AVIC411.com

There's something on the FTP for you DJDisturbed.

ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us/cmh928/

This has the latest branding POIs in it as well. Not quite sure if I like them.

Speedway gas is about the only thing that shows up around here and I hate the bread icon for food.

Latest SamHybridTTS is in it as well.

Orange clock and CurrentStreet background in the same dark blue as the route info boxes helps readability.

Let me know what you think.

ok, looks good, just about there, BUT it would still be nice to have the MSN button available while in route as well b/c thats when i use it the most. most of the time when i'm not using a route, I already know the area well enough and know the gas station around and what ones have the lowest prices normally. BUT if I'm having to find a location is when MSN comes in the most handy.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, now I got it to work and can now start tweeking the mods, added the linear compass to gnar's mod, moved the original compass down and added msn below that (still have to adjust the spacing, but like i put up in the picts above) but now I can't find the coding in Cmh mod that makes the day/night change when you hit the linear compass and make it so that the MSN does not dissapear when i go into a route.

ok and i got what "x" ( - ) and what "y" ( | ) is but what does the "z" variable control.

OK, now I got it to work and can now start tweeking the mods, added the linear compass to gnar's mod, moved the original compass down and added msn below that (still have to adjust the spacing, but like i put up in the picts above) but now I can't find the coding in Cmh mod that makes the day/night change when you hit the linear compass and make it so that the MSN does not dissapear when i go into a route.

ok and i got what "x" ( - ) and what "y" ( | ) is but what does the "z" variable control.

Я is stacking order on the screen. Items with higher Z value will appear in front of items with lower Z value.

Я is stacking order on the screen. Items with higher Z value will appear in front of items with lower Z value.

thats what i thought but wanted to make sure

I like your entire mod, except for a few things.

I liked the Big Clock Like MAverick Had in the upper right corner

I liked the 55/65 speed limit in the lwoer corner where you jsut have the current speed

I liked the original voice for "Over the speed limit", and other voices liek recalculating and off route, ect.

I figured out how to move the clock but the speed limit sign covers it.

Would you be able to mod me a file that puts only the vocie files back like over speed and off route, ect and remove the speed limit sign, and put the speed limit in the lwoer left in the 55/65mph format? I can move the clock myself

Thanks for your help

I like your entire mod, except for a few things.

I liked the Big Clock Like MAverick Had in the upper right corner

I liked the 55/65 speed limit in the lwoer corner where you jsut have the current speed

I liked the original voice for "Over the speed limit", and other voices liek recalculating and off route, ect.

I figured out how to move the clock but the speed limit sign covers it.

Would you be able to mod me a file that puts only the vocie files back like over speed and off route, ect and remove the speed limit sign, and put the speed limit in the lwoer left in the 55/65mph format? I can move the clock myself

Thanks for your help

He has a few of those already ready in other files on his download site (read through the thread to find them), as forthe clock, try gnasr data.zip with this mod and see if you like that (also in the thread around page 13). Once I finish figuring out a few things with mine (just waiting for Cmh to respond to my post) I'll see if i can make my variation on his/gnasr mod available. still got a few bug to iron out (damn dyslexia.. lol)

ok, looks good, just about there, BUT it would still be nice to have the MSN button available while in route as well b/c thats when i use it the most. most of the time when i'm not using a route, I already know the area well enough and know the gas station around and what ones have the lowest prices normally. BUT if I'm having to find a location is when MSN comes in the most handy.

You'll need to move the MSN button further to the right next to the cursor button, then remove (visiblemodel="!navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid") from the button's script. Just swap the x values with the ones for setting_onmap.bmp. You'll then need to reduce the NextStreetName text width to around w=300.

The Day/Night Toggle script is in the settings.ui file in the common\ui folder.

You'll need to move the MSN button further to the right next to the cursor button, then remove (visiblemodel="!navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid") from the button's script. Just swap the x values with the ones for setting_onmap.bmp. You'll then need to reduce the NextStreetName text width to around w=300.

The Day/Night Toggle script is in the settings.ui file in the common\ui folder.

The MSN button is moved to the right side of the screen below the clock and compasses so its out of the way (I'm useing gnasr data.zip as a bace and pulling code from your data.zip to get it set up). I looked in the settings.ui file but not closely, i'll check that tomorrow and fix it (compair the one from gnasr to yours and find the diff.) still a little fuzzy of getting it to stay while in route mode but ill look and see if i can figure it out based on what you posted ( if that waswhat that was for) thanks alot for all your help so far, sry about hijacking your thread a little but its been realy helpful!

ok deleated the (visiblemodel="!navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid")

i copied your setting.ui into the setting.ui in mine (only a small diff in code)

i could not find the setting_onmap.bmp file ( thats the part i was getting fuzzy about trying to figure out what you ment)

My screen set up looks like the picts i put up a few post back, just not getting the MSN with route yet.

now i'm getting a reboot, musta done something wrong anymore tips would be helpful, but now going to bed, will work on it in the morn

ok deleated the (visiblemodel="!navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid")

i copied your setting.ui into the setting.ui in mine (only a small diff in code)

i could not find the setting_onmap.bmp file ( thats the part i was getting fuzzy about trying to figure out what you ment)

My screen set up looks like the picts i put up a few post back, just not getting the MSN with route yet.

now i'm getting a reboot, musta done something wrong anymore tips would be helpful, but now going to bed, will work on it in the morn

Sorry I am an architect and I have been busy with deadlines of late. But I see you already started modding my file with what you are looking for. Good job. Let me know if i can help. I will download cmh's latest mod and check out the code for the compass today.

Hi cmh,

1 question - I am trying to integrate the day night mode toggle with my compass. This is my compass code:

;Compass

;

and I know I need to use your seeting.ui and add this code to my navigate 800_480.ui file:

onrelease='run sc_ToggleDNMode' onclick='playsound "!button"

where do i add that to the code above?

thanks for your help.