AVIC411.com

AVIC-X Series 3.0 Firmware Update

So a quick search on Pioneer's website will lead you to an AVIC-X Series 3.0 Firmware update. It is roughly the same size as 2.0 and can be downloaded for free. Not only that but in the update, there is NO mention of the X Series. There is however mention of the F Series :lol:

[2008 Navigation Application Release Record]

Product : AVIC-F500BT/F700BT/F900BT

20090623 10:09

Release File : APL

Release Version : 3.010100 20090623

[2009 Navigation Platform Release Record]

Product : AVIC-F700BT/AVIC-F900BT

Fri. Apr. 24 12:00:00 2009

Release File : PLT

Release Version : 6.2.1.9

I personally was not able to boot the update, I did have the balls to overwrite my files in testmode with the update files which did not work. Next step I will try just copying the APL folder.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... port?tab=B

http://ds1.downloadtech.net/cn1010/firm ... Update.zip

Get it while it's hot :roll:

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesnt work. I have copied the APL folder of the update over the APL folder on the F900. Result: crash at startup.

So it wont work that easyly... I wish it would but it doesnt.

So the problem isnt the ezrider but the mainmenu.exe. It doenst even complete bootup.

Doesnt work. I have copied the APL folder of the update over the APL folder on the F900. Result: crash at startup.

So the problem isnt the ezrider but the mainmenu.exe. It doenst even complete bootup.

I get the same thing. If I boot into WinCE and run mainmenu.exe by hand, sometimes I've gotten it to change the screen brightness, and once my iPod got the Pioneer logo on it briefly. But it always crashes, and automatically reboots about half of the time.

Does anyone know how the firmware upgrades work "normally"? What triggers the upgrade process in a standard upgrade situation? The layout of the X-series upgrade files and the 2.006 update don't really look any different to me.

Could it be that the F910BT hardware (custom chips) is a bit different and the code for it won't work on the F700/900 hardware ?

I'd think the same thing, except for the fact that the firmware only mentions the AVIC-F700BT/AVIC-F900BT and not the 710/910. :mrgreen: I am however wondering if we need a full flash backup of a 3.0 drive.

What i meant is using only a hacked ez-rider apl2 folder(but will need a compleed one), maybe this will run without uodating the other unit files, because the hardware is probably a little different.

I don't know how to hack the ez-rider, but if someone does i'll give it a try

any way to test these things w/ an emulator of the exact image of our CE OS's. I know that there were emulator instructions on the wiki, but this seems to launch a pocket pc rather than running a true image of our units?

That would allow for a lot easier and risk free testing, but may not be possible.

Success!!!!!

Well, so far!

1) I updated the WinCE version via the instructions here : viewtopic.php?f=33&t=25424&p=172862&hilit=service+menu#p172862 EXCEPT I choose the update WITHOUT formatting option.

2) Using the new testmode 2.3, moved the old APL to APL.bak, and copied over the 3.0 version

3) Crossed fingers, reset

4) Booted! So far I haven't found any problems - some of the menu items are like in the 3.0 screenshot tour viewtopic.php?t=25031 , basically the non-NAV related items (bluetooth call screen, for example)

5) Its still runing iGo 8.0, since I didnt replace the APL 2 folder. Gonna try replacing that next.

Menus *seem* like they're faster, boot time seems a little bit quicker too.

I'm stuck with iGO at the moment. I'm betting its because the X series update file doesn't include license and map files, so iGo won't start. The system gets "stuck" if I try to do anything NAV related with the 8.3 files in place.

If I boot test mode and try running EZRIDER.exe by hand, the Pioneer logo flashes on the screen for a split second, then disappears. I did copy over my old MAPS and POI folders, to no avail.

I think either EZRIDER.exe needs to be patched to take a different license file, or we need to get a hold of the full APL2 folder from an X series.

Well, my observations so far:

• [*:1bk4o40a]Menus definately seem quicker
    [*:1bk4o40a]Startup time seems slightly quicker
    [*:1bk4o40a]It now boots up into the iPod screen if thats what I was listening to when I turned the radio off. Before it would just load to the main menu.
    [*:1bk4o40a]Any non-Nav related menu items seem to be like the 3.0 screenshots. However, the system info still displays 2.0 as the version number.

I gave up on getting the APL2 files from the X-series 3.001 update working for now. The existing files seem to operate fine. I'll play around with it more over the weekend.

Great find Moogle.

Do you have Steering Wheel Control? If you do can you check if the Folder/Station Skip works?

(Or.. check it with the Knob on the device. Does pressing up/down do anything when listening mp3 or radio?)

And.. which CE image did u flash? The one from the F910 3.0 update?