AVIC411.com

You can try MacRAR or the Unix 7-Zip with a Mac frontend> http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/19139

The code is contained in data.zip\ui_pioneer\800_480\ui\navigatemap_800_480.ui

If you can text edit the file without extracting, that is the safest bet.

;time

In the code above, the clock can be moved to anywhere x=200-720 y=160-400 without interfering with other icons. Outside of those ranges you will have to experiment. This will give you room for a fontsize=32 or more. w=65 is the maximum width. It will need to be up to w=100 if you choose a large fontsize.

The hex color=#FFFFFF (white text) and Color2=#000000 (black outline) can be chosen from http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

Align=left, right, or center ; valign=top, center, or bottom controls how it will be lined up within the defined space.

Keep a backup of the original data.zip in case the avic hangs at reboot.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cmh928 does not work...can you help?

I loaded your mods just like instructed. Seemed to work fine, except when the unit starts up now, it hangs on the splash screen and recycles to off, then back on again without getting past the "System is starting up...Please Wait" screen.

I tried to re-load my back-up Igo file, but problem is still there. (My backup is good because it has saved me in the past)

I noticed that even after re-loading my backup Igo, though, you new icons for the top menu are still in place.

Also, I am able to select the audio button and get the radio working...at least until the unit shuts doen and starts all over again.

Any thoughts or help appreciated.

Thanks

jmuenni

PS: sorry if this is addressed in the 17 pages herein...I just plain did not have time to read them all between mowing the grass and painting a bedroom. :)

I, too, have a yard, garden, house, rental property, etc. I have spent countless hours over the 45 days I've actually owned the Avic making it better and then posting as complete as possible a mod as anyone has ever done. All while making sure along the way to keep it as simple as possible. Yet everyone seems to think they don't have time to read the first post, the !readme!, and the rest of the thread BEFORE installing any mods.

Your question has been answered several times in the thread. It is data corruption as evidenced by the fact that even restoring your old files doesn't work. Re-read, re-download, re-format SD card, extract using 7-zip, re-install.

Well, I tried to change the clock color and re-zip the data.zip but when i installed it into the f90 all i got was a hand on the system is starting screen, So i guess I will have to find a way to zip the files into what the f90 can read from a mac. I was able to revert back to the original data.zip that came with your mod so no big deal. thx for the help anyways!!! Now if gnasr74 updates his mod with some of your newer updates I will be happy, but i can live with the way your is till then! Thx for a great mod anyway!!!!

cmh928 does not work...can you help?

I loaded your mods just like instructed. Seemed to work fine, except when the unit starts up now, it hangs on the splash screen and recycles to off, then back on again without getting past the "System is starting up...Please Wait" screen.

I tried to re-load my back-up Igo file, but problem is still there. (My backup is good because it has saved me in the past)

I noticed that even after re-loading my backup Igo, though, you new icons for the top menu are still in place.

Also, I am able to select the audio button and get the radio working...at least until the unit shuts doen and starts all over again.

Any thoughts or help appreciated.

Thanks

jmuenni

PS: sorry if this is addressed in the 17 pages herein...I just plain did not have time to read them all between mowing the grass and painting a bedroom. :)

OK, I have spent 3 maybe 4 hours reading this thread...I cannot find the ANSWER TO MY PROBLEM.

Found a post that said to delete gpspara0.bin, gpspara1.bin, gpspara2.bin and gpspara3.bin ...no good.

I DID read your instructions and I did re-download to a freshly formatted sd. My unit will not boot!

Before loading your mods, I was running dpdurst mods with no probs. I also had 2008.1 maps and high res.dem file.

If anyone can help or point to where I can get help for my f700, It would be appreciated!!!

I'm a nubie, not a code writer. But I can certainly maneuver around files with no problem.

Problem for me is that after reading so much on so many threads, my head is spinning and I can't seem to find any specific answers. :(

Thanks in advance. :)

OK, I have spent 3 maybe 4 hours reading this thread...I cannot find the ANSWER TO MY PROBLEM.

Found a post that said to delete gpspara0.bin, gpspara1.bin, gpspara2.bin and gpspara3.bin ...no good.

I DID read your instructions and I did re-download to a freshly formatted sd. My unit will not boot!

Before loading your mods, I was running dpdurst mods with no probs. I also had 2008.1 maps and high res.dem file.

If anyone can help or point to where I can get help for my f700, It would be appreciated!!!

I'm a nubie, not a code writer. But I can certainly maneuver around files with no problem.

Problem for me is that after reading so much on so many threads, my head is spinning and I can't seem to find any specific answers. :(

Thanks in advance. :)

The only files that I know for sure are safe to delete and may help with reboots are the files under User\userdata on MyFlashDrive. The gpspara files exist in my OEM backup.

I would start restoring one folder at a time from your original backup. Try the root folder files first, then APL, then APL2. You definitely have a corruption problem. Might be a bad SD-card (they do have a set lifespan), might be a bad SD-Reader in the avic, or possibly just had a windows file error.

I Would, but with my dyslexia I don't like to mess around with code too much. I have heard that if you don't use a certain program to unzip/zip the files it might mess them up in a way that the avic wont read them correctly? is this true (i need to know b/c I'm on a mac and i can't use the program they say to zip the data.zip back up with.

I have evrything in my mod except the ability to click the compass and change the night day mode. I guess if you want that as well I can add it tomorrow. Right now my compass changes the route itinerary when you click it when you are in route. Other than that my mod has everything that Cmh has

if i have the speed limit mod in my unit then it must have been connected. I just didn't know what vss stood for, I installed the device with my friend and we connected that wire. Is there a new firmware out, 2.005000, and is this necessary to install. Will it work with our mods?