AVIC411.com

I have a high resolution dem file that i would like to use but i read somewhere that it is too large to use and that you have to run it off of an sd card. do you know anything about this cmh928?

i've read somewhere that someone was able to use it but he had to delete some maps to accomodate the size of the DEM

Yes, it will fit if you dump a few maps. I tried it briefly and removed it. The cpu is already taxed to the limit if you have everything 3D cranked up and this just makes it too slow to justify it.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CMH, have you added the newest data.zip and Samanta TTS mod to the AIO? Last I read, you were going for a test drive with her and would post soon. Thanks.

Mike

Sheesh! Can't a guy take a day off for Easter!

I took my long drive yesterday and decided that no matter how long I work on Samantha, I'm not going to be happy with her. I now have 2 versions: The one included in the AIO that is hybrid TTS and actual samples, and the one in SamTTS-Auto that is pure TTS with my latest rule changes. The sampled voice is more natural by far, but the pure TTS sounds more consistent. Install the AIO. If you don't like it, grab SamTTS-Auto and try it.

Uploading now. As always.. Be patient and give them 30 minutes before you try to DL them.

CMH, have you added the newest data.zip and Samanta TTS mod to the AIO? Last I read, you were going for a test drive with her and would post soon. Thanks.

Mike

Sheesh! Can't a guy take a day off for Easter!

I took my long drive yesterday and decided that no matter how long I work on Samantha, I'm not going to be happy with her. I now have 2 versions: The one included in the AIO that is hybrid TTS and actual samples, and the one in SamTTS-Auto that is pure TTS with my latest rule changes. The sampled voice is more natural by far, but the pure TTS sounds more consistent. Install the AIO. If you don't like it, grab SamTTS-Auto and try it.

Uploading now. As always.. Be patient and give them 30 minutes before you try to DL them.

Easter? What's Easter?

Not pushing...thanks for all your hard work, helping out the poor schmucks like me.

You need to go under NaviSettings and choose visible distances for each POI category. Refer to owner's manual for details. It is a tedious bit of setup.

I'm uploading new versions of the AIO files with my latest SamanthaTTS mod. This is the only change from the ones that I posted 2 days ago. I am basically happy with her now.

She is available as a standalone upgrade under SamHybridTTS-Auto.zip as well.

Install is identical to the other AIO files. Unzip 2 folders to root of SD card and boot the Avic from it. Wait for Green box to appear, Pull card and reboot.

ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us/cmh928

2 questions guys

Everything works great im just wondering if its possible to change i cant remember where but in the navigation settings it says like car, pedestrian, truck, taxi like what is the purpose of that ? and when i select something like truck or anything it reverts back to car is it possible just to have the big arrow back in 2mode ... also my 2nd question is there anyway in 2D mode to have the map allways like change position with the vehicle instead of only staying facing north for instance like if the vehicle is going west bound the map rotates with the vehicle if that makes sense ?

In short, no, the 2D always has north up. There is a way to get the 3d to look like the 2d for the most part, and have much the same effect. I'm pretty sure it's in this thread.

I still haven't figured out the POIs on 3D though, I have them set to medium, and they show up fine in 2D, but 3D shows no POIs.

2 questions guys

Everything works great im just wondering if its possible to change i cant remember where but in the navigation settings it says like car, pedestrian, truck, taxi like what is the purpose of that ? and when i select something like truck or anything it reverts back to car is it possible just to have the big arrow back in 2mode ... also my 2nd question is there anyway in 2D mode to have the map allways like change position with the vehicle instead of only staying facing north for instance like if the vehicle is going west bound the map rotates with the vehicle if that makes sense ?

if your looking to make the little car the stock arrow, then paste these two bmps into ui pioneer/ common folder in your data.zip file. otherwise yuo will have to open the car image in photoshop and change the color to black from red.

in the navigation settings it says like car, pedestrian, truck, taxi like what is the purpose of that ?

This changes how software generates routes. I.e., in pedestrian mode (mostly applicable to F500, of course) it will ignore one-way street restrictions, route you through alleys etc. For trucks it might avoid low bridges and stuff like that.

Anyone find a fix for the reboots without a gps signal problem? I have a F500 and backed out the cmh's updates even though I loved them because of the reboot issue as it was getting way too annoying. I would wait a minute after I got a signal and the thing would still reboot on me. Happened way too frequently. Everything else worked great!