AVIC411.com

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Pioneer has polished the turds that were the F series. Problem is - a polished turd is still a turd. If you need one right now, get the F whatever and the map/3.0 update. Otherwise, wait a few months until the X series turns out to be the turds I'm sure they'll be and get it for a fraction of the release price.

However, if you want something more reliable right now, I might have to suggest going with a Kenwood. Sure, they don't have the voice command for dialing a call, but really, neither does Pioneer.

P.S. Is anyone in this forum actually excited about the new lineup? I sincerely hope no current F series owners would ever buy anything from Pioneer ever again.

heheheheh for those of us who refuse to give apple any money, its a superior sounding MP3 player, yet one that for some reason, sits lower in sales than the other.

Superior? Hmm...

Does anyone know if these new units still run some flavor of windows?

Does anyone know if these new units still run some flavor of windows?

Considering the X-series is basically the F-series plus the 3.0 software, I'd say it's a near-certainty it's running Windows CE 5.0 too.

Looks like Pioneer has polished the turds that were the F series. Problem is - a polished turd is still a turd. If you need one right now, get the F whatever and the map/3.0 update. Otherwise, wait a few months until the X series turns out to be the turds I'm sure they'll be and get it for a fraction of the release price.

However, if you want something more reliable right now, I might have to suggest going with a Kenwood. Sure, they don't have the voice command for dialing a call, but really, neither does Pioneer.

P.S. Is anyone in this forum actually excited about the new lineup? I sincerely hope no current F series owners would ever buy anything from Pioneer ever again.

Someone a little bitter? That or a Kenwood rep.

I wouldn't say Kenwood is more reliable if you read how buggy their flagship 9140 is

http://kenwoodforums.com/viewtopic.php? ... 7ca7b9abc4