AVIC411.com

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the X910BT installed (for the last two days).

To answer the question about the back cam, although I don't have one hooked up, it was turned on and it looked like it was avail before the system was booted up.

I'm desperate for a parking/moving bypass. Not that I want to play video while driving but far too many things are disabled. Anybody?

Where did you happen to purchase the unit?

Thanks,

Bryan

And I wonder if he is liking the unit? Please post any likes and dislikes!

I had the x910bt installed in my Navigator last week. I purchased a NIB unit on Ebay for $780 with free shipping. To answer some of the previous questions...Yes, the rear camara works before full boot up. So far the system works well and I am very pleased with my purchase. My Iphone works great with the bluetooth and is very clear thru my speakers. Voice activation works very nice as well, but I dont understand why Pioneer didnt make the Navigation work with voice commands. I havent played with the navigation that much but will post further details later. Any question please ask.

I have the X910BT installed (for the last two days).

To answer the question about the back cam, although I don't have one hooked up, it was turned on and it looked like it was avail before the system was booted up.

I'm desperate for a parking/moving bypass. Not that I want to play video while driving but far too many things are disabled. Anybody?

Where did you happen to purchase the unit?

Thanks,

Bryan

And I wonder if he is liking the unit? Please post any likes and dislikes!

I've had the x910bt installed in my 08 Avy since Saturday. There are some really good prices around if you look hard enough. I got mine installed with steering wheel controls, GM onstar module, and parking brake bypass for $1100. Which translates to about $700-750 for the unit itself.

I'm very happy with the unit. It does take a while to boot up (10 secs. for FM/AM, 30 secs. for ipod without vr set, 40 secs. for full nav. and 60 secs. for iphone 3g to link). Not too bad. I did notice that if you interupt its boot up and start pressing buttons before it's completely booted, it will lag for a bit but then goes away. But if you let it load up completely before pressing any buttons, it runs awesome. I have to admit, after reading the reviews of the f90bt on here, I was a bit apprehesive of buying the x910bt, but so far I am very happy with my purchase. There's just nothing else out there around the $1000 installed price range that can even hold a candle to the pioneer.

All,

Great forum - and yes, I'm new to it. I have reviewed what I could find on the site about the Z110BT but still have a few questions, so here goes:

I just bought a new Z110BT off of Amazon for $1329, pluys $8 for S&H. A company called "Discount Jungle" was the seller. It will be here this week! One of my primary reasons for the purchase is to enable bluetooth.

I have a 2008 Pearl White Chevy Avalanche LTZ that I bought in April with 61 miles on it. It has the full nav system head unit with backup cam that I plan to sell on eBay. I'm trying to figure out all of the extras I need to get for the initial install. For example:

1. I want to keep XM satellite, so I need the following per Crutchfield's website: Pioneer GEX-P920XM

2. I want to keep Steering Wheel Audio Control, and Crutchfield says I need the following: PAC SWI-PS - Pioneer and Sony. However, there are mixed reviews on Amazon for this item - does anyone have any experience with it?

3. There are 2 different HD Radio Tuners, the Pioneer GEX-P10HD and the Pioneer GEX-P20HD. Is one better than the other? They are the same price on Crutchfield ($99.99).

4. I'd like to play my iPhone 3GS, but I'm not certain it will work - Pioneer's literature says it will work with 3G (I assume 3GS wasn't out for testing prior to release). Anyone have any experience with that yet?

5. Will I need an iPod Adapter to connect my iPhone? Which one: Pioneer CD-IU50V or this one: PAC iPod to Pioneer? Both are on Crutchfield, but the second is almost half price from the first.

6. Do I need an Auxiliary Input Adapter? I don't plan on using an external CD player, ever. However, I do want to be able to hook up a USB flash drive. Not sure if the cable is included with the unit (I doubt it).

Your feedback would be great appreciated!

BTW - the guy at the local car stereo store tried to tell me the X910BT was just as good as the Z110BT. He carried it but not the Z110BT - he already had an expensive Kenwood on the floor not selling. He also said the Z110BT would not be available for 6-8 more weeks! However, I made my purchase on Amazon last Saturday. I hope I got the right one!

All,

Great forum - and yes, I'm new to it. I have reviewed what I could find on the site about the Z110BT but still have a few questions, so here goes:

I just bought a new Z110BT off of Amazon for $1329, pluys $8 for S&H. A company called "Discount Jungle" was the seller. It will be here this week! One of my primary reasons for the purchase is to enable bluetooth.

I have a 2008 Pearl White Chevy Avalanche LTZ that I bought in April with 61 miles on it. It has the full nav system head unit with backup cam that I plan to sell on eBay. I'm trying to figure out all of the extras I need to get for the initial install. For example:

1. I want to keep XM satellite, so I need the following per Crutchfield's website: Pioneer GEX-P920XM

2. I want to keep Steering Wheel Audio Control, and Crutchfield says I need the following: PAC SWI-PS - Pioneer and Sony. However, there are mixed reviews on Amazon for this item - does anyone have any experience with it?

3. There are 2 different HD Radio Tuners, the Pioneer GEX-P10HD and the Pioneer GEX-P20HD. Is one better than the other? They are the same price on Crutchfield ($99.99).

4. I'd like to play my iPhone 3GS, but I'm not certain it will work - Pioneer's literature says it will work with 3G (I assume 3GS wasn't out for testing prior to release). Anyone have any experience with that yet?

5. Will I need an iPod Adapter to connect my iPhone? Which one: Pioneer CD-IU50V or this one: PAC iPod to Pioneer? Both are on Crutchfield, but the second is almost half price from the first.

6. Do I need an Auxiliary Input Adapter? I don't plan on using an external CD player, ever. However, I do want to be able to hook up a USB flash drive. Not sure if the cable is included with the unit (I doubt it).

Your feedback would be great appreciated!

BTW - the guy at the local car stereo store tried to tell me the X910BT was just as good as the Z110BT. He carried it but not the Z110BT - he already had an expensive Kenwood on the floor not selling. He also said the Z110BT would not be available for 6-8 more weeks! However, I made my purchase on Amazon last Saturday. I hope I got the right one!

I have the x910bt in my 08 avalanche and love it. It's my understanding that the main differences between my unit and yours is yours has the bigger screen, it has voice control for the navi (where mine only has it for phone and music), I believe it also has a few other things, but those are the main ones.

I have the PAC Swi-ps installed in my truck and it's ok. It does the job. It is a bit laggy but it still does what it's supposed to do. I also have the GM onstar module, which you need if you want to keep onstar, door chimes, turning signal chimes, etc. working. The Z110bt is badass, so I don't think you made a bad decision. The only reason I went with the x910bt instead, was the cost. After all your parts and install, etc. my unit will be about half the cost of yours. But if money is no object, you made a good choice. Enjoy and post up some pics of your install. I'm interested on how your unit looks on our trucks.

By the way, I also have a iphone 3g working with my unit and it's flawless. But for complete ipod and iphone use you will need the ipod cable. I went with the pioneer one CD-IU230V. They aren't that expensive $40-50. Plus I wouldn't recommend going with the cheaper cable, I've learned the hard way you get what you pay for. Plus it comes with the usb plug, so you can connect the flash drive to it.

Regards,

Fellow Avalanche owner

Excellent detail, thanks for the response. I just ordered the following items:

1. GMOS-LAN-02 from Amazon for $90.99,

2. Pioneer GEX-P920XM XM Satellite Tuner from Amazon for $88.78,

3. PIONEER GEX-P20HD - HD TUNER for $91.41,

4. Pioneer Sony Steering Wheel Interface SWI-PS for $46.90 new from eBay, and

5. PIONEER CD-IU50 iPOD DIRECT CONTROL CABLE from eBay for $24.

============================

= $342.08

They were just about the best prices I could find.

Hopefully I have everything now and will be ready for the install next week sometime when it all arrives.

I will be happy to post some pics after install.

Would like to add a new amp and some updated speakers as well at some point.

You can see the truck here: http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/co ... ?album=861