AVIC411.com

AVIC-X Series 3.0 Firmware Update

I'm stuck with iGO at the moment. I'm betting its because the X series update file doesn't include license and map files, so iGo won't start. The system gets "stuck" if I try to do anything NAV related with the 8.3 files in place.

If I boot test mode and try running EZRIDER.exe by hand, the Pioneer logo flashes on the screen for a split second, then disappears. I did copy over my old MAPS and POI folders, to no avail.

I think either EZRIDER.exe needs to be patched to take a different license file, or we need to get a hold of the full APL2 folder from an X series.

My gues is, you need maps and license, which can be found on igo forums. And hack ezrider to accept the other lic.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Moogle! I will attempt this tomorrow.

Success!!!!!

Well, so far!

1) I updated the WinCE version via the instructions here : viewtopic.php?f=33&t=25424&p=172862&hilit=service+menu#p172862 EXCEPT I choose the update WITHOUT formatting option.

2) Using the new testmode 2.3, moved the old APL to APL.bak, and copied over the 3.0 version

3) Crossed fingers, reset

4) Booted! So far I haven't found any problems - some of the menu items are like in the 3.0 screenshot tour viewtopic.php?t=25031 , basically the non-NAV related items (bluetooth call screen, for example)

5) Its still runing iGo 8.0, since I didnt replace the APL 2 folder. Gonna try replacing that next.

Menus *seem* like they're faster, boot time seems a little bit quicker too.

I repeated your steps Moogle and it worked fine for me too :D

Button response is A LOT faster now. And Steering Wheel Control DOES work as it should have from the beginning! :D:D:D

(So now when I press up/down I get Station Skip on Radio and I get Folder Skip on MP3 CD/DVD.)

Thats what I wanted... with my hacked Igo8 and up to date maps I am quite happy with my unit now. So Im in no hurry to update further. 8)

But Im still pissed at Pioneer that they HAVE this update, release it for the 910 and let the F900 ppl just sit there and wait when it would be FULLY FUNCTIONAL on the F900 too. Screw you Pioneer!

Button response is A LOT faster now. And Steering Wheel Control DOES work as it should have from the beginning! :D:D:D

(So now when I press up/down I get Station Skip on Radio and I get Folder Skip on MP3 CD/DVD.)

Thats what I wanted... with my hacked Igo8 and up to date maps I am quite happy with my unit now. So Im in no hurry to update further. 8)

But Im still pissed at Pioneer that they HAVE this update, release it for the 910 and let the F900 ppl just sit there and wait when it would be FULLY FUNCTIONAL on the F900 too. Screw you Pioneer!

Have you now igo 8 or igo 8.3 ?

This worked for me as well. I noticed the CommonLib modification posted in a different thread to get rid of navigation warnings didn't work for me anymore. It seemed to have just stayed on the splash screen and freeze there - but besides that - worked great. I just reverted back to the original one bundled w/ the 3.0 APL folder.

Wonder how hard it is to modify the ezrider to work w/ other maps...

Thx,

Ben

+1! This update worked for me also and button response is the way it should have been from the get go. Definately alot happier now!

Wow, you guys rock! Its soooo much faster. The presets with steering wheel control is nice too, although it almost always goes up two presets at a time on HD radio for me. On XM it goes up one. Anyone else have that problem?

Now we just need the iGo and we pretty much have 3.0. I'm gonna see if someone on a certain forum where i download maps can hack this ezrider for the generic license :)

In order to update WinCE do we have to follow all the steps in the post you are referring to? It seems like that process was for an entire reboot of the system so I'm not sure if you have to do all that. Also, when you move the APL file to APL.bak, do you create the APL.bak file before you go into testmode (ie. put it on your SD card prior putting it in the AVIC?). Sorry for the likely stupid questions but I am dying to get the radio presets to work and would love to do this mod, unfortunately I am a total noob (although at least I have already backed up my AVIC prior to any further mods).

Thanks a lot,

HR

Success!!!!!

Well, so far!

1) I updated the WinCE version via the instructions here : viewtopic.php?f=33&t=25424&p=172862&hilit=service+menu#p172862 EXCEPT I choose the update WITHOUT formatting option.

2) Using the new testmode 2.3, moved the old APL to APL.bak, and copied over the 3.0 version

3) Crossed fingers, reset

4) Booted! So far I haven't found any problems - some of the menu items are like in the 3.0 screenshot tour viewtopic.php?t=25031 , basically the non-NAV related items (bluetooth call screen, for example)

5) Its still runing iGo 8.0, since I didnt replace the APL 2 folder. Gonna try replacing that next.

Menus *seem* like they're faster, boot time seems a little bit quicker too.

Well, HR, the thread Moogle pointed out is just for how to get into the Recovery Menu and how to flash a new CE. And thats all you have to do there. Copy the CE image from the update to a SD card, boot into Recovery by pressing the button combos and then flash the CE Image. (DONT use the "format" option).

Then boot into testmode and basically overwrite the APL folder with the one in the update. Moogle just renamed it but you can just as well back it up to SD and then overwrite it.

As it has been stated numerous times it is always a good idea to back up all files on the unit to a SD card bofore attempting anything like this. So you can always go back to a working installation.

-C

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. (and yes, I have backed up all my files!! :D )

I will give this a try when is stops pouring outside so that I can actually get to my car.

Cheers

HR

Well, HR, the thread Moogle pointed out is just for how to get into the Recovery Menu and how to flash a new CE. And thats all you have to do there. Copy the CE image from the update to a SD card, boot into Recovery by pressing the button combos and then flash the CE Image. (DONT use the "format" option).

Then boot into testmode and basically overwrite the APL folder with the one in the update. Moogle just renamed it but you can just as well back it up to SD and then overwrite it.

As it has been stated numerous times it is always a good idea to back up all files on the unit to a SD card bofore attempting anything like this. So you can always go back to a working installation.

-C

Ok, please ignore the above post as I go into testmode and was able to switch the APL file with the new APL file.

The button responses seem much faster but I still don't have what I really wanted which was the button scrolling to pre-sets and not up/by one (on XM) or 0.1 in radio.

Should I try to load it again? Any other thoughts as to what I may have done wrong?

Thanks

HR