AVIC411.com

This is a general question not related to this mod; however, on my navi, it lags my position. For example, it says i crossed STREET A but i just passed STREET A like 2 seconds ago; however, once i come to a full stop, the positioning is spot on.

I am having the same issue. If anyone knows a fix for this, it would be great. I actually have missed a couple of turns before i got used to it.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

by crimsontide on Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:14 pm

Anyone find a fix for the reboots without a gps signal problem? I have a F500 and backed out the cmh's updates even though I loved them because of the reboot issue as it was getting way too annoying. I would wait a minute after I got a signal and the thing would still reboot on me. Happened way too frequently. Everything else worked great!

I would guess this to be mainly an F500 issue. I personally don't ever have any reboots unless I hit the "Home" icon the instant the navi screen comes up before GPS is green. If I am in route when I turn the car off, It does take a bit longer to boot than normal. Still, no more than 40 seconds from key on, it starts barking navi commands.

Most changes in the F500 are in sys.txt, but there may be a few other changes. Dumpystig would know best.

Look under the troubleshooting section of the forums. Reboots are normally due to corrupt data. Alot of the time it is in the User Data folders. All it takes is one file in your history or favorites being corrupted. Plenty of un-modded units have reboot issues.

I personally have my bluetooth turned off and don't leave an SD card in the unit if I'm not using it. This helps boot time and is one less thing to cause a crash.

If you get a windows error message, that I can fix! Just write down the exact message.

If a ui makes a call to something that doesn't exist or a file that it can't find, it will pop up an error, not just reboot. I believe all of those errors are long gone, though.

2 questions guys

Everything works great im just wondering if its possible to change i cant remember where but in the navigation settings it says like car, pedestrian, truck, taxi like what is the purpose of that ? and when i select something like truck or anything it reverts back to car is it possible just to have the big arrow back in 2mode ... also my 2nd question is there anyway in 2D mode to have the map allways like change position with the vehicle instead of only staying facing north for instance like if the vehicle is going west bound the map rotates with the vehicle if that makes sense ?

if your looking to make the little car the stock arrow, then paste these two bmps into ui pioneer/ common folder in your data.zip file. otherwise yuo will have to open the car image in photoshop and change the color to black from red.

thanks for the reply

in the navigation settings it says like car, pedestrian, truck, taxi like what is the purpose of that ?

This changes how software generates routes. I.e., in pedestrian mode (mostly applicable to F500, of course) it will ignore one-way street restrictions, route you through alleys etc. For trucks it might avoid low bridges and stuff like that.

Haha oh ok man thanks for the reply its good to know that info I was just wondering what the differences were between them.

This is a terrific upgrade over the way the system comes. Thank you so much for the changes that you have made.

I do have one small issue however and I can't pinpoint what is causing it. Since installing the AOI the map displays water the same color as the surrounding land so you can not distinguish land from water. It happens on all water except the ocean. I have tried several different themes but it doesn't make a difference. Any ideas?

Thanks again for the great changes.

R

I see that there's a new version up from yesterday, so I'll try that one, too...

But has anyone else had troubles with MSN Direct? I had access when I first installed CMH's mod, and when I installed from the self-installer on 4/6, I haven't been able to get any info from the service. It just always says "Connecting to MSN Direct" I doubt the mod has anything to do with it, but I suppose it's possible that a file could have been edited that breaks the communication to MSN Direct.

Any suggestions?

Also, is there a version history for this mod? (added, changed, fixed, etc) I subscribed to this thread, but for some reason I hadn't gotten any email updates for a while, and now I'm out of the loop.

Thanks!

Look under the troubleshooting section of the forums. Reboots are normally due to corrupt data. Alot of the time it is in the User Data folders. All it takes is one file in your history or favorites being corrupted. Plenty of un-modded units have reboot issues.

I personally have my bluetooth turned off and don't leave an SD card in the unit if I'm not using it. This helps boot time and is one less thing to cause a crash.

If you get a windows error message, that I can fix! Just write down the exact message.

If a ui makes a call to something that doesn't exist or a file that it can't find, it will pop up an error, not just reboot. I believe all of those errors are long gone, though.

I agree, all the reboot issues have been hammered out and the reboot is probably not due to one of the mods. I use bluetooth and have an SD card in all the time and no errors. It boots up pretty quickly too. The only problem I have is that navi lags my position. For example, it says i crossed STREET A but i just passed STREET A like 2 seconds ago; however, once i come to a full stop, the positioning is spot on. Other than that I love my mod and it makes the unit so much better.

Got my unit back from Pioneer. They had to replace the PCB :x

Anywho, Now that I have dumped back in the latest and greatest I have one issue. I uploaded the Sam_hybrid and I notice that I do not get any spoken anything when I go to adjust the "voice" scroll bar but I do with the latest Sam_TTS.

Is this a glitch in the oridinals of the file?

Thanx,

Bud

I see that there's a new version up from yesterday, so I'll try that one, too...

But has anyone else had troubles with MSN Direct? I had access when I first installed CMH's mod, and when I installed from the self-installer on 4/6, I haven't been able to get any info from the service. It just always says "Connecting to MSN Direct" I doubt the mod has anything to do with it, but I suppose it's possible that a file could have been edited that breaks the communication to MSN Direct.

Any suggestions?

Also, is there a version history for this mod? (added, changed, fixed, etc) I subscribed to this thread, but for some reason I hadn't gotten any email updates for a while, and now I'm out of the loop.

Thanks!

There's a version history at the bottom of the !Readme!. Many users report MSN has issues just from entering Testmode even without installing files. I have never had a problem beyond it having to reload movie times and stuff all over each time I install a mod. The mod doesn't touch ANYTHING MSN related. It is just the way Testmode causes a reset.

There are 2 small butterflies on the MSN screen. Tap the left one and then tap the right one. It may take a few tries, but this brings up diagnostics. Make sure your antenna is up and hooked directly to the Avic, not to an HD tuner module.

Got my unit back from Pioneer. They had to replace the PCB :x

Anywho, Now that I have dumped back in the latest and greatest I have one issue. I uploaded the Sam_hybrid and I notice that I do not get any spoken anything when I go to adjust the "voice" scroll bar but I do with the latest Sam_TTS.

Is this a glitch in the oridinals of the file?

Thanx,

Bud

It should have Marvin from HHGTTG bitching about his plot in life. If you make changes to what I have it say under Test in the info.ini without including a new OGG to match, then it won't say anything.

You also don't need anything but the AIO as it installs SamHybrid by default.

I agree, all the reboot issues have been hammered out and the reboot is probably not due to one of the mods. I use bluetooth and have an SD card in all the time and no errors. It boots up pretty quickly too. The only problem I have is that navi lags my position. For example, it says i crossed STREET A but i just passed STREET A like 2 seconds ago; however, once i come to a full stop, the positioning is spot on. Other than that I love my mod and it makes the unit so much better.

GPS will always lag by at least 1 second as that is how often it gets updates from the satellites. Hooking the VSS wire up on the F900/F90 helps, too.

There's a version history at the bottom of the !Readme!. Many users report MSN has issues just from entering Testmode even without installing files. I have never had a problem beyond it having to reload movie times and stuff all over each time I install a mod. The mod doesn't touch ANYTHING MSN related. It is just the way Testmode causes a reset.

There are 2 small butterflies on the MSN screen. Tap the left one and then tap the right one. It may take a few tries, but this brings up diagnostics. Make sure your antenna is up and hooked directly to the Avic, not to an HD tuner module.

My !Readme! was practically unreadable because it opened in NotePad. But, I just opened it in WordPad, and it looks great. I'm glad you did away with the clock glow... and I can't wait to hear Samantha. Everything she says sounds like a question. I'd prefer my GPS to sound confident when telling me where to go.

I'll try the MSN Direct thing. I've wondered what the dual butterflies were for. I've never pressed them both in sequence. I don't have an HD Radio Tuner, and my FM radio works... plus... my antenna isn't retractable, so I don't know what the problem could be. Would reloading any specific files help me out? Anything I can do in testmode to get it working again?