AVIC411.com

AVIC-X Series 3.0 Firmware Update

I'm betting if you can grab an engish language file for igo 8.3 then put it in the LANG folder it may work.

I uploaded Lang_English_uk and Lang_English_aus for you, sorry but I don't have an US version:

http://rapidshare.com/files/255049136/Lang_English.zip

Paul

Well now I can't get it past the init app portion of startup... I can't figure out what I changed that made it stop working completely. Didn't even get a chance to try the language file.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now I can't get it past the init app portion of startup... I can't figure out what I changed that made it stop working completely. Didn't even get a chance to try the language file.

Ah, I hate that, not changing anything but the results :evil:

Good luck!

I'm betting if you can grab an engish language file for igo 8.3 then put it in the LANG folder it may work.

I uploaded Lang_English_uk and Lang_English_aus for you, sorry but I don't have an US version:

http://rapidshare.com/files/255049136/Lang_English.zip

Paul

did you update the wince, mine hanged when i did that part wrong....

I am having the same problem.

I updated the wince img from the 3.0 upgrade for the x series from service mode, then copy the apl folder from the same x series update file. Reset the system and bootup won't pass the "System Startup" bubble.

Revert to 2.0 wince img and apl folder solve the problem.

I did it twice, and I have a Canada F700BT with stock 2.0 firmware.

Any help?

I am having the same problem.

I updated the wince img from the 3.0 upgrade for the x series from service mode, then copy the apl folder from the same x series update file. Reset the system and bootup won't pass the "System Startup" bubble.

Revert to 2.0 wince img and apl folder solve the problem.

I did it twice, and I have a Canada F700BT with stock 2.0 firmware.

Any help?

I'm thinking the WinCE included with this update is somehow incompatible with the f700... Has anyone actually got this working on anything but a F900?? I gave up on trying to get mine to work and just reverted back to 2.006

I gotta say though the improved key response, fixing the call window, and new maps will be more than worth $60. This coming from someone that bought this thing for full price during the avic411 special at Al-Eds. Now if Pioneer could just make an HD radio tuner that doesn't fail after 3 weeks of use. :wink:

I've been away from forum some time but soon as I saw this update hack I had to try..

ON MY F-700 it works like charm..Key response is way faster..I've lost custom thems from CMH but other mode still stays..

It was little hard to get in to blue screen cause whenever I try to push 4 buttones it'll restart but about ten tries I was able to get into blue screen..and follow the instructions..and after update wince key reponse was already fast er after that copy new APL folder and that was it...

now only we can hack new igo and maps...

I got it working on my 7010BT (essentially the same as the 700BT). Although, I was not able to get the steering wheel controls to work the way they should (but that might be more on the connects2 steering wheel interface as opposed to the Avic.

HR

I'm thinking the WinCE included with this update is somehow incompatible with the f700... Has anyone actually got this working on anything but a F900?? I gave up on trying to get mine to work and just reverted back to 2.006

I gotta say though the improved key response, fixing the call window, and new maps will be more than worth $60. This coming from someone that bought this thing for full price during the avic411 special at Al-Eds. Now if Pioneer could just make an HD radio tuner that doesn't fail after 3 weeks of use. :wink:

I deleted my whole Sound folder and replaced it with the new one. I noticed the Navi sounds are unchanged though, I assume they are in the iGo folder somewhere, probably in the DATA.zip

Ya i just copied the the audio folder in the data.zip from 3.0 to the one i'm currently using. Attached is the audio folder for anyone that needs it.

audio.zip

For people have it working on F700BT, do u have the original firmware or the hacked exrider and licenses?

Cause I feels like the map is the only thing not wotking. After I did the update, the menu button, av source and setting working fine but the map!!

Thanks