility. Branded POIs included in data.zip. These work best with the newest IGo 8.3 POIs installed as you can control them better. (Don't ask me for the files, use search and they are listed in another thread.)

Made a smaller Auto-installer for just the Data.zip and TTS Voice.

ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us/cmh928/

It is valid your mod for EU models?. In principle data.zip should be not related to versions but at first read it seems that is at least only tested on USA models.

Anyone has tested it on EU model?,

Has anyone done on a EU data.zip)

Great mods Cmh! I've been following your work for a while now and have been quite impressed. Just checked out the big clock and think it looks great. I've got a noobish question though. I'm trying to set the tilt and zoom on the nav screen as close to factory default again and can't seem to find the correct settings. I've searched over the forum trying to find the correct zoom and tilt levels but I haven't had any luck. Tried 7800 but it still looked the same. Would you happend to know the default settings or would it be ok to remove that code from the sys.txt file. to get default settings. Really don't want to brick my unit. Thanks for any help you can provide

Fingernv

ok.. added the new branding to my data.zip and i keep getting a errorr saying that igo cant find branding file and must quit. I'll go back and look for what i did wrong, but advice on what to look for would be helpful

EDIT... FIXED, i didnt see a few files in the common folder. working 100% now.

GN, Try this. Just copy my entire setting.ui to your data.zip. Replace your compass code with this one.

;Compass

;End Compass

Awesome mods!

I was pretty psyched about this night mode change until I tried it. It appears to change the screen colors to darker ones for the night mode. Is there any way to have it change the backlight level or is that hardwired from the illumination signal in the harness? I assume it's not hardcoded since it can be adjusted. I'd like to be able to manually toggle between low and high backlighting. We have a law here that says we have to use our headlights when it's raining and I can't see the headunit when it's that dim. If I turn it up, I get blinded by it at night. It seems I can't win. If I have to, I'll hard wire a switch in to the illumnation signal, but I was hoping to avoid that.

Awesome mods!

I was pretty psyched about this night mode change until I tried it. It appears to change the screen colors to darker ones for the night mode. Is there any way to have it change the backlight level or is that hardwired from the illumination signal in the harness? I assume it's not hardcoded since it can be adjusted. I'd like to be able to manually toggle between low and high backlighting.

You can't access radio menus from the Nav screen. Shortcut for backlighting has always been to just hold down the Map button for 3 seconds. You could always put a toggle switch on the illumination wire as well. I wired mine to my auto-headlamps sensor. Even with headlights on, it won't dim the display until it gets dark out.

It is valid your mod for EU models?. In principle data.zip should be not related to versions but at first read it seems that is at least only tested on USA models.

Anyone has tested it on EU model?,

Has anyone done on a EU data.zip)

The data.zip will work fine. If you DL the All-in-one, just delete the files from the mitacap\apl2\igo\content\Building folder as they would just take up space on the avic.

Change mitacap\apl2\igo\content\MapDBInfo.txt to read:

Area: EW

IntegrationVersion: 01.000600

BaseContents: content_v142

lang: lang_data_download_080630

voice: voice_data_download_080707

Mitacap\apl2\igo\Sys.txt [Device] Type="PIONEER746EW" would need modified. The Guga theme should work fine, but not all Sat/HD radio icons will be available. Everything else should work A-OK.

Posted some new versions of the AIOs to the FTP.

Also created a BigClock-NoMSN version.

If you want a BigClock AIO, just DL the normal AIO then grab a BigClock-Auto of your choice.

Run the Full auto-installer and then the BigClock only one.

Posted some new versions of the AIOs to the FTP.

Also created a BigClock-NoMSN version.

If you want a BigClock AIO, just DL the normal AIO then grab a BigClock-Auto of your choice.

Run the Full auto-installer and then the BigClock only one.

CMH, this data zip just changes the clock, right? Nothing else (besides the Hybrid TTS)?