AVIC411.com

New Nav mod (Updated Mar 23, 2010) (Now 3.0 version)

Ok, I am new to this. And late to the party just installed unit last month. I have an FB90 and want to do this mod. I am in the US. I have a few questions if someone would kindly answer them it would be appreciated. I can do the mod I already changed my data.zip for speed so my copilot can use nav and watch movies.

1. Can I use this on the FB90?

2. This only changes the nav, all other features music, phone, etc and such still work the same?

Also one non related question:

3. Is it possible to play movies on Sdcard on my center dvd unit. DVD movies play there fine, But SD movie's only plays on the FB90 screen.

Thanks for the help,

JimmyJames

1. Yes, I am running it on on F90

2. Yes, all the mods here are navigation-related. Other than changing pictures, nobody hacked other parts of the unit yet.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to change the text output color to differentiate the map data speed from a guessed speed. I tried to change the color=0 to a yellow color (FFFF00) to no avail.

I couldn't locate where this is defined: FONTTYPE=font_speedlimit_below font="tahomabd" fontsize=34 color=0 in other ui's. This is also defined is this code for the actual map data speed:

Any help to direct to do this is greatly appreciated.

I'm using the latest version if it makes any difference.

It's in main_scheme.ui and startlang_scheme.ui in 800_480 (also copies in night versions).

I didn't have any luck with the changes. I changed all four referenced files. What I did was create a new template in each file listing the yellow color and renamed the fonttype in the navigate map file to the newly created fonttype. I also increased the z layer so it was higher than the map speed data. I must be missing something else......

I didn't have any luck with the changes. I changed all four referenced files. What I did was create a new template in each file listing the yellow color and renamed the fonttype in the navigate map file to the newly created fonttype. I also increased the z layer so it was higher than the map speed data. I must be missing something else......

Are you sure either of those is not being overridden in the navigatemap file? Might be time to ask Yuri...

OK, so I backup my data.zip file and then install this one. Do I have to change any other files. Someone mentioned sys.txt.

JimmyJames

If you used any other mods, you may need to clean the SAVE directory in USERDATA (keep favorites.dat though).

OK, so I backup my data.zip file and then install this one. Do I have to change any other files. Someone mentioned sys.txt.

JimmyJames

If you used any other mods, you may need to clean the SAVE directory in USERDATA (keep favorites.dat though).

Has anyone tried this in version 2.006?

Are you sure either of those is not being overridden in the navigatemap file? Might be time to ask Yuri...

Now that you mention that I think the color isn't workings based on the textmodel. It's calling for the speed limit number that's provided within the map data and asking the unit to display that number when you extend past the map data provided info. Am I interpreting this incorrectly?

textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed_limit.number_text" visiblemodel="navigation.near_speed_limit

Mr. Yuri - What I'd like to do if possible is have the unit display the near_speed_limit value a yellow color. This way I'll know if the data was verified as correct at one time instead of a guessed value. If it's not possible I'd rather have unit not display the guessed value at all.

By the way, the route simulation buttons look and operate great. Thanks for adding that in.

Now that you mention that I think the color isn't workings based on the textmodel. It's calling for the speed limit number that's provided within the map data and asking the unit to display that number when you extend past the map data provided info. Am I interpreting this incorrectly?

textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed_limit.number_text" visiblemodel="navigation.near_speed_limit

Mr. Yuri - What I'd like to do if possible is have the unit display the near_speed_limit value a yellow color. This way I'll know if the data was verified as correct at one time instead of a guessed value. If it's not possible I'd rather have unit not display the guessed value at all.

By the way, the route simulation buttons look and operate great. Thanks for adding that in.

Ah OK. There's no such thing as "guessed speed limit." Under some circumstances, if you turn off of a road with speed limit info in the maps onto one without, system might keep showing last speed limit value. But it does not guess.

Now, navigation.near_speed_limit is not a value (well, not a numeric value), it's just a true/false that is set when you are driving close to the speed limit.

Ah OK. There's no such thing as "guessed speed limit." Under some circumstances, if you turn off of a road with speed limit info in the maps onto one without, system might keep showing last speed limit value. But it does not guess.

Now, navigation.near_speed_limit is not a value (well, not a numeric value), it's just a true/false that is set when you are driving close to the speed limit.

Took a bit of work, but I got it.

I had to add another bmp into the mix as well make changes to the scripts800_480 file. I'm also running the U.S. speed limit sign in place of the euro style. For the speed limit near the bmp is the red outline euro style with a black center in order for the yellow text to be visible.

Let me know if you want to add this into the next version and I'll send you files.

Latest release from Stanislavovich:

Download here http://depositfiles.com/files/dfipux6td

05.07.2009 8.2

1. Detour button (with a route present click on the next turn area) now offers Delete Route function without confirmation.

2. FitToScreen button on the Track Log Info screen switches to track overview map. Sacrificed "Export All Tracks" button.

3. Camera icon shrunk to 32Ñ…32

4. poi.icons packed as one file. Should not affect anything but makes using alternative POI icons easier.

Fixes:

1. ТМС button was unavailable in Europe

2. Detour functions fixed. They might have worked incorrectly

3. "Back" from the search screen used to lead to the Main Menu. Now it goes back, i.e. to the map.

4. Autozoom in all modes except pedestrian, when entering navigation is always automatically turned on.

5. When showing next street, shows distance to next via point or destination.

PS Jason, could you please attach it to the forum?

Boris, nice, I'll be hopefully reformatting my unit to scratch tonight, updating and installing this GUI mod.

Thanks

Утощн!

All thanks go to Yuri, he wrote the mod. I just translate release notes into English :)