AVIC411.com

Any more videos of the new Z coming tonight? Like the new voice control of the nav or anything? Also, what are the bootup times for the new units like. The Z series probably has an upgraded CPU and am looking forward to seeing the difference that makes. Thanks again for the coverage.

Any ETA on the 3.0 update? Or is that coming along the same time as the map update.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any more videos of the new Z coming tonight? Like the new voice control of the nav or anything? Also, what are the bootup times for the new units like. The Z series probably has an upgraded CPU and am looking forward to seeing the difference that makes. Thanks again for the coverage.

Any ETA on the 3.0 update? Or is that coming along the same time as the map update.

All my demo videos (boot up, voice control, nav, everything) will be up at some point tonight. The 3.0 software will require the map update, it's going to be about $70 and requires a key code.

Thanks for the videos! Looking forward to the x910 video. Neat icon dragging feature, but the touch seems a bit unresponsive still...

That was just me not knowing how to do it the correct way. There's a technique to the drag/scroll. In the later videos, after I realized I was doing it wrong, it's not an issue.

Thanks for the videos! Looking forward to the x910 video. Neat icon dragging feature, but the touch seems a bit unresponsive still...

That was just me not knowing how to do it the correct way. There's a technique to the drag/scroll. In the later videos, after I realized I was doing it wrong, it's not an issue.

I was thinking that it was just being new to the system. The screen was even picking up when your finger was pulling away from the screen. The bootup time of the z series has me SOLD. ~10 seconds from what I counted. That is phenomenal. Any word on the CPU in the Z? Almost seems like a dual core or something atleast 1GHz. Maybe even Intel Atom based, who knows. I'm hoping for street prices in the $1200 range. Also, the new MSN direct features look great providing that they actually work. I kind of wish they went back to XM Navtraffic since it can be received anywhere XM can and is not dependent on local terrestrial FM stations, which may or may not be crappy and slow to update any info, if any at all.

All my demo videos (boot up, voice control, nav, everything) will be up at some point tonight. The 3.0 software will require the map update, it's going to be about $70 and requires a key code.

Hi Jason, great to see you keeping everyone so up to date on what's happening! Is it the 3.0 software that will cost $70 and the maps will be more... or will that $70 include the map update?? I just bought my F700BT last week, will there be any consideration of people who have very recently purchased? Thanks so much!

Thanks for putting up all the information. Any idea if the 3.0 will add the extra features in the msn direct area (news, stocks,etc.) for the f series? Any mention of what is new or improved in the 3.0 update outside of the maps?

Thanks again

I hate to be cynical, but it seems like the new series isn't worth the extra money over the current F series. If you can get an F90BT for $600 new (Amazon), is the X910BT really worth $1,100? It seems like the improvements are mostly software based and you can get the new software for $70...?

Edit: Also, if I read the press release correctly, the F90BT comes with the iPod adapter but the X910BT doesn't...?

You do realize the MSRP on the 90BT is $1200 right? Just because they list a price doesn't mean people can't whore it out on the web for way cheaper. The price of the 910 will drop like a rock too after the initial buzz is over

I hate to be cynical, but it seems like the new series isn't worth the extra money over the current F series. If you can get an F90BT for $600 new (Amazon), is the X910BT really worth $1,100? It seems like the improvements are mostly software based and you can get the new software for $70...?

Edit: Also, if I read the press release correctly, the F90BT comes with the iPod adapter but the X910BT doesn't...?