AVIC411.com

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the X910BT installed (for the last two days).

To answer the question about the back cam, although I don't have one hooked up, it was turned on and it looked like it was avail before the system was booted up.

I'm desperate for a parking/moving bypass. Not that I want to play video while driving but far too many things are disabled. Anybody?

To answer the question about the back cam, although I don't have one hooked up, it was turned on and it looked like it was avail before the system was booted up.

I'm desperate for a parking/moving bypass. Not that I want to play video while driving but far too many things are disabled. Anybody?

Where did you happen to purchase the unit?

Thanks,

Bryan

Where did you happen to purchase the unit?

Thanks,

Bryan

And I wonder if he is liking the unit? Please post any likes and dislikes!

• 3 weeks later...
Looks like Pioneer has polished the turds that were the F series. Problem is - a polished turd is still a turd. If you need one right now, get the F whatever and the map/3.0 update. Otherwise, wait a few months until the X series turns out to be the turds I'm sure they'll be and get it for a fraction of the release price.

However, if you want something more reliable right now, I might have to suggest going with a Kenwood. Sure, they don't have the voice command for dialing a call, but really, neither does Pioneer.

P.S. Is anyone in this forum actually excited about the new lineup? I sincerely hope no current F series owners would ever buy anything from Pioneer ever again.

I wouldn't say Kenwood is more reliable if you read how buggy their flagship 9140 is

http://kenwoodforums.com/viewtopic.php? ... 7ca7b9abc4

They may be buggy, but look at the fourth post in that thread. THAT is what Pioneer is really missing. It sucks to produce a buggy unit, it sucks far worse to ignore the bugs and charge money for half hearted fixes.